It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk of USA collapse going mainstream!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

"As these nations collapse they always try to take as much as they can from their tax slaves."

That is exactly what is happening.

wow. Obamacare. Obama the king of taxation, very important statement.

I fear that much more oppresive things are coming. Mass unemployment, food/water shortages and war. The days are coming when you will wish that "ObamaCare" (another slogan that has been used to distract us) is all you will need to be worried about. These are the good ole days my friend. Walk away from blaming politicians and start bracing yourself for whats coming...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lynxpilot

The whole thing has to be by design. The fed chief and his board can't possibly be so stupid that they don't see the light in the tunnel

That is the conclusion I have come to, I have always wondered why Bush has remained so silent with all that is happening in Washington now, he is in on it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
I fear that much more oppresive things are coming. Mass unemployment, food/water shortages and war. The days are coming when you will wish that "ObamaCare" (another slogan that has been used to distract us) is all you will need to be worried about. These are the good ole days my friend. Walk away from blaming politicians and start bracing yourself for whats coming...

We have so much waste of food and water... they won't be in shortages for years to come, if ever. These kinds of things can't happen barring a collapse of the ecology. It seems we still have at least a decade before something of that magnitude comes around. It could take 50 years, or 5. Nobody, not even the best climatologists, seem to be all too certain.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard

"As these nations collapse they always try to take as much as they can from their tax slaves."

That is exactly what is happening.

wow. Obamacare. Obama the king of taxation, very important statement.

I was using that as an example of taxation, was it really designed to get more out of the tax payer, it appears so.

I have so cut back on everything, don't drive, I don't shop, few groceries, I told my husband what are they expecting of us, like everyone keeps saying it is unsustainable.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The collapse is coming and the ptb know it, which is why they're buying all the ammo they can.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

collapse of the ecology

The Midwest has been in a drought for months, no water equals no food, Mississippi is drying up, it wouldn't take much to tip us over the edge.

Pray for rain.

edit on 022828p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

I expect more focus on controlling the internet to pop up from Govt. This will be fueled by lobbying and the promise of campaign contributions. We will get more and more distractions in an attempt to keep us from realizing whats going on. Much like the colosseum in Roman times.

Another parralell to The fall of Rome is our coinage. In Roman times they had silver coins. Pure silver coins. By the end of the empire they coins were acually silver plated copper. We cant even afford to use copper! Our coins that used to be silver are now copper and zinc with a fraction of the silver content they used to have. And our pennies arent copper anymore. I just bought old silver quarters and one silver quarter (90%) costs about $5.50.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Just wish I didnt have to think of heading for the hills. I live in a very heavily populated metropolitan area. There was a water main break in the area a few years ago and fights actually broke out in the grocery store over bottled water. When the SHTF, it's going to be very messy. Water main breaks and electrical outages will last much much longer if they are addressed at all. Govt funding for maintaining these services as well as garbage collection and sewage will be serious issues. I dont like to think about it but I have a family that depends on me.

Seriously, it's a perfect storm. you have economic collapse, more extreme weather, dwindling natural resources and incoherent government. This is really a scary thing to think about.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sasqwatcher
The collapse is coming and the ptb know it, which is why they're buying all the ammo they can.

I've tried to follow the gun debate but really theres alot of hype. Really waiting to hear them talk about limiting ammo. That will be a sure sign they are worried about anarchy. virtually everyone I know has guns. No sense in trying to disarm the population. The obvious tact would be to limit ammunition.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Exactly right. For goodness sakes, there was a shortage of chicken wings for the super bowl (another big distraction) this year! I'd LOL if it wasnt so depressing.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
How much time to we have before a full blown dollar and economic collapse here in U.S. ?

What's your guys take?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

reply to post by nomnom

collapse of the ecology

The Midwest has been in a drought for months, no water equals no food, Mississippi is drying up, it wouldn't take much to tip us over the edge.

Pray for rain.

Seriously, just think of how much waste is out there in non-essential water and food. How many people are obese or overweight? How many people throw away their left overs? How much water is used to keep the lawns green? We're not even to the point of rationing. We export more of select grains than any other nation.

We're very, very far from food or water shortages, despite what the fear-mongers would have you believe.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
How much time to we have before a full blown dollar and economic collapse here in U.S. ?

What's your guys take?

According to Jim Sinclair there will be a big move in gold prices by the end of this quarter. Not much into setting dates but gold is an indicator. We already read about Germany re-patriating thier gold and other countries expanding their acquisition of it. These are signs somethings up.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yes, distractions abound. Regulating the internet is already done by focusing people's searches through google. It will get worse. People will deviate as it becomes more ridiculous.

Yes, resources are becoming more scarce, and the USD value is in decline. So what? We will go all digital soon enough, and flip into a new currency, else devalue, when it makes most sense. All these talks of hyperinflation are way, way overblown. If the US experiences hyperinflation, the rate will be less than in many other countries.

Compared to what/whom

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Well if the 2-3 year prediction is true there may not be another election. Freaking myself out now...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

I do wonder if it's possible to follow the model. They kicked out the bankers, refused to force their citizens to pay for banker induced debt (took it to intl court and wone a couple of weeks ago BTW ). The bankers and Wall Street will fight this.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Iceland has a population of 319,000, we have over 319 million.

The dynamics involved in a country with 1000x less population is quite different.

To put it simply: maybe, but probably not.

You can't push that red button in Iceland. You can in the US.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I think the nail in the coffin happened with the FED's QEI action. Since ... 2008ish the U.S. leverage ratio of GDP to debt has been at ~ 3.5 to 1, where it had historically sat at ~ 1.5 to 1. And the question is this: what does that mean? I can't answer that question. All I feel confident in saying is that the current ratio is not a positive indicator or signal for economic growth.

The DOJ's legal action against Standard & Poor is another signal worth paying attention to. Seems to me there are folks doing their damnedest to align the stars.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Kovenov because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

BTW, I saw the post on Dr Carson. Wish he had brought out more of the issues. Might as well include it here. Please note the distraction of the video poster using blame on Obama. I do not support any politician but they all get us pointing fingers. Very effective but simply a tactical manuever..

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Sadly, many Americans aren't just passengers in the vehicle heading over the cliff, many are active participants!

and some have their fingers on the button for a nitrous oxide boost to the fuel lines.

(Source is lost to memory and fast material building to the elections... It's around the net and pretty much accurate to dry budget numbers, IMO)

Poor kids....

Now I know what my Dad was talking about in his last few years when he'd say it wasn't his problem since he wouldn't be around long enough for the worst. Indeed... That's true for many of us, huh? The most passionate about making this debt are the ones likely to suffer the worst on the installment plan of doom it creates.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join