It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's 100% Proof That FOX News Are Straight Up Lying, Corporate Shills.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
Im not reading the OP's thread cuz its obvious where his political agendas shine

But I have 100% proof that abc and cnn doesnt know what they are talking about either

Then you shouldn't comment..your only stating how you prefer ignorance over reading.
Political agenda? So you suggest then that by exposing a media outlet's intentional deception, it = a attack on a political party.
Which means you fully admit that Fox News is nothing more than a tool for said political party...

Gotcha.
So..what brings you to ATS? Surely isn't the motto.

He shouldn't comment?

You remind me of a college professor i once had.
He believed in the diversity of everything except thought.

Shout down and silence all opposition.
Sounds kinda adolescent. Doesn't it?

No..
If you come into a thread, start by saying your not reading the opening post and therefore state loudly you will remain ignorant on the presentation...then ya..you shouldn't damn well talk about the subject at hand.

If I go into a thread and state I won't read the thread ops, but make some random comment trying to dismiss or minimize the topic at hand, then I would rightfully get someone to tell me to stfu and read the article before yapping.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Well, it's a good thing Fox News was there to pick up on the NBC editgate scandal.
- Wait a minute, that's not what Zimmerman said. -
- Let's listen to the whole 911 tape again. -
- Oh.....now we all see what they did. -

I guess NBC thought they would not get caught.
They thought wrong. That NBC producer was fired!

Reuters and AP had nothing to do with that edit.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

"dismiss or minimize the topic"?
The title of the thread " lies by omission".
Read the posts of others on this thread.

They know what the OP is up to and it is not going to work.

Everyone on this thread now knows that MSNBC is not pure as the wind driven snow.
They are in fact crooked as a dogs hind leg.
edit on 11-2-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Here's 100% Proof That Mainstream News Are Straight Up Lying, Corporate Shills

That would be a more accurate and it would show no bias.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
So... Not sure why the intent of the thread is such a big controversy. There are tons of rants about how all MSM "sources" are biased, sure, but this particular discussion is about a specific example of Fox News using a known untrustworthy source, and painting that source as somehow trustworthy.

In that context, the comments about MSNBC, CNN, ABC News, 60 Minutes... it's all irrelevant.

Here is a specific example of the deliberate slant of Fox News. (Boo! Hiss!) All the other guys may have done similar things... and I would hope that every one of them has someone actually do some research, and pull out as much relevant information as the OP did in this specific example of a Fox News atrocity... and then post it as its own well-researched and coherently presented topic of discussion.

There's more than enough interest to support discussion of all the propaganda outlets individually.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Everyone on this thread now knows that MSNBC is not pure as the wind driven snow.

Never said msnbc wasn't. they hype things up, the hyperbole is insane at times, and they sensationalize things while minimizing others.
But there is a difference between sensational hype and lies. Fox lies..they have done so many times. sometimes by mistake sometimes on purpose, etc...mistakes happen, but purposeful lying should have consequences in media that calls themselves a "news" organization.
Fox Lies

Again..mistakes happen, but when mistakes and misspeaking happens now and then (and typically corrected when noted)..but when its a daily occurrence...

Are you annoyed by it? Are you at all concerned by the mountain of lies by this network? Can you give an opinion without feeling compelled to immediately look away and point at other broadcasts and their slipups (when if you do a side by side comparison, it is literal mountains to molehills.)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
MSM lies, really?? come on i say NO MORE THREADS ABOUT ANY NEWS OUTLET LYING , !!!! its sorta like starting a thread saying BROWNIES ARE CHOCOLATE !!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackz28
MSM lies, really?? come on i say NO MORE THREADS ABOUT ANY NEWS OUTLET LYING , !!!! its sorta like starting a thread saying BROWNIES ARE CHOCOLATE !!!!

No. More threads about any news outlet lying!!!!

(Brownies are chocolate-adjacent, but I won't get into that.)

Most of the threads you will see about MSM lies are generalizations. "Media outlets lie." Those can be as broad and vague as you'd like to see. This thread is about a specific way in which a specific media outlet is distorting "News" by filtering it through a known anti-information peddler with a big-business paycheque, but it seems to have become more about what it is not about.

Yes, media outlets lie... but here is one specific example you may wish to read about and discuss. In fact, if you'd all (Not specifically talking to you anymore, blackz28... I switched gears without a hitch there, it seems.) go back and read the opening post, it's very well presented. Of course it's slanted against Fox. It is about Fox doing something stupid!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

I get the general direction...lol. Fox sets the absolute standard, world wide for deceit and dishonesty on the air. To some. they embody the very idea of deception through broadcast.

Of course, by random happenstance, I rarely see a conservative with that extreme end of the views for Fox, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. To be fair on it, I rarely find a conservative these days who says Fox is anything like balanced or accurate either.

Now in going back to when they were? Well, I wouldn't go clear beyond the 9/11 attacks, but close. They did turn, as so many things in the world did, after 9/11. After the crash began in 2007, that turn became more noticeable than ever. Today, it's newstainment like the rest...and crappy newstainment at that.

There is an important distinction with Fox though. There ALWAYS HAS BEEN for a number of it's shows. Things like Beck, O' Reilly, Hannity and others never claimed to be news. Not even in a passing way have they claimed it. They are commentary and say so, openly. Fox has a few hard news shows and those do no better or worse than the others. ALL have spin....most are half way accurate and some ? Well, what have they been smoking, comes to mind to ask.

Some at MSNBC and CNN don't make that distinction while merrily going on with commentary shows anyway.(Larry King comes to mind...and Piers Morgan just doesn't get than much respect, IMO...So does Rachael Maddow or Randy Rhodes when she graced the air with her...ahem...presence)

So, that is why I do call them ALL about equally worthless while some are just a hair worse than others....but changing position for leader of that board as often as not by the story and slant it naturally comes with. Just my two cents.

(I also am going all the way back to when CNN first started as a new idea for 24/7 news on television and the day Fox News opened their doors as a conservative alternative.....Oh how they both came to disappoint in the end while starting with good intentions, IMO)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Somewhere I read, I think in UFO material and possibly one of Richard Dolan's books, that from the Cold War on, ALL media outlets from the New York Times to Saturday Evening Post had a CIA operative on the editorial staff to make sure nothing was published that wasn't either in line with the National Security State's agenda, or if antithetical to it, so outrageous as to be easily debunked. The CIA also controlled such illustrious outlets as the National Enquirer, which contributed much to the science of making certain subjects the subject of ridicule rather than open rational discussion.

They do the same thing now with '9-11 Truthers' even though the opposite of 'truther' is 'liar'.

Is it any wonder rational evidence-based discussion in this world is a rare thing?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Wow people are such fan-boys here! Where in hell the OP has mentionned the others were better than Fox?? He just reported what he has researched on.

If you want a thread on MSNBC or CNN or ABC or anything else, just do it yourself and don't forget to include ALL news outlets in your thread with proofs of all the lies so people like you wont point out that you are trying to dismiss only the love of their life.

BTW, good job OP, we need more threads to point out the blattant lies like these ones!!

Peace out.
edit on 11-2-2013 by bigwig22 because: typo

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackz28

These threads are usually aiming at uninformed and new people here. If you don't need to know what's in a thread, then just don't read it and leave the chance for less informed and unawakened people to know what's going on.

Peace out.

edit on 11-2-2013 by bigwig22 because: typo

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I hate Fox as much as the next guy.. but honestly most news organizations are in some way politically aligned and will hype up whatever works against the opposing party .. I watch them all just to get a starting point and then I do my own research and hope for the best.

Exactly, NBC will conveniently leave anything out that makes the Dems look bad, so calling one news outlet as misleading based on another news outlet is like calling the kettle black!
The only way to get the truth is if you witness it firsthand but even then (as in the Phoenix 'lights') we are told we didn't see anything unusual even though 1000's observed it!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
We report and you tried

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think FOX invested heavily in social media prediction computer programs, and is making their content from a bunch of algorithms that is telling them that this is what their viewers want to watch. When camera and computer join forces, where is the room for the humans and their puny logic?

Honestly, I think there has got to be hidden rooms in a studio where the tables are mirrored and there is an apothecary for their special guests. In theory, they might be on drugs when they are making this news. It's showing up across their networks. You do notice that their own offices are where they never do any investigative reporting?

Look, FOX Broadcasting Company is a branch of FOX Entertainment Group which is a division of News Corporation. You know Rupert Murdoch? He and his family members control this media tree.

Maybe they are lying because someone is telling them to.

I gave up on propaganda in television. Taking orders of the way it is from half a body on screen, I can't do it ever since I got the computer. Even if they told the truth, I couldn't do it. If it sucks, stop watching it, please.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
So honestly OP, what is your point? I admit, I haven't read more than the first two pages, because I really want to respond to your original post. Yes, they are not the be all end all in news. Neither is CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, etc. My question is why wasn't the post called " The mainstream media as a whole lies!". Someday, I hope that people will leave the right vs. left crap and move on. The root of all that wrong in this country is the right and left paradigm. You think either side wants to solve any problems for real? Do you really honestly believe anyone is washington really wants to solve any issues? If they did, most would be out of a job. They are all career politicians. They need chaos, and suffering to make a living. They need the media to spin things to make the sheep blindly back candidates that they think will go in and fix things. You know, enough is enough. Gay rights? It doesn't matter anymore. It is not important. Just let them have what they want. Legalize drugs? I don't care anymore. We are all being fed bull# from all sides, and I am personally sick of it. Our freedoms and way of life are hanging by a thread, and until the people revolt and say that we've had enough of the charade, and reform the govt into a slimmed down entity that is not a path to getting rich, and is instead a way to make society better for all people, this whole freakshow will continue, and we will all suffer more and more. How about instead of worrying about things that don't matter, we start worrying and focusing on what does matter. If the entire nation just stopped watching, the media would get the point. And if the majority of americans would flood DC, and not leave until we got what we wanted, things would change. It's time to do something, instead of bitching and moaning. Rant over.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
fox news is the corporate/military industrial complex puppet show, lol...

i noticed this in the bush days..and its still the same...

pushing patriotism while cheating and lying about reality..haa

thank you for sharing truth bro, i pray ALL people wake up..

we will..

we are

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Good post , but you waste you're time trying to be reasonable with cult members. There is no reasoning. Everything is black and white. All politicians are the same. MSNBC is the same as fox. All media is the same.
They have been programmed with certain ideas and even when you lay out verifiable proof that fox news is #, they still parrot what they have been the taught. Fascinating!
Fox is very controlling. Never underestimate it's power to twist people to its will.
edit on 11-2-2013 by fripw because: spelling error

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
fox news is the corporate/military industrial complex puppet show, lol...

i noticed this in the bush days..and its still the same...

pushing patriotism while cheating and lying about reality..haa

thank you for sharing truth bro, i pray ALL people wake up..

we will..

we are

wow talk about your own spin on things.. ive read this whole thread, and at no point did anyone say the OP was lying about his evidence. the dispute was that he attacked just one news outlet for it when it is the cable news media doing 24/7 that are all doing it to an extent.

fox news will put a conservative point of view on most issues as that is the way they and the majority of their audience thinks. the same can be said for msnbc or cnn. they will put a liberal point of view. thats not a point that can be contested as you would have to be blind and willfully ignorant not to see it.

Heres the secret. if your of the opposite point of view your always gonna disbelieve what the other guy says as it doesnt go with your world view. end of story.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by McTurbo

Unless you're a programmed fox news cult member under mind control, then you really don't have a true point of view.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join