It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk of USA collapse going mainstream!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
When the MSM starts to get behind something, I immediately suspect a disinformation and propaganda campaign in the works.

Most of us know that our standard operating procedures the last few years is totally insane and completely unsustainable. This isn't a secret to anyone who is fiscally conservative. But when the media gets into the fray....I immediately start looking to the edges of the magician's stage...they are drawing attention away from something else. A good magician can march an elephant across the stage and no one will notice...so what are they drawing our attention away from?

I have known for sometime that the economic numbers and projections are trash. Unemployment is far worse than they are reporting and the stock market numbers are inflated and manipulated...most of us knew this.

If the media is drawing the attention of the "herds" to this, there is more than likely an underhanded reason for it...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Anyone who has a clue about the intrinsic value of metal coin as opposed to paper currency will know that this is the way of all "civilizations" in the past. It happened in Germany once upon a time too.

The crack in the Matrix is growing...

Hyperinflation

You can take all that paper and use it to block up the sewers in a storm or keep you warm in the winter. At some point all of it you can wheelbarrow around will buy you less at the corner market than...

...one pre 1964 US silver dollar.

i think a little more facts are due the readers.....

not only the 'Silver Dollar' as you acknowledge...but also the .50¢ coins are accumulate-able (if thats a word)

Walking Liberty silver coin 1916-1947
Ben Franklin silver coin 1948-1963
Kennedy silver coin 1964 exclusively

these were all 90% silver and 10% copper
they retain value because the 50¢ coin was not circulated as much as "pre 1965" small change & had less wear-&-tare on the metal (Those bags of silver content dimes/quarters are basically a give-away to the sellers demand price) because even when the SHTF era comes around, a $1. dime will be frowned upon and declined as trade goods, more than likely

stick with the Dollar$ and the Half-Dollar$ only... imho
ALL pre 1965---- because the half dollars after '65 thru '70 (as a sub-set) are only 40% silver

myself... i will avail myself of 2013 Silver Eagle coins as the chosen mint year ---but when the price (to my own judgement) is reasonable ...hint below $31. including the mark-up above Spot Price

Hope that helped. or at least peeked your interest for deeper searches
edit on 10-2-2013 by St Udio because:
edit on 10-2-2013 by St Udio because: sorry MOD for all the Edits.. humble bow here--Nemaste
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
TPTB are very very clever. There are many levels to the brainwashing they have been doing to us. Please try and abstract yourself from this particular context and examine your life. Is it fulfilling and meaningful? Do you get to be human and spiritual, eating good food, clean water and breathing clean air. Are you living sustainably, or are you condemning future generations? Do live in harmony with nature and embrace its beauty and power, or do you simply go about your 9-5 grind looking forward to a few hours of TV at the end of the day?

This collapse - what exactly will it mean to you and me? If it really happens, it would devalue money greatly and revalue us - humans - especially those that grow food etc. Skilled human labour would be the most valuable asset - those that knew stuff and could do stuff.

Thats why it wont happen. Something will intervene, a major distraction. Meanwhile the US is every day becoming worse than Nazi Germany in the horrible police and government rights it is building up, and the basic rights its taking away from the citizens.

What I urge you all to do is examine your life now - discounting any collapse - and see how genuinely happy you are with it. Are you healthy, are your kids going to inherit a better, cleaner world, or one of diminishing resources, GMO foods etc.

The simplest weapon they have is growth. Economic growth is the way money keeps its power. Start measuring the economy by how economic you are, eg smart and efficient - without waste, rather than growth, and suddenly the world is sustainable. But of course the key resource is people, not money, and there are not hoards of people willing to work for almost nothing.

I have too much more to say - need to compose my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

white ops : black ops :: fiscal cliff : climate cliff

"I am concerned about this process, I am really concerned. But no-one can tell the timescale of catastrophic releases. There is a probability of future massive releases might occur within the decadal scale, but to be more accurate about how high that probability is, we just don't know," Dr Shakova said.

"Methane released from the Arctic shelf deposits contributes to global increase and the best evidence for that is the higher concentration of atmospheric methane above the Arctic Ocean," she said.

"The concentration of atmospheric methane increased unto three times in the past two centuries from 0.7 parts per million to 1.7ppm, and in the Arctic to 1.9ppm. That's a huge increase, between two and three times, and this has never happened in the history of the planet," she added.

KaWowZers!!

WHAT IS IT? ... It's in your face, but you can't grab it.. .

@√

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19KTankCommander
seeing this reminds me of the great depression, know you know why your grandparents kept money stashed under the bed mattress or in cans buried in the back yard. Is it really going to come to this.

Interesting fact about the candian's dollar being backed by the US Dollar and the Candians sold all there gold, they must have some, some where, which this relates back to another thread about Germany wanting all there gold back in country they had stored around the world during the cold war.

The Canadian dollar (sign: $; code: CAD) is the currency of Canada. As of 2011, the Canadian dollar is the 7th most traded currency in the world, accounting for 5.3% of the world's daily share.[2] It is abbreviated with the dollar sign $, or C$ to distinguish it from other dollar-denominated currencies.[3] It is divided into 100 cents.

The Canadian dollar has actually been worth more than an American dollar many times in the last 5 years. If it was based off an American dollar why would that be the case? Currently 1 canadian dollar is the same as 1 us dollar in value. Our dollar is Also a "fiat" dollar, gaining most of it's value from our economy, as well as the people's faith in that dollar. The more our dollar is traded, the more it's worth.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Pretty sure Canada sold all their gold for dollars. So you are right in questioning why their currency has more supposed value. It could be they are leveraging resources since there is no more (or relatively little) gold left in their vaults. The US did the same thing under Clinton.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

The Canadian dollar has actually been worth more than an American dollar many times in the last 5 years

If it was based off an American dollar why would that be the case? Currently 1 canadian dollar is the same as 1 us dollar in value. Our dollar is Also a "fiat" dollar, gaining most of it's value from our economy, as well as the people's faith in that dollar.

The more our dollar is traded, the more it's worth.

i say the real underlying reason for the C$ being valued at $1.05 USD is because of the resources youse have on and under the ground

Forex trading is based on something other than the pretty graphics on the paper fiat bills
edit on 10-2-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hmmmbeer

Interesting perspective. I think it all depends who is in control and what their policy/agenda is to deal with the collapse. I suspect tho, unfortunately, that the same idiotic mentality will be in place and more desperate/inneffective measures will be taken.

The only scenario I see where your ideas will become reality is one where the people rise up en-masse and refuse to settle for anything less than a fair, intelligent and equitable distribution of wealth. Have you walked the streets or been to the mall lately? Based on what I see in people these days the only marching you will see is for food/money/materialism. People are addicted to the culture that is in place and part of the doom that is eminent.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

The perfect storm.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

OUCH,hey ladY would you like some Aloe Vera with that ? You just got burned !

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Maybe you could get an alias and discuss then? That's what we are all (most) here for.

I am not picking up what you are laying down regarding the gold. Then again, I have no gold or funds for it - so does it really matter to a single mother trying to just survive in this reality. Hate to fathom what I will need to do if the next is a collapse.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

Purchasing Gold as I see it is to hedge against the dollar losing value. Historically gold maintans or grows in value when currency that isnt backed by it gets devalued. So if the dollar drops to a value of 25cents (relatively speaking), the dollars worth of gold you bought before the dollar dropped in value is expected to still be worth at least a dollar in purchasing power. So instead of using 4 one dollar bills to buy a bottled water, you could theoretically use that gold.

I am not a financial expert so please, do your homework on whether dumping dollars for gold is a good idea.

Now, if you dont have money for gold, which currently sells for about $1,650.00 per ounce, your best bet is to:

A) learn what plants around you that grow wild are edible and how to prepare them
B) Go camping. Experience living outdoors. Make it fun. Take the kids. Accept and embrace living close to nature
C) Learn how to defend yourself and teach your children the same. This can also be made into a type of physical excercise routine
D) see if there are others around you that share concern about surviving a financial collapse. Band together with them as part of your plan. Strength is in numbers. You will want people that have sakills to offer in return for something you can provide.

If you werent looking for any of this advice I apologize but from your post thats what I understand you were looking for. If I can help further send me a private message and we can take this offline.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Ya, a couple of times during the interview sh looks somewhat stunned...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

It would be better if he didn't sound like a stoner and look a bit sh$%tfaced. It's also unfortunate he didn't back up a lot of what he was saying. Most of it was opinion, which I guess is what he was invited there for, his opinion, but it would have been nice if he was able to use hard numbers to back up his argument.

Many of us feel exactly as he does, that the nation, the economy and the global financial institution is melting down, but someone needs to make a concrete case with hard data that can't be refuted or passed off as conjecture.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
How much time to we have before a full blown dollar and economic collapse here in U.S. ?

What's your guys take?

I say a potential collapse of the dollar between 4/1/13-9/1/13. USD/EUR paired price charts provide a great sight to the spiral... Everyone is dumping their holdings... And all crashes are overnight, just like 2008. So there will probably be a few more price peaks followed by 'The Collapse'.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
There's really only one answer if there is a global economic collapse. Game over, turn in your game pieces, start the game over and institute global loan forgiveness. There will be some winners and losers, but there really is no other choice.

If the governments of the world sit on their hands after a global collapse and think they can fix the enormous mountain of debt while people of the world go into total anarchy, they're cooking their own goose. Nobody will survive the onslaught of people who will storm government buildings and private civilian homes. The military won't be paid, and the governments of the world will lose all control.

It's really a no win situation. Unless government representatives meet at a world summit and discuss the implementation of loan forgiveness and establish strict government guidelines for future government spending, the world will cease to exist the way we know it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

A new currency perhaps?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
There's really only one answer if there is a global economic collapse. Game over, turn in your game pieces, start the game over and institute global loan forgiveness. There will be some winners and losers, but there really is no other choice.

If the governments of the world sit on their hands after a global collapse and think they can fix the enormous mountain of debt while people of the world go into total anarchy, they're cooking their own goose. Nobody will survive the onslaught of people who will storm government buildings and private civilian homes. The military won't be paid, and the governments of the world will lose all control.

It's really a no win situation. Unless government representatives meet at a world summit and discuss the implementation of loan forgiveness and establish strict government guidelines for future government spending, the world will cease to exist the way we know it.

I hope you are right. It will be interesting to watch how the banks and affluent people react.

I remember 1st quarter of last year how the International Swaps and Derivitives Association (ISDA) reacted to the Credit default Swaps (CDS) payments coming due for Greece. Greece absolutely did go into default and a big emergency hearing was held to figure out what to do about payments due to those who bet that the default would happen. The ISDA did not have the $172 Billion dollars that was due. Did they payback the debt or at least schedule some way to pay it back?(right thing to do). No. They They decided that a default had not happened.. This was criminal yet you probably never even heard about it.

Not sure they can do that with this issue as there is no way to wipe out debt without anyone knowing.

On the edge of my seat.... Popcorn anyone?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonLover

Originally posted by dominicus
How much time to we have before a full blown dollar and economic collapse here in U.S. ?

What's your guys take?

I say a potential collapse of the dollar between 4/1/13-9/1/13. USD/EUR paired price charts provide a great sight to the spiral... Everyone is dumping their holdings... And all crashes are overnight, just like 2008. So there will probably be a few more price peaks followed by 'The Collapse'.

I'm expecting the end of one of this years quarters. Thats when numbers come in and most of the truth is bared. This first quarter is key as you have this issue and the budget creating real tension.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Since when is Cambridge House Live the mainstream media? It hardly shows up in any search function but appears to be the in-house production of an investment seminar that includes doomer silver and gold buffs. Someone correct me I'm wrong on that.

edit on 10-2-2013 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join