It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Believe It..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
“ Can You Believe It? ”
‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’‘’

“..what...wha...What?” I half screamed.
“It’s Sean, and he’s calling for you.” my wife sleepily exclaimed.
“Can’t you go?”I begged - “I’m asleep.”
“No!”came the dragon voice of the delicate beautiful woman whom was ‘sleep-interrupted’ next to me,
“I’m asleep too!”was her final answer.

Forfeiting my warm bed, I hurriedly made my way to my first born’s room where he was readily waiting with his out stretched arms for one of his parent’s to rescue him from the nightmare that so readily invaded his , and now his parent’s slumber.
While wiping his tears with his jammy’s sleeve, I gently deposited him between my wife and myself in the queen sized water bed generally reserved for my spouse and I.. Listening to his tears subside to muffled sniffles while being caudled by his mother, I readily drift back to slumber~land.

That would be just one of the many sleep disturbed nights experienced by many parents - except, this happened to my toddler son every night like clock work. And there were nights when our two year old son didn’t go back to sleep right away, staying awake in fear - crying long into the wee hours of the morning, depriving one of us of much needed shut eye.

The nightmares traumatized our son to the point where, we as concerned parents - decided to take our child to a reputable pediatrician.
The good Doctor described that our son was experiencing what he termed as ‘night terror’s.’
The doctor had no explanation for our son’s nightmares as he came from a regular well adjusted loving relationship with no marital problems between his parents.
His remedy to the situation was not therapy but instead to offer a prescription of sleeping pills.
Being what I believe to be a concerned parent, I quickly vetoed that situation and we as a family ‘tuffed’ it out until the night terrors ended! ‘All for one and one for all’ for this clan!
The nightly intrusions lasted from when was my son was two and half until he was three and a half, approximately nine to eleven months and now my son is twenty seven with his own family consisting of a wife and three children. Two boys with the youngest being a girl. Time does indeed fly my friends, indeed it does!

Here I am years down the road now revisiting this memory as I recall questioning my son about what it was that he was experiencing that terrified him so.

His admission to me was that “frogmen” would come through the ceiling and take him away.
He also once told me that one night when he awoke in our bed with us, the closet door was open and two frogmen were standing there watching us.

My significant other, my rib whom I call “swimbo” (she who must be obeyed) concluded that our son’s night terrors stemmed from a serious case of “Alien’s”. Stumped as we were because we had no idea how our toddler would have known about Aliens and where he got the idea to depict them as ‘frogmen’?

Well as life would have it, my wife and I had another child, a daughter - which seemed to help dissipate the night terrors! And then the tribe relocated to a different city.
Actually to the country in a big farm house with one hundred and seventy five acres of farmland. One hundred and twenty five workable and fifty of bush-lot.
A farmer worked the land while I rented the farmhouse with full use of the property, with the guarantee that we wouldn’t harm or interfere with the farmers corn crop’s.
It was a nice place for my children to grow and experience. They both have fond memories of their youth being spent there.

The night terrors seemed to just fall off and life got to be, dare I say - regular.
It didn’t seem to bother him growing up as I have always been interested in the paranormal activity and he himself use to tease his sister that the lights in the field at night weren’t actually lights from a farmers tractor but were in fact lights from U.F.O.’s coming to abduct them.”They were just waiting until everyone fell asleep”, he would tell her.

To this day my son still says it was frogmen he saw as a child and he has absolutely no interest in aliens other than when his old man says something deemed crazily down the rabbit hole and off the wall.
Now my daughter on the other hand won’t even watch a sci-fi movie with me, scares her she says - but she’ll watch zombie movies, go figure!?! What’s up with the youth of today?

Well, I would just like to relate that I’ve investigated much paranormal over the years - as an arm chair critic, from Area 51 and Crop Circles to Aliens and the Lunar and Mars anomalies and much to my dismay - I’m still waiting to be abducted! (..it’ll happen soon ~ I can feel it!)
Here’s what I find fascinating - why would an obviously intelligent superior species travel possibly quantum physics unknown in mileage to a planet where the inhabitants have always killed everything they don’t like, fear or understand, where they ‘ve been killing each other since they began.

I have never given much belief that superior beings would have the interest in abducting one of our planets alpha life forms. That’s seems ludicrous.
They may have a passing interest in the planet itself, but interaction with our species is accompanied by a “..does not play well with others” warning label.

That being said, you might find this story inquisitive to say the least..

One day recently when I was chatting with my son, he told me that during breakfast - his eldest son related a dream that he had the night before, and that he had been riding in a flying saucer.
The next time I saw my grandson, having the diversive curiosity I’ve been blessed with, naturally I gently questioned him about his dream.
He told me it wasn’t a dream, that it was in fact real!
That exclamation in itself, required that my curiosity to be fed, so I pressed on with my gentle interrogation technique.

My grandson shares a room with his six year old younger brother and so I ventured the question; “Patrick?” “Yea pappa...?” was my eight year old grandson’s response, not looking up from his hand held Nintendo game. “Did David go with you in the U.F.O.?” I queried half anticipating his answer to be something along the lines of ; “..I don’t remember or..just a plain resounding - No.”

What he said next ended my questions.

He stopped playing his all important, ‘the world’s gonna end if I don’t get to the next level’ video game, looked me unwaveringly in the eye and in a matter of fact voice, exclaimed - “You know papa, you were there too!!!.”

Can you believe it? ..out of the mouth’s of babes.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HumAnnunaki

Very interesting story indeed.

My son started having night terrors when he was 2 1/2. That is when we moved to the house we are currently still in.
He never remembered having them. His eyes would be wide open and glazed over and he would just be screaming and crying and trying to get away from something.
One night I remember he stood up and was screaming crying and yelling there's a robot and he was pointing in the corner...I saw nothing.
He didn't remember it the next day either.

He is 7 almost 8 now, and still has them on occasion but never remembers them.

That's pretty wild about your grandson. Interesting as well.

Peace
~nat the crazed cat-~

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thank you for your kind words regarding this story;
Did the truth shine through on this story..?
I didn't think people would notice this a factual story frrom my life..hmmmmm

I suppose I could have put this in any many categories here on ATS..

Sorry to hear about your son -
It's pretty heart~wrenching to be woken from your
peaceful slumber by cries of fear from your child that your soul has sworn to protect.

I wish him the best and I wish you peace with this common problem.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It is a factual story.... Right?
It seemed so.

It rang true in my heart.

And thank you for the peace you have sent me. In need of it today.

The doctors told us he would grow out of it. Which seems to be true. He doesn't have near as many, but when he does, I just hold him even though he fights me to get away, and sing him sweet songs.

Thanks for sharing if it is true or not.

-nat the cat-

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

We don't need to believe it.

Your child obviously did.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thank you again miss Nat the Cat -

Yes it is a true story/event..
..I can hear your voice singing now

How lucky is the child whose mother sings to them!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes...you are correct -

He did/does believe it, as does my grandchildren.

They, my grandsons, were lucky not to be plagued with these night terrors.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Hi HumAnnunaki, I really enjoyed reading what you posted! I've had my share of experiences that are simillar....my kids too. The dreams within dreams, the dreams that aren't dreams and more. Makes for an interesting life. It's like there are lessons to be learned and sometimes something truly amazing happens to bring such into fruition. If you get a chance to read my "Sky People....a different kind of story about "them", posted here at short stories forum, it may give you a "hint" relevant to my adventures.

Thanx again for a great post and I hope you have more on the way.
^j^

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Thank you for your kind words.

I do like to write and have a vast veried interest,
so there is a possibility you will come across something in your interest.

I have one I wrote awhile back titled "Who They Are And Want They Want"
but would like to update it before posting it.

I will make the time to view the post you offered, again, thank you.
edit on 11-2-2013 by HumAnnunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I like your perspective in this story. Very realistic, good balance between the emotional and the logical feelings towards this "night terrors" situation.

Very awesome read. S&F

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

swimbo - love it.
Great story S and F

I have lucid dreams of being in space ships too.
The last time I was with beings looking down on Antartica - it was like a blue silver whote wonderland - but I remember thinking I did not really it was so many shades of blue.

It looked so clean and pure - the spaceship had a wall you could see through - but apparently if anyone looked up, they would just see the sky.

It was a lovely dream very real and not with scary men.

Later i was watching a documentary on Antarctica and it is indeed blue.
edit on 12-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Welcome.. ..and thank you.

I try not to make my stories boring and if at all possible incorporate
humor with tangible facts.

Sometimes I wish to make them more discriptive but then feel that readers
maybe inclined, due to attention span, to read a shorter versoin.

I am currently writing one titled "World War 'E'; Global Rise of the Child Soldier".
It is fact coupled with hypothetical theory.

It in now means will be a short read.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

swimbo - love it.
Great story S and F

I have lucid dreams of being in space ships too.
The last time I was with beings looking down on Antartica - it was like a blue silver whote wonderland - but I remember thinking I did not really it was so many shades of blue.

It looked so clean and pure - the spaceship had a wall you could see through - but apparently if anyone looked up, they would just see the sky.

It was a lovely dream very real and not with scary men.

Later i was watching a documentary on Antarctica and it is indeed blue.
edit on 12-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

"SWIMBO" is a term I have been using for about eight years and I believe I plaguerized
the term from someone here on ATS.

Possibly not, however, I posses a abnormal sense of humor which my poor wife must suffer.

That was a beautiful discription you gave of Antartica.

I see no threat from EBE's and often joke that during 'abduction' I willfully trade them
anabridged 'probings' while they ley me probe their intelligence for answers.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Thank you to Druid42 -

..:[The writer keeps copyright, and ATS owns the content. Tricky, huh? Most publishers won't accept previously published content, so if you are planning on publishing, best not to post here.]

This was posted in regards to a query I asked about the [LOWWC]

In no way do I allow anyone or institution the 'right' to OWN content to work that I explicitly
incorporate from actual experiences invested from my life.

top topics

join