It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Disease Discovered, Strikes Mainly Young Women: "As If Brain Is On Fire"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess117

Didn't Hippocrates say, "let your food be your medicine?" He was ahead of his time I guess. I think exposure to toxins, which could come from a variety of sources, can result in neurological disorders like lead poisoning. As far as food being the medicine - heavy metals like lead for example, can bind with and be carried out of the body by brewers yeast, so there is a great deal of truth in Hippocrates suggestion of food as a cure.
edit on 11-2-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Could this possibly solve most demonic possessions? Could this be it? It says only young women though and possessions effect all ages. Just speculation :/

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

Veering off topic a tad, I just had to pipe in from the lunatic fringe and reply to Alexander (the rest of his... title is open to debate) as to the % of possession victims (or frauds, or misdiagnosis- take your pick) who are female... the stats are pretty evenly distributed across the sexes and the feeling that females are the primary victims comes from that famous movie (based on a case of a male in Alexandria, btw), subsequent movies and scads of bad relationships.

I too have been guilty of the probably false impression/perception that only diabolic powers could make chicks act like some do.

Not to say the other primary sex is free of bad behavior... but really. Back to topic.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess117

Hey there,no she's never been on any birth control,or anything that contains hormones medication-wise.I say medication-wise,because what with all the additives to food these days,hormones and antibiotics and hell-knows what in meat..its Really difficult to find truly safe organic food these days,and those cost a lot more,normally.I limit our intake of red meat,we have it once a week,never more these days,and i buy freerange eggs,make sure they drink mostly 100% pure fruit juice,fresh fruit and veggies,pasta with homemade sauces-i try my level darndest to give my family the healthiest food i can afford/get hold of.

It is very worrying to me,and im sorry to hear your friends also have this.My daughter was in such pain,our doctor thought it best to send her to the ER at the Medi-clinic in the capital,to rule out the need for an emergency appendectomy.When i was a teenager,we had some monthly woes,and that was that.Im wondering if whats in our food supply does'nt contribute heavily.When i was growing up we got all our produce fresh from a farm-my father was a farm manager,and so we ate like kings.I attribute my extaordinary good health most of my life,to a good start foodwise,and Lots of exercise.
Im sure young people today are really getting the short end of the stick,and parents who try and avoid unhealthy food have an odyssey to undertakeevery time they go grocery shopping.
I seriously can't think what else could be causing these cysts,and gynaecological problems young women are having at a much earlier age-this is happening to girls like my daughter,who has never been sexually active in any way.Just extremely worrying-if im already going out of my way,and often out of pocket to provide "safer" food,what else can one do?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess117
I just stumbled on this fairly recent article about a mysterious, newly discovered disease that strikes mainly young women. Doctors have described it as if "the brain is on fire".

Health: Mysterious Disease Discovered Locally, Strikes Mainly Young Women

Young women dazed, restrained in hospital beds, acting possessed and then becoming catatonic. They’d been so normal, when suddenly their lives went haywire.

“I had bizarre abnormal movements, would leave my arms out extended, you know, in front of me. I was a relatively normal person, then the next minute I’m hallucinating and insisting that my father had kidnapped me,” said Susannah.

Turns out, Susannah and Emily weren’t mentally ill. They both had an auto immune disease called Anti-NMDA Receptor Encephalitis, when antibodies attack the brain, causing swelling.

Unfortunately, this disease is often misdiagnosed and written off as a psychological disorder when this is a neurological issue. According to the article, however, thousands of people have been diagnosed with this rare disease. To diagnose, researchers have developed a spinal fluid test. Treatment is through immunotherapy, and there is no cure as of this moment.

What do you think about it? Do you think there's a link between nutrition and autoimmune diseases?
edit on 10-2-2013 by Jess117 because: (no reason given)

Could it be that start of the Zombie Apocalypse like in the series " The Walking Dead ? " In that series it all started with the outbreak and spread throughout the world. If you got infected by being bitten or scratched or contaminated by blood, you turned. I wonder if the guy in Florida and others I've heard about who attacked and tried to eat other people are like these people.

Stay tuned.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

This is definately not new. I dated a couple girls in high school in the late 80's and early 90's that had to have cysts removed from their ovaries and I remember the doctor telling the parents then that they were common. Just no answer to what caused the cysts in females from 14-17 yrs old. They used the same method to find a babies heartbeat as they used to find the cysts at that time.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I believe, Jess, because this is a auto-immune mechanism, it is the lack of a chemical signature from cells that cause the attack? When cells die, they go through the process called 'apoptosis' via the mechanism PCD (program cell death). The cell tells the body it is dying and needs dealing with accordingly, so phagocytes deal with the cell and remove it. It is a normal process that occurs everyday.

Healthy cells signature that they are healthy and thus are not touched or attacked by immune mechanisms. I would suggest that it is the lack of a signature, or the disregard of the signature present that leads to immune mechanism attack. Tumours can circumnavigate the apotosis mechanism, or use it for their own purpose to proliferate cancerous cells.

This disorder will eventually be cured because it will require a signature chemical to be introduced to 'switch off' the immune system attack.
edit on 12/2/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join