Republicans still trying to scare Americans with "terror"

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
OK, so this is just one Republican, but to me it shows how their mindset of always trying to produce fear and paranoia that they can use to control peoples' votes and even their minds. Michael Savage's new book is trying to terrify people about the remote possibility of a giant terrorist attack on America. It has been my experience that conservatives are easily affected by this type of propaganda due to the fact that they tend to not know much about the world outside of America (or even their own region of the country), and they seem to have been brainwashed their whole lives to believe this garbage that everyone in the world hates us, is jealous of us, and wants to attack us. The reality is that most people in the human race are primarily concerned with just surviving from day to day.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -

Michael Savage

Dr. Savage’s new novel, “A Time for War,” may be a work of fiction, but it highlights a very real danger to American security: Communist China.

The second installment in Savage’s series of “Jack Hatfield” thrillers, “A Time for War” sees the hero trying to avert a terrorist attack that would dwarf 9/11.

Savage told WND that he hopes the political adventure novel will “awaken people to the potential of such an event” as well as entertain them.

www.wnd.com...
edit on 10-2-2013 by CB328 because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
LOL! Yeah, it is so far fetched! What would lead a man to come up with such a whimsical idea for a work of fiction?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

LOL pot meet kettle! seriously with as much as Obama has done you can still sit here and say its all republican propaganda ahahah. Take the blinders off kid! There is a new war monger in chief and you have his political symbol as your avatar! NDAA is all I have to say to make you look stupid your president can kill American citizen which he deems to be terrorist! lol talk about scare tactics he going to use 30,000 drones over the united states by 2016

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Wow!, it's really similar to the democrats fearmongering about mass shootings.

The liberals are just as guilty of fear based nonsense, and have just as much trouble seeing past their "Obama cash".
Liberals and Conservatives are equally stupid.

In my opinion about 90% of America needs a good kick in the face.
If you intend on bashing Americans, you can at least be non-partisan about it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Your right and since Steven Spielberg is a Democrat with your logic he is still scaring Americans with things like:

Dinosaurs running rampant and eating everyone in the world: Jurassic Park IV

Aliens invading the earth and destroying man kind: Falling Skies

Alien robots coming to earth and waging war with each other: Transformers

A super computer taking over everything electronic in the United States and turning it against us: Eagle Eye

The point is that this was published as a FICTION title, as was the movies noted above. Get a grip!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well, I'm glad somebody is worried about terrorist attacks. 3000 people died in New York as a result of one as i recall. I believe a Democrat named Bill Clinton let the mastermind of it and others go twice, his name was Bin Laden and he had quite a following. Once in 1996 and again in 1998. One has to wonder if 9/11 would have happened had the POTUS practiced due diligence. One has to wonder if the huge debt America racked up since would be as high also.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think these scare tactics have been around for a long time but people would just shrug them off, now people seem to be very emotionally fragile and take this scare propaganda way too seriously.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This terror garbage is getting old, as well as, the gun grabbing propaganda. When will our government do something productive like, oh I don't know, settle on a BUDGET? Or, preventing our economy from turing into Greece's? Fact of the matter, the military-indutrial complex needs a boogyman. No boogyman = no threat = < $$$'s. It seems to me, Uncle Sam turned into that creepy guy that looks at you weird at thanksgiving.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
I think these scare tactics have been around for a long time but people would just shrug them off, now people seem to be very emotionally fragile and take this scare propaganda way too seriously.

It's a fiction novel. The only people that are even going to read it are the people who have an interest in the subject matter. I don't see it as fear tactics at all. If people that aren't interested don't read it, how does it become scare propaganda for them?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by Tardacus

It's a fiction novel. The only people that are even going to read it are the people who have an interest in the subject matter. I don't see it as fear tactics at all. If people that aren't interested don't read it, how does it become scare propaganda for them?

1984 was a fiction novel as well, but it looks like some use it as an instructional manual.
2nd.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Siberbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Closing for Staff Revue

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Opened back and moved to Politics

Keep it civil folks

Semper

new topics
top topics

join