learn more

Talk of USA collapse going mainstream!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by chisisiCoptos
All this talk of the US collapse is bull****! Just to many people from other countries jealous of our powerful military might and power. Even if we did have a small economic collapse it would not affect our military and power because they are on other separate budgets. Sorry folks, us civilians may have some hard times but GOD Bless The United States Military!!!!!!!

One more thing. Have you been following the news? If you have then you would understand the dramatic cuts in funding that our military is facing. Leon Panetta has been issuing statements that are basically begging for congress to do something so the automatic defense cuts dont kick in. Last week, in anticipation of this it was announced that there would be no pay raise for the military this year. Thats the first time I've ever heard that and I am retired Army so I know.

If you are truly patriotic then you should be outraged at what has happened to your "God Blessed United States Military!!!!!"

It's all an illusion my friend (patriotism these days) It used to mean something but even great generals have admitted that they are mere hitmen for corporations. They even attempted to use the military to overthrow our government and very little was ever said about it:

So yes, god bless 'em. But understand that they are used everyday as a tool by those with money.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-2-2013 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by byGRACE
Brought to you by progressive investors, your watching an infomercial.

Please dont shoot the messenger.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

Himmm, "proactive investors" is warning us of the coming destruction, I am sure out of the goodness of their hearts. Ever notice the people who are always talking about a meltdown are ALWAYS selling something, be it a book, precious metals etc? I am not saying the economy is doing well, but these people are just trying to scare people into buying something. And rest assured, if there IS a meltdown, it wont be precious metals that will be currency, it will be food, medicine, and anything you cant buy anymore. If you want to cash in on the "coming crash", I suggest you invest in canned goods and over the counter medicines instead of gold.
edit on 11-2-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Please, do your homework. Do you read the financials? Do you understand basic accounting? We owe more in bills than we collect in revenue. It's that simple. The scary part is the numbers we are talking about. Do your research and you will find that with the size of the debt, and the compounding interest on that debt, it is mathematically impossible for us to pay it off.

The dollar is in decline meaning you are probably paying more for basic goods and services. Unless we fix it, this growth in cost to you will continue to climb to a point where you wont be able to provide food and shelter for the ones you care about... or yourself.

I've done my homework. I read the financials. I shake my head everyday wondering how it could have gotten this bad. Sad thing is, they govt isnt fixing it, it's making it worse. In 2008 the GAO estimated that with the proper steps taken, we could turn this around in a couple of DECADES. And all we would suffer is something just shy of a DEPRESSION. That was when the debt was 4 trillion. It is now 16 TRILLION. So please, look it all up and share what you learn. I really like hearing ideas on how to weather the storm or even fantasy on how we could fix it. I mean even the government has run out of ideas...

Thanks for your contribution

PLEASE. . .your response is the exact response I've been getting for five years now, and yet NOTHING HAPPENS. You are overreacting, but I'd expect your response to be this. You have a lot of time invested in "researching" and dont want to see your hard work go for nothing. . .so, the collapse HAS to happen for you to feel good about yourself.

Yet you all are full of BS.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

That is not what I was intending, not at all. My apologies if I came off that way.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by XalienagendaX

I feel fine about myself. Only posted a handful of times oner the last 3 years. My only agenda is to spread awareness but if you actually followed the discussion you would know that. I used to post responses like you have, usually to demean someone else for thinking something was true that I saw a BS. If you look me up you may find a few of these under topics like chemtrails. I've come to the realization that doing that served no purpose. I started engaging folks in discussion to prove my point instead of forcing it on them. It is much more rewarding to open someones eyes and then again, have your own eyes opened is pretty amazing as well.

The fact that you responded again with little substance leads me to beleive you have not much more than a feeling about the state of the economy. Your assertion that people have talked about it for years and nothing has happened makes it sound like at some point you bought into it and now perhaps you feel like you were taken for a fool. Thats understandable. I thought (half hoped/half believed) that 2012 would be some kind of turning point. It wasnt until 6 months bfore it happened that I understood that I was more than likely mistaken and had been taken for a ride.

Since 2001 I saw what was happening to the budget surplus (or supposed surplus). It really bothered me but I just kept reading the news and hoping. The events since then have culminated in this post. THis is not about conspiracy. It's about what is happening to our economy. If thisthread gts just one person to write his representative, march in protest, stop giving money to corporations or to take some other action it's been worth it.

There are 12 pages to the thread and many responses. Of those you are one out of a handful (5 or less) that had nothing to offer but comments like "this is BS". You my freind, are in the minority. I dont know anybody that isnt aware of this issue and I dont know anybody on ATS. Everything I've talked about is common knowledge and most are worried that its gone too far. Again, I am afraid, you are in the minority.

Please, if you can offer something more substantive than "this is BS" please do so. I dont care if it is a series of impressions or feelings or if you site links, references or videos. Anything is better than what you've offered.

So, what do you think about the economy? Is there an aspect of it that gives you hope?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Not months--years. Only in the last three years has it gotten so bad crops will not even sprout. Even the weeds are dead.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by byGRACE

That is not what I was intending, not at all. My apologies if I came off that way.

No problem. It's just that others posted words to the affect that there was something wrong with the video. When you take time to really think about this stuff, it becomes pretty clear there are serious problems withthe economy. The giy could have been dressed like Donald Duck for all I care. The point was that you are starting to hear this stuff on media other than conspiracy forums. I read it in financial rags and newspapers nowadays. They cant not report on it anymore. I fully expect this to start being reported on more openly.

It's been cathartic responding to comments. I appreciate any feedback I can get as long as it has substance. Talk me down please! I would love to know where I've been fed disinformation. So far I'm pretty sure of my POV but I'm alaways open to other points of view!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011

Himmm, "proactive investors" is warning us of the coming destruction, I am sure out of the goodness of their hearts. Ever notice the people who are always talking about a meltdown are ALWAYS selling something, be it a book, precious metals etc? I am not saying the economy is doing well, but these people are just trying to scare people into buying something. And rest assured, if there IS a meltdown, it wont be precious metals that will be currency, it will be food, medicine, and anything you cant buy anymore. If you want to cash in on the "coming crash", I suggest you invest in canned goods and over the counter medicines instead of gold.
edit on 11-2-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

Shooting the messenger doesnt make this go away. Or am I missing something? Do you have hope that this can be resolved somehow?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

There's no way Obama will overturn the 22nd amendment. Barring a world war, the likes of which prolonged FDR's presidency into a third term, Obama will be out of office in January of 2017 (isn't it just weird saying 2017? :roll

However, I'm FOR the continued US dominance of the seas. It's seems these morons who hate America and would love to see it collapse don't understand the dynamics of power politics. Who's likely to fill the power vacuum? China, Russia, India, Brazil, Turkey. China and Russia are autocratic countries.

You would have to be borderline retarded to think China or Russia as the global hegemon would be preferable to America. Simply look at the differences domestically between China and America (one is a totalitarian autocracy, while the latter is a liberal democracy) to get an idea how China would act in it's foreign relations. Or, if you prefer, look at the history of the Soviet Union.

The collapse of communism was an amazing occurrence. It was a true moral victory for not just America, but for the liberal world order America spearheaded.

Utopian ideologies always end up in mass murder. The Nazis, the Communists, the imperial Japanese, all had utopian ideas of various shades: racial (Nazis and Imperial Japan) and economic (the have not verse the haves). They both murdered massive numbers of people trying to enact their world transforming doctrines.

Thankfully, there are great intellectuals in our country who have jettisoned the insanity of Utopia. We have to have more moderate and realistic goals for ourselves and the world. But those on the radical left perhaps still feel like statisticians who see things in a manichean black and white: those who dare to dream and the others. We are mere numbers after that. Numbers that need to be deleted from the world fact book.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Sorry but this guy has absolutely no credibility. He seems more interested in setting up his anarchist weed farm in South America than doing serious investing in metals.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Albastion
Sorry but this guy has absolutely no credibility. He seems more interested in setting up his anarchist weed farm in South America than doing serious investing in metals.

So you dont agree that the economy is in serious trouble? Please elaborate.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Cant post this video enough...

The modern day Four Horsemen continue to ride roughshod over the people who can least afford it. Crises are converging when governments, religion and mainstream economists have stalled. 23 international thinkers come together and break their silence about how the world really works and why there is still hope in re-establishing a moral and just society. Four Horsemen is free from mainstream media propaganda, doesn’t bash bankers, criticize politicians or get involved in conspiracy theories. The film ignites the debate about how we usher a new economic paradigm into the world which, globally, would dramatically improve the quality of life for billions.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

A few things:

1. I've heard one of Jeff's talks one of the Cambridge House Conferences in November 2011. One of his top stock picks was Premium Exploration (ca.finance.yahoo.com... and ca.finance.yahoo.com...)

2. This is not ''Main street media'' this is just for Cambridge House's blog.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Hasn't democracy done that when they tried to spread it? Is that not what the image portrayed of Utopia is now? I'm sorry i'm not arguing i'm curious on your thoughts on that.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I can't beleive people actually think a collapse can't/won't happen. Don't listen ONLY to the people selling things - DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!!

You don't just print your way out of $16.5 Trillion in national debt in a fiat currency based system - not a chance. And we will never be able to challenge countries like China for labor/production costs - corporations have shipped much of the US manufacturing industry abroad. Those two facts alone are enough to do it.

The government knows it's coming one way or another, and there any many other factors that could be the final straw. They are just going to prop it up with more QE programs until it runs into the ground.

If you open your eyes and apply a little logic, you will see the truth. Collapse is inevitable unless drastic policy changes are enacted, not sometime in the near future, but immediately. Now does that sound like something our govt. is remotely capable of?

edit on 11-2-2013 by Gtr003121 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
My financial analysis professor said he was projecting financial collapse within the next three years almost exactly 1 year ago. Another prof (partner in a mid-sized firm) said that Goldman Sachs simply saw things as a "crisis in public confidence" so conflicting opinions on financial collapse. Half the time, I think it's a gimmick to get people to buy gold and silver. Aside from that, I don't see this video as being "mainstream" at all.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ok, if this is really happening, what should I do?

should I go down to the bank, withdraw all my funds there and stash it, or what.

I am confuse.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

When the collapse happens, the last thing you want to be holding is currency(fiat). Put your money into things of value. Things ranging from precious metals to food to guns to tradable goods. When the collapse comes you might as well burn that paper money.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gtr003121
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

When the collapse happens, the last thing you want to be holding is currency(fiat). Put your money into things of value. Things ranging from precious metals to food to guns to tradable goods. When the collapse comes you might as well burn that paper money.

Put your money into ammo.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join