It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is earth just a giant history book/lesson to an advanced species?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I had thought about this a few times, and said to myself why not. Now first things first, we could of been genetically altered from ape by some "Builder" species, or we came from mars, and lost our knowledge due to wars, or maybe the theory of evolution is actually right.

Anyways, back to the topic. For all we know we could have some kinda human like race out there that have the same genetics, and geology as earth. The reason as to why I'm saying this is cause they could litteraly studied our entire evolution from the very first tribe to a civilization, then advancing in social structure and technology, so on and so forth.

Now knowing advanced civilization that probably has been technology advanced for maybe a few thousand years, or even much older, let say 100,000 year old civilization could use our technological breakthough or events as otherwise history lesson. Im saying cause they probably had many wars within their society or against another species and as we all know war destroys history. Not only that I have a hard time just trying to 2000 yrs worth of history.

For example: So the invention of a blacksmith forge, would make them wonder when their species was at a point of time going thru the same technological path, and they could dig in their museum and say "Hey, had the exact same thing". It would make them interested in learning how the technological evoultion of their technology came to be.

Not only that, if we are exactly similar to an advanced race psychological wise, we could share similar historical events.

I just wanted to get this out in the open.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
That's quite a lot of nonsense crammed into a single post.
Maybe you live in the matrix? Maybe the "universe" we experience is the colon of a giant?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Would you go outside and watch a bird building a nest, in order to learn how to build an airplane?

If you wanted to build a pyramid, would you lay in the grass, and watch ants build their home?

Originally posted by Specimen

Not only that I have a hard time just trying to 2000 yrs worth of history.
It is no secret that the history of humanity goes back much further than 2000 years.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

Lol. I do the best that I can do. Remind me to comment on any nonsense in the near future.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Srry about that. Took ur post in the wrong context thr.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Why not though. Most of our inventions come from studying nature after all. Look at planes, they are designed to aerial dynamicly like a bird. A boat has to be stream lined like a fish.

Plus they could study our technological advances and compare it to hours and just mix and match pieces of their history records.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I appreciate your post. It's possible that some new branch of education or academia could unfold or flower from exploration of a more primitive species and its evolutionary track.

We find all sorts of reasons to study lifeforms on earth, so it's not a mystery that more advanced life might study us. I especially like your point about how history is destroyed in various ways.

Things don't unfold in perfectly predictable fashion. Life is a messy miracle. Who's to say? There're lots of ways of looking at this. I just assume that wherever there's life there's a mess. So some people say advanced life has no reason to study us. And some say it does.

Nobody knows for sure. But maybe someday we'll know more. Never know everything. In fact, we cannot exceed teh speed of light, so we cannot know everything that's going on. And even our best predictions are limited by the fluctuations of the quantum field. So if another part of the universe explodes and sends a wave of destructive matter our way, we'll only know it when we receive the first wave which is usually the one with the least mass. Oh sh*** we'll say. There goes our billion year plan of perfect bliss. Time to jump ship and find another place to live.
edit on 10-2-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Thx for the comment. I also wonder if a specific civilization has gone so advanced to the point that, they would simply forget simple things like how to make a fire for example. And some of them would be curious to understand( sure, call it non-sense) as how to build one, why was it important, what leaps did it make. Or even somehow relate it to themselves like, did an ancestor of mine do the same thing hundreds of thousands of years ago?

They could study us for many things, i just think this is one of them.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Why not though. Most of our inventions come from studying nature after all. Look at planes, they are designed to aerial dynamicly like a bird. A boat has to be stream lined like a fish.
That's not really the same thing though. You're not going to watch a bird for thousands of years, just waiting around to see if it ever does something different.

I don't know what caused the original idea for a boat, but I'll give it a 99.99% guarantee that the idea did not come from watching fish.
A submarine? maybe.
A boat? nope.

Even IF this theory were true, they're no longer watching. They most likely completely gave up on the idea thousands and thousands of years ago, after realizing just how long it took before the discovery of fire, and the invention of the wheel.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
...or the Earth is a giant computer whose sole purpose is to find the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything (the answer to that, of course, being "42").

edit on 2/10/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Interesting idea.

I'd like to read their papers and study results, because I'm sure that whatever their findings might be, they'll still betray some jingoism and attitudes of superiority towards their "offspring" creation.

They'd probably write things like:

"By the nineteenth century some earthlings were exploring the oceans, although they still relied on the wind!
Most of the planet still used bows and arrows; spears and clubs, while the Europeans thought themselves superior because they had learnt to use gunpowder from the Chinese. Of course by that stage in OUR planet's development we already had ray guns, drones and devices to destroy other planets. It seems the earthlings were hampered and spoilt by their moderate climate conditions. Since WE have proven that tough conditions are the mother of invention, we should stop mollycoddling the earthlings and increase their temperature.
Sacrifices will be necessary, but this will hasten the day where they will personally visit us, shake our hands and say thank you."

Professor Zork, author of: A Tough Love Approach To Earthlings. Pg: 2 Billion.

edit on 10-2-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Actually alot things are based of nature. Take a look at a Digger arm. It has hydraulics( Muscles) and a skeleton( a skeleton). If u look at it, it looks exactly like a humans arm.

Also a rudder is does acts like a tail fin btw.

It twas a fish.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I think they found out the secrets of the universe and life a long time ago.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well don't listen to the naysayers, I think your idea has merit.

Imagine if we could somehow create homo erectus and study how he actually migrated across the lands. There's only so much we can know from studying fossils and artifacts.

To actually witness this in a controlled environment would greatly expand our knowledge of how we came to be. Its certainly possible that a very advanced alien culture is experimenting with the same type of thing.

Maybe they are trying to figure out their long forgotten past by watching us.

Great Post!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Yea, thats what Im assuming. Just expansion of or a review of past knowledge on their part.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Id like to see their findings also.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Actually alot things are based of nature. Take a look at a Digger arm. It has hydraulics( Muscles) and a skeleton( a skeleton). If u look at it, it looks exactly like a humans arm.

Also a rudder is does acts like a tail fin btw.

It twas a fish.
aka common sense.

Our nature is not an accurate comparison for the idea that you're proposing. Your idea is based on an extremely advanced species, backtracking 100,000 years.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Well they say there is a super earth that u have probably heard about that would share similar conditions on earth, although they know nothing about it having life what so ever.

Anyways, bit off topic. An advanced species could of shared the exact same environment conditions we have on earth, and probably even have similar life forms. Even could of gone through similar socials structures of governing ourselves. Also if they were to have come from a planet with similar conditions of earth, they would probably even share the same gene pool possibly( Although possibilities are random due to various circumstances, which I can't prove at all). An advanced species that is similar to us would view this as an opportunity and would make a very easy going controlled experiment, specially if the host race ain't capable of any space travel at all.

Also if the theory of evolution is true, they would most likly study us for that reason and look for what events cause such changes in evolution.

Also history repeats self.. blah blah.

new topics

top topics

join