It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question about the modern "american civil war" nonsense

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

i think that most of the "just vote for change" types haven't been directly affected by any of the ridiculous laws and flaws in the system.

the system is corrupt from the top to the bottom almost like a rotten hollow bee hive, and voting will not get anything done, those days are long long long long long gone.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

I am 46, spent my entire life living across the entire US ( Massachusetts, Tennessee, New Hampshire, Florida, California, Texas, Georgia ) - and have been on the economic scale everywhere from abject poverty to wealthy.

The things you listed are the direct result of the will of the people. Sadly we don't like to own up to them. We are currently in a period of changing wills - the end of one set of values and the beginning of another. So that is causing chaos. But let me tell you. On September 12, 2001 - America would have cheered everything on your list, bought War Bonds to finance it, and agreed to 70% taxes to fund making sure it all landed on the right targets.

What we see now is the hangover from that bout of patriotic zeal

People talk about our Rights ( notice the uppercase ) as if they are the power that makes this country great. They aren't. They are simply the things that the Framers gave us to enhance our real power - our collective voice. A voice that is manifest in our vote.

You can believe that Diebold steals elections and makes up counts - and there may well be some truth in that. You can believe that there is no such thing as an honest politician - and there may well be some truth in that. But what is equally true is that when we, as a people, speak in a single voice, we get what we demand. Each and every time - because when we do it reminds those in the halls of power just who pays their wages and enables them to be such pirates.

One of the greatest tricks that the system has perpetuated upon the young currently is to convince them that they can't change anything... that they are impotent before the mighty machine - when the truth is that the machine only works if we allow it to. We say "stop" and it stops.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

my friend..it is true that if the people rise up and speak changes will come...

yes this is true..

but the people (notice the uppercase's)FEAR their government the people are SCARED to speak up.

our government has become exactly what we didn't want it to be 200 years ago.

except this time the people have too much to lose this time around..

their fancy houses
their smart phones
their video games
their nice cars
their warm beds

and in a sense..they are right because this time the government has become unstoppable

<< 1   >>

join