It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One person challenges 200 voters in Ohio - Was Directed By RNC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
At the court hearing:

MS. KOOSED: Ms. Miller, you filed a challenge to the voting residence of Catherine Ann Herold, who lives at� Barberton, Summit County, Ohio; is that correct?

MS. MILLER: I did.

MR. PRY: And have you ever been to that residence?

MS. MILLER: No.

MR. PRY: Do you know Catherine Ann Herrold?

MS. MILLER: No, I don't.

MR. PRY: You have indicated in this challenge form that the person � that you believe that she does not live at that residence; is that correct?

MS. MILLER: That's correct.

MR. PRY: And what is the basis for you making this challenge?

MS. MILLER: That was my impression that these items that I signed were for people whose mail had been undeliverable for several times, and that they did not live at the residence.

MR. PRY: Did you personally send any mail to Ms. Herold?

MS. MILLER: No, I did not.

MR. PRY: Have you seen any mail that was returned to Ms. Herold?

MS. MILLER: No, I have not.

MR. PRY: Do you have any personal knowledge as we stand here today that Ms. Herrold does not live at the address�

MS. MILLER: Only that which was my impression, that their mail had not been able to be delivered.

MR. PRY: And who gave you that impression?

MS. MILLER: Attorney Jim Simon� He's an officer of the party.

MR. PRY: An officer of which party?

MS. MILLER: Republican party.

NPR

In that Ohio court room, 976 Summit County Voters were challenged by a handful of Republicans, directed by the local RNC.

A judge threw out all 976 challenges.

5 people, about 200 baseless challenges each. This is the year democracy died. It was fun while it lasted.

Want to read more? Google: Catherine Herold

I heard her story on Air America and it broke my heart.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Some of these hard core Republicans are willing to sink to criminal depths to win an election.

Where does the moral heart of America really lie?

Certainly not with THESE Republicans.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Everything was perfectly legal. Both parties are allowed to challenge voters. These allegations turned out to be incorrect yet there are others that are correct that the biased media will not report. These people were legitimate voters and got their cases thrown out, whats the big deal?

Did anyone break the law? No they didn't, just a bunch of democrats mad because they are getting challenged when they attempt to cheat.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
There are scum bags in both parties. I guess you are all quick to forget all of those dead people that voted Democratic right?

EDIT: and BTW, at least this was done LEGALLY, within the frame work of the system.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by American Mad Man]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have to agree, Jackal. There are a few scattered cases of supposed RNC operatives acting to suppress in areas, but then:

You have organizations like ACORN, funded in part by Soros, actively working to suppress Republican voter registration in an overt attempt to manippulate the election.

New Mexico, for instance. Or Colorado, or Ohio, etc, etc.

While there appears to be maniopulation on both sides, it seems clear that these 527 and other PAC organizations are actively working to suppress Republican voting, because otherwise, they really don't think they can win.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm deeply ashamed of both parties personally....I have always been a staunch Democrat, and I'm voting for Kerry, but only because I despise Bush and I don't like my other choices. Granted, there has always been foul play, and it's always been on both sides, but this year it seems that's all there is.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
But here's the issue:

There's the legimate use of the legal recourse, and then there is the abuse of it.

Were these voters challenged because there was sufficient suspicion, or was it just to deter, or make it difficult for certain demographics to vote? When does this become intimidation? It's hard enough to get people to vote - if you make the process a maze of hoops to jump through, how many will be turned away?

In an election where as little as a few hundred votes could make the difference, could there not be those that see this as a tactic to affect the election?

The question here, was there any real probable cause for these challenges? I might be more likely to just nod and think, due process, if they had found ANY of them valid.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
When democrats hire people to register voters and they pay them with crack, I would challenge a lot of voters too.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It's very clear that there is allot of voter fraud going on & you know I don't give a Rats a__ whether their Republican or Democrat, but we need to put these people in jail, or better yet lets make voter fraud punishable by death.

I've had people come to my door with all my voter information asking me if I'm going to vote. Why exactly do they want to know, so they can vote for me if I said I wasn't voting?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
When democrats hire people to register voters and they pay them with crack, I would challenge a lot of voters too.

I believe it was Cocaine not crack
. Either way, if a crack addic is being payed to register voters, then I would question things as well. If the voters are legit, where is the problem here?

You can read about the "crack man" on ATSNN
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
well seeing as how the first JFK probably became president due largely to dead people voting 10 to 1 for demos....I can't see how legally challenging voters who's address doesn�t seem to exist is all that wrong....what are you suggesting that demos should be able to cheat unencumbered as long as their candidate has the initials JFK
I�m trying to understand what exactly the problem is here curm

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
...............whether their Republican or Democrat, but we need to put these people in jail, or better yet lets make voter fraud punishable by death.

as nice as that might be it won't happen lawyers aren't exactly ethical.

top topics

join