learn more

Talk of USA collapse going mainstream!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Certainly ammo will be of very high value. Even now it's more valuable than ever, short of instances when we were in massive wars.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
My personal opinion on this USA collapsing / World economic collapse is that it is somewhat inevitable. With population skyrocketing like it has, it seems the new interest in the world is who has the most people. Not a single country can sustain the consumerism their population demands, and that is simply because of the people themselves. People in general need to start contributing more, and move away from the capitalism that has over run the entire world. Instead of the mindset of going to work your 6-16 hours a day, think outside the box and ask yourself how can YOU make a change. As insignificant as it may seem, take up gardening as a hobby, and get your vegetables from your own yard instead of from the store.

Many people fear the incoming collapse of world economy (not just the USA) and have been taking preparations to ensure their survival, well I hate to tell you, its not going to happen. Start using your prepped items before they expire. The masses lately seem to feed on a global collapse happening, and well last I checked around, everyone is just fine. There is overpopulation in certain areas, which disease and famine helps to control. There is war and desperation as well, which slowly will also resolve itself. This is the time that we as a common species (HUMANS) need to start seeking each other for our personal abilities.

What I'm leading to with this is either population control, or terraforming. We have the power to do either, it is simply up to the population ourselves to demand one or the other. Earth can only sustain so many humans. We are a burden on the planet, and it shows. Over population is the one and ONLY thing that will be the downfall of humans. If we want to continue to grow in numbers as we have, we really have to do it somewhere else.

The fall of America, or any super nation for that matter will only result in global crisis. Only thing though, as everyone knows, America is the worlds bread basket. Take away food from people and within days you have chaos. The entire world knows how much food is produced and exported from the US, and that is the one thing that will keep any ridiculous conspiracies of the dollar collapse or the USA collapse from happening. Plain and simple if it came down to world turmoil, the US could cut off ALL food exports and keep its population fed AND defended. No other country could.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
She states that it is a 'very extreme belief' that the US government would simply take the natural resources of Canada............ But isn't that what usually do and always have done under some BS disguise that we seem to be able to see more clearly these days.

I cite:

The deal between the Saudis and other neighboring countries for oil for the first 59 years..... That was appalling stuff, then we have the Soviet Union collapse and the sudden emergence of American oil companies in Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan etc, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Iran is coming and the list could go on and on.

They might not take it in layman's terms, but they DO take it.

The reporter is naive and biased...... As she is paid to be.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
We all are crumbling right now, and when the dust is still in the air, we are dusting our body with it like an idiot...the same element that once upon a time created the body... right is wrong, wrong is right..and all the heroes are six feet under.
edit on 12-2-2013 by uthu74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Well, you voted for it. Change. Well, you got change. The destruction of America is key to the NWO. You elected the man that wants to see it through. He plays golf and parties with Hollywood stars while Rome burns. The thugs are looting America right now. No budget? They can't loot if there's a budget. Only a miracle will save America and the rest of the world will fall like domino's when it does. The Treyvon Martin case is taking longer than i would think it should. Could that case be a trigger? Riots? No doubt.

It is quite easy to place the blame for this on the sitting president, however I think you will find that the major cause for this does not lie with one particular camp, it was Woodrow Wilson who brought in the federal reserve act, federal trade commission, and income tax, and whilst he was a Democrat the real boom and bust economics start when Regan deregulated the banks back in the 80's and he was strictly a Republican. The deregulation of the banks brought about by Regan in America and Thatcher in the UK is what has totally destroyed both economies and both were very right wing.

Besides its all a stage play, doesn't matter who gets elected, the policies that follow the election are all brought about the same, you're watching the puppets not the directors. while you continue to joining one side over the other you are still being controlled, still blinded to the real issues. Their motto has always been devide and conquor, because it continues to work. We as a people need to stop bickering amongst ourselves and deal with the real issues.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by nomnom

I keep hearing 2 to 3 years in the mainstream media but I'm pretty sure thats the point where it's no longer safe. The real decline is in process. Like a train wreck in slow motion.

I think your right. We may be in the final 18 months of security! I see it happening before my eyes! Food, fuel and medical costs going through the roof! How long before the average person can no longer afford any of these soon to be luxuries? Though I suspected an economic collapse in 2010! After that did'nt happen I was'nt sure if it would ever happen! Not that I want it to. It's just that I want to know when it's coming, though I suspect none of us 99 percenters will have a clue when until it's happening! Maybe those of us who are well informed will see it for what it is even what the majority of the masses is believing the BS being spewed by the state and the media but how much of a head start will this really give us a month, week or several days perhaps? Now I see everything about to come to a head! It seems like reality is turning into some really bad apocolyptic sci-fi
movie! our oceans being destroyed, forests and species decimated, food supplies genetically engineered, weather out of control, resource wars raging, democracy being eliminated, materialism running rampant and people have forgotten what's important in life! Do we deserve what's coming? I don't know amymore. Maybe we do! Maybe it's time humanity was humbled cause our arrogance is destroying our environment! I wonder if we will become penitent in those final hours?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

I was looking for every word.
Thanks. I am just a mere naked sheep and morphing into a Ram so to speak.

I appreciate your further input and fore thought.

S-
edit on 12-2-2013 by mcsandy because: finger brain thing

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The collapse may or may not come but it is prudent to be prepared. Assess your skills, what you're good at and those with you as your fallback group.

Or this may just means a drop of living standard everyone been taking for granted.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

ironically, I just finished doing a study, on the roman empire, there are some very interesting simularities between western civilization now and the decline of the roman empire ending the classical Antiquity, this is a correlation, you see the rulers of rome senators Caesars etc, saw it coming, tried to warn its citizens of what was coming and called for restraint on spending on luxury etc, saving of danari etc. The people refused to do so, they were set in lavish ways, drinking wine crapping themselves etc. etc.

So they kept spending.....

and kept spending.... Standards were lowered.... Well anyhow there is enough information on the internet library, etc, to explain this better...

I think the psychology is what was a big part of Rome's demise.. They did not want to spend less on splendor, or WORK, when they had the chance to try and stop the demise...

Archaeological have dug up signs with government announcements that prove they were trying to cut back on the bread and gladiator fights, etc, etc, and the people would not allow such actions.. etc. etc.

Just like today, the only way to pay off our Debt here in the states is to raise the taxes and put everyone to work, and pretty much just put all of our earning into our deficit I assure you, the people of AMERICA will not do that..

So indeed, it is just a matter of time...

No matter what our leaders say...

edit on 12-2-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KnowledgeSeeker81

I agree with almost everything. We are the bread basket but we are not the energy basket.
I think we will go to war first. Chaos would result in food shortages but you have to have gas and oil to transport it and to actually grow it. So your logic does not cover the whole real scene.
edit on 13-2-2013 by KoolerKing because: typo

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Good thread!

However there are a few things some folks seem to be saying that isn't right.

For starters, this isn't Obama's fault (not that he's really helping either). This whole imminent collapse and the current state of the economy and we got here goes back much further. It goes back to deregulation, name interpretations of the Glass-Steagall Act. Have a read good read of it folks. We're talking about decisions being made over decades, not the last 5 years.

en.wikipedia.org...

This outlines an aspect of the slow demise in stunning detail. There are other considerations as people have said and the OP's video. Gold being the main one obviously.

What should suggest to folks that the fall of the US was brought about by much more than just the current presidents admin, is the way in which other systems have failed, and the timing. It is drawn out over decades. Usually with collapse we can also associate with it, revolution!

So I'll go through a few briefly (which I'm sure some other members would know more about than myself):

French revolution:
Series of wars depleted the royal purse. serfs got pissed off about not having freedom, not being able to own land, being beholden to the bourgeoisie and at their mercy. They were upset about the tithe, the lavish lifestyle of Louis et al but most importantly they didn't have enough food. FOOD! A lot of it paid to the church.

Let's equate that to today. The purse is depleted, funnily enough in part by wars. You yanks are always banging on about freedom, owning land is becoming increasingly difficult (and mortgages.. do we own it?), we are working for fat cats (are we serfs?). Do our overlords live much better than we do? and the big one.. do we have enough food. FOOD! well the US does have enough food, it is just how it distributed, or how many people have proper access.

Next up I'll go through the Russian revolution.. don't have time now.. but it looks awfully similar let me tell you.

edi: Oh and you guys calling for collapse should be doing one more thing.. calling for revolution! or at least be excited about it. It'll be fun.

edit on 13-2-2013 by spoogemonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KnowledgeSeeker81

What gets me is how quiet it is. You'd think that if the worse was about to happen that there would be more activity, more anxious people, massive protests. Are people really that asleep or is the situation not as serious as it appears?

I have absolutely no faith that government officials have the wear with all to make things better but maybe I'm just being negative...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

Whats really perverted about our financial sytem is how investors make money from debt. Theres also the crazy idea to invest in prison systems. In order for that particular investment to produce profit you need to maintain a prison population and cut as many corners as possible to make money. Really makes it tempting to lobby for laws that get folks locked up even if it is for stupid stuff. Also makes it profitable to support policy's that inhibit crime prevention.

Its a sick society.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Plain and simple if it came down to world turmoil, the US could cut off ALL food exports and keep its population fed AND defended. No other country could.

hrmm.. are you sure? looks to me like you couldn't. If oil dried up in terms of importation (US being a net importer), you'd have no way of satisfying the fuel requirements regarding domestic logistics. It'd have to be local produce upon which you'd rely, and that current infrastructure isn't built for such a scenario (nor is it in most places internationally). There'd be a shock.. much like the oil shock in the 70's ironically enough.

Remember the US is a (if not the) major proponent of globalisation (read unfair trade agreements) most likely for this very reason.

Are you right? well with so much food, and so many people after it (and failing to get it properly), are you blaming excessive exportation of agricultural produce as the reason? even currently?

The problem is deeper.. much much deeper.. in fact it's domestic.. that's how deep it is.

As to defense, sure... but what does that need? oil? then how will it distribute food domestically seeing that the track record is rather poor, even in good times? It truly is finite. You simply won't be able to.

Carry on American.

I reject that part of your argument. But I agree with some of your other points.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I was going through some old pictures of mine and found some that I completely forgot about; they have somewhat to do with the collapse of the USA and the interesting part is it came from Obama himself.

please excuse the sizes:

I had another one about the whole gun control but I can not seem to find it.

The last picture is the one that can really relate to this topic.

It just seems that a lot of people have forgotten the words he said before and now are shocked to what is happening. He laid it out in plain site for us to see, yet some remain blind.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Again Obama is not solely to blame, nor does he deserve much credit at all for where the US stands today. Anyone who has read about collapse would realise it takes decades!!

Let's take a little trip down memory lane and talk about the Russian Revolution (a carry on from my earlier post). Here we're looking at how collapses occur, and their time frame.

The Russian Rev is a lovely revolution as it was so raw. It was about the basics; food, water, land ownership, oppression etc. A famous scene out of the 1925 movie Battleship Potemkin shows a bit of manky off meat being thrown to the sailors.. they weren't impressed. FOOD! (can't stress that enough).

Some interesting dotpoints.

- The scissor effect. Rapid industrialisation led to swelling cities, when that got bad, folks went back to farms.
- Effect of wars. not just WW1, but also the ones prior. A massive drain on resources
- Discontent.. huge discontent.

Let's briefly equate all that to today.

FOOD! yep, that's a problem. Workers being increasingly pissed off, lousy min. wage, benefits? more strikes? are the guys at the top compromising more so for the workers? or for the fat cats? Wars.. obvious. Doesn't look good does it.

The scissor effect and its future role in the coming American 'collapse'.
Food again. Now we all know that there's currently a problem. People can't afford it. A lot of people. Will these people, when (if) the situation degrades further, be able to head back to the farm to grow their own? Nope. Is that a problem? A resounding yes, it will be a problem.. it's going to be a HUGE problem. Would farm owners allow folks, starving folks, to just come in and start tending a little patch of land out of goodwill? maybe.. I would guess no. Would those people actually know how to grow stuff? some maybe.

What's going to lead to the food shortage? oil. It'll run out, and become frightfully expensive. Logistics will break down. Supermarkets will be bare, folks will get crazy, the cities will be nuts. You think your guns will save you? you'll run out of ammo, and have no time to make more.. they'll be coming for you, and anything you have. All social constructs will be melting away. Why am I so apocalyptic? The sheer number of people in some places, and what those people are used to will be scarce (some threads here already suggest people have witnessed a mild version of this). In third world countries today, they are far better equipped to live in a state of subsistence.. Is a first world country? not a chance. The issue here is stability, or volatility.

Of course I'm speculating and I don't mean to scare the children, but FOOD is historically the reason for collapse. You are not Rome, you are France, you are China, you are Russia. The writing is on the wall, people are starting to go hungry.. what happens when folks get really hungry? I guess we're going to find out.. again.

edit on 14-2-2013 by spoogemonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Gold appears to be popular. Interesting.

FRANKFURT (MarketWatch) -- The world s central banks last year bought 534.6 tons of gold in 2012, the most since 1964, as global gold demand hit a record value level, the World Gold Council said Thursday in a quarterly report. Purchases by central banks for the full year rose 17% compared with 2011, while fourth-quarter purchases of 145 tons marked a 29% rise from the same period a year earlier. "Central banks move from net sellers of gold to net buyers that we have seen in recent years has continued apace," with official sector purchases across the world now at their highest level for almost half a century, said Marcus Grubb, managing director for investment at the World Gold Council. In value terms, total gold demand in 2012 was $236.4 billion, an all-time high, the council said.

SOURCE

AND...

Over the last decade Russia’s Central Bank acquired 570 metric tonnes of gold. The amount is almost triple the weight of the American Statue of Liberty and makes Russia the world’s biggest buyer of gold. The amount is a qurter more than runner-up China, Bloomberg reported on Monday.

Countries like Russia and China use such stockpiles as an economic buffer against another wave of economic crisis or US dollar devaluation, as both remain weary of the US Federal Reserve’s stability and prefer to edge their bets on gold. 
It’s also proven a sound investment and opportunity for the Russian state to make money, with gold prices crawling upwards over the past 12 years, gaining 12% in 2012 alone.  On Monday gold traded at $1650 per ounce and analysts expect the price to keep growing in 2013 to reach $1825 by the end of the year. However French investment bank Natixis dampened the outlook by forecasting a drop in price to $1500 by 2014, Finmarket.ru reports. 

SOURCE

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

ironically, I just finished doing a study, on the roman empire, there are some very interesting simularities between western civilization now and the decline of the roman empire ending the classical Antiquity, this is a correlation, you see the rulers of rome senators Caesars etc, saw it coming, tried to warn its citizens of what was coming and called for restraint on spending on luxury etc, saving of danari etc. The people refused to do so, they were set in lavish ways, drinking wine crapping themselves etc. etc.

So they kept spending.....

and kept spending.... Standards were lowered.... Well anyhow there is enough information on the internet library, etc, to explain this better...

I think the psychology is what was a big part of Rome's demise.. They did not want to spend less on splendor, or WORK, when they had the chance to try and stop the demise...

Archaeological have dug up signs with government announcements that prove they were trying to cut back on the bread and gladiator fights, etc, etc, and the people would not allow such actions.. etc. etc.

Just like today, the only way to pay off our Debt here in the states is to raise the taxes and put everyone to work, and pretty much just put all of our earning into our deficit I assure you, the people of AMERICA will not do that..

So indeed, it is just a matter of time...

No matter what our leaders say...

edit on 12-2-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

It's like the old saying: "Those who dont learned from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them."

Almost like the fall of the Roman empire isa script forwhats happening to the US. Freaky....

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
USAA Advice

For those who aren't familiar with USAA, they are a very large insurance and investment corporation that at one time only served military officers, but if I'm not mistaken have expanded to enlisted personnel as well. I used them for auto and renter's insurance when I was active duty but have since switched.

In any event, although I first noticed this on infowars.com (OK, OK, I'm a conspiracy nut), I had to check USAA to see if the implications were correct. Sure enough.

So what are the implications?

1. A MAJOR investment firm suspects an economic collapse that will be to such a degree that people on the federal payroll, including retirees (me) could very well lose their paycheck in the very near future.

2. What do you invest in? mutual funds? gold? cash under your mattress? If you can't put food on your plate, you still can't eat precious metals, cash (in the form of US dollars) will be worthless, any stock market-based funds will become worthless, so what do you stockpile?

3. The federal government, through the FDA, USDA, and other programs has both monitored and taken control of vital foodstuff industries including agricultural census (7 USC 2204g), Monsanto monopolization of the seed industry, Cargill monopolization of beef, controls on "organic" ceritification, controls on "free range" labeling, controls on production of raw milk and other dairy products, controls on canning and processing of meats for resale, and the list goes on. You thought a gun-grab was bad, wait for the food-grab if you're farming a few acres of crops or cattle.

4. Even if things are so bad that the government collapses and can't pay retired military veterans, do you think they will lay off the FBI? the CIA? USDA? FDA? NERC/FERC? Rest assured that while the government's irresponsible handling of their own finances leads to collapse, the entities that keep control in their hands will endure.

5. If I'm paying my mortgage with my retirement check, and the check stops, will my lender still be around to foreclose on me? You betcha! Many of them have been bailed out on our tax dollars, but when the tables are turned, guess what's going to happen. If you didn't believe in the conspiracies before about the world being controlled by the banks, just watch the next 6 months.

6. Estimates show food prices doubling in the next 3 months. This may just be the chicken crying the sky is falling, but we'll see.

I'd guess that it's pretty important to have a few things ready to go, those being a means of growing your own food, a means of preserving it for the winter, and weapons to defend it.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It is getting pretty obvious that we have set ourselves up for a massive cliff dive. Seems like people in the know like wall street insiders and hedge fund managers might know something is up. They are selling massinve amounts of shares in their own companies. There was even a quote, I apologize for not having the link, but it stated the insiders have had an uncanny ability to predict the direction of the markets lately. HA. Maybe because it is all set up to take from the poor and give to the rich. Why are the markets at all time highs right now?????? The waters fine, hop right in, chomp, you're broke.

At the very least if (or when) there is a massive collapse then people may be awake to the fact they have lived their lives in the pursuit of a little piece of paper that is actually kind of worthless. Then maybe we can return to a lifestyle of caring for ourselves and others, by creating a sense of community to provide instead of trying to figure out how to extract a dollar from your neighbor. I'll take Cooperations over Corporations any day.

Much Love

AWA

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join