It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are They Looking in the Wrong Place for Dorner?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Looking over the information being presented on the search for Dorner I find that some things do not add up. It has recently been reported that Camping gear and weapons were found in Dorners burnt out truck(Source which was found in the Big Bear lake area. This is where they are concentrating their search. This to me seems a bit odd. I realize that there are 600+ cabins in the area that he could hide in but wouldn't that be obvious? Wouldn't he realize they would do a door to door? With this information would it not be a dumb idea to destroy your camping equipment, which allows you to stay on the move away from possible witnesses? Especially with the cold weather and snow? This would lead me to believe he decided that he would not need it and therefore is not where they are looking.

I would not hang around an area that I left evidence of my being there like the truck but instead I would use it as a distraction from where I was actually going.

According to a few reports, mostly conspiracy sites and other non msm sites, that state that Christopher Dorner Becomes First Human Target For Drones on Domestic Soil. What? If this is true how many people will be killed as collateral damage to keep their officers alive that Dorner has implicated and threatened? I can see them being used as surveillance, but this does not show any form of bringing him in safely to be questioned and or detained. It is becoming plainly obvious, to me, that their intention is to shut him up.

Did he kill those 3 people? I do not know. Was he set up? I do not know. But what I am seeing is that they are not willing to give any type of true investigation a chance of coming to fruition.

How say you ATS?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

At this point, its going exactly as I expected it to. I'm going to be surprised if he is caught within the next 3-4 months.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If he was going camping why would be burn the gear he brought thinking he would need it? He was in the armed forces as well they teach basic survival and weather no way would be want to go in to snow or about to snow filled mountains. He picked up a different car and is headed some where else. I hope hes caught a live and the new investigation in the LAPD shows he was right and falsely let go.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
He probably planned this in advance, most likely has several areas he considers relatively safe that he can jump to.

I see this ending like this: They find out where he's hiding, they drop a helectoper on him, shoot him in the head, photoshop some pictures of his dead body, and give him a Muslim burial (Dump him in the ocean).

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I agree with you. If Doner is so smart and well-trained, why on Earth would he burn his pickup and hike into the snowy mountains? It makes no sense. It's such a poor choice for so many reasons.

First, it's just so obvious, so out in the open and lacking any subtlty at all. I thought he was supposed to be skilled in asymmetrical warfare? It's like all those movies where the quarry is being chased and decides to head up into the highest storeys of a building. You KNOW it isn't going to end well because they just trapped themselves. Here Doner is heading into the cold and trecherous terrain which absolutely MUST put him under personal stress. He really ought to be heading somewhere where he can be personally comfortable--not into a high-stress environment where his own survival is at stake even if no one were chasing him. If he really is up there there is no way he's getting out alive.

So he's either being exceptionally stupid or the whole thing is a diversion.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I truly hope your are wrong in how it will come to an end, but somehow I don't think you are.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I'm not willing to theorize officer Dorners plan nor intentions in a public forum.
If what he says in his manifesto is true,(deathbed confessions are generally from the heart and accurate) then I believe the man is still cleaning the city and doing his job.
I will allow the guys who get paid the big money to theorize what this mans next move will be without my help.
Due to the police response the last few times they have encountered this man, he just might be telling the truth.
He will most certainly die eventually but, he has opened pandoras box and the real damage is only about to be realized.
Good luck and godspeed officer!

edit on 10-2-2013 by g146541 because: i c'ant spellar or punctumicate neether,

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'll go with fieldcraft 101 - if you are being hunted you need a plausible diversion or misdirection.

Stay in LA, have an accomplice drive the truck to Big Bear, and stage some random gear. Sanitize the scene to throw off forensics, accomplice leaves the AO and no one is the wiser.

If he is serious about acting on his threats being in Big Bear is a stupid idea. Can't hit anyone from there.

If he is as good as they say then he knows that a slow war of attrition and gaining public support is the way to win a guerilla war. So he lays low lets, them get burnt out financially and operationally chasing shadows then strike after they stand down. No city can stay on full tactical alert for long - there is just no budget for it. The officers will get burnt out or stop taking this as seriously - fatigue is inevitable.

Once that happens strike again, then rinse and repeat - draining the coffers and effecting morale soon you will become a legend and people will want to join the cause. This is how guerilla movements and rebellions begin.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

he's exceptionally stupid. the MSM is hyping the ever loving eff out of his military abilities. he drove a desk. he knows about sonar and torpedoes and hull designs. he's more than likely not the "expert marksman" the MSM is making him out to be, because the "expert" ribbons he earned aren't exactly difficult to achieve. the MSM is making him out to be some super-soldier who lost his marbles and is now on the loose. the last two parts may be true, but the first part is woefully inaccurate.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamrock6

As a poster above said, if the reports are not true then why the "shoot first" mentality of the officers involved? They are gunning for him and according to the reports they are scared of his abilities. My guess is as was stated by another poster, he is throwing them off the trail, laying low until resources are drained then will strike again. He has had plenty of time to plan this and appears he has planned it fairly well.....he hasn't been caught yet and is probably the highest profile fugitive at this moment. There are teams of people searching for him and they have nothing at this point except for a burnt out truck and his letter. That alone tells me he is way ahead of authorities looking for him.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
A couple of new developments relevant to this thread. They've found both campimg gear and weapons in the burned out truck. Umm, why did he not take that stuff with him? Would you plan to "camp out" and defend yourself, then just leave that stuff in the truck to be found, thus guaranteeing the "authorities" would find it and trace it to you?

Secondly, Randal Quan, the police officer whose daughter, Monica Quan, and fiance were allegedly killed by Dorner (and why, if true, I have no sympathy for him) received a phone call from Dorner taunting him and asking him why he didn't better protect his own daughter. Now there's no real proof the phone call was placed by Dorner, but if it were, that means Dorner has the capability of placing calls meaning, very likely, that he is not in a remote area. Cell phone calls can be traced and it's already been mentioned he would be unlikely not to know that and would not use them, and reception in mountainous areas is often problematiucal at best.

Just two points suggestive that this is a diversion.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
On the other hand, who said that was the only camping gear he had available?

And why not head into snowy areas? Snow is a great insulator and can be used to make shelters relatively quickly... Which could also provide all the camouflage you would need, and likely shield you from heat detection. If he's looking to avoid detection, the city would not be the place to do it. But in the mountains, he could go for months with no human contact.

My own training with Beavers, Cubs, and Sea Cadets are sufficent to let me do this for a weekend. If he's had real training, there's nothing that should stop him from doing it for a longer period.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

you're a cop. you're aware that you're looking for a person who its claimed has a vendetta against cops, has potentially killed one and injured two others in firefights. instead of shooting first, you decide to talk to everybody with your sidearm holstered like its no big deal? that's completely illogical and improbable.

look at any picture of Dorner in uniform. he has absolutely zero ribbons or devices that denote any form of direct action engagement, in any military branch. he has NO special warfare devices. can he shoot? sure. does he know about survival and escape/evasion? possibly. does he speak a foreign language? maybe, who knows? is any of this stuff that you can't find scores of books, websites, and magazines about and completely self-educate yourself about? absolutely not. and that's my entire point.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Personally i think the burnt out vehicle is a diversion. I think he had another vehicle stashed up there. His mom has property in the Big Bear area. He could've had another vehicle and supplies stored there.

I think he took that vehicle and left Big Bear out the "back way" thru the Lucerne Valley. From there he could get to I-15 and head to Nevada or take the back roads thru to Yucca Valley and 29 Palms and make his way to I-40 or I-10 to AZ. Or if he prepositioned some supplies and shelter, there is a whole lot of remote area around there to hide out in. IMO, I think he may be in NV since he has previous ties there.

He's either stupid or crazy like a fox.

As far as his military experience goes...meh. He was a reservist and an inactive reservist since 2010 before his discharge. He did a 6 month gig overseas in Bahrain, Kuwait and Iraq doing port and oil platform security, since he was attached to a Reserve Riverine unit. They hype up he's a Rifle Marksman...which is the minimum qualification you can get for the rifle.

I am interested to see how the LAPD's re-opening of his case goes. That's no excuse for what he's done though.

top topics

join