It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can somebody explain sychronicity to me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

No, to the contrary it reveals that the universe operates in ways that defy ordinary experience and that instead of a materialist monism (matter alone is primary) it's a monistic idealism (consciousness is primary).

Synchronicities tend to occur when people are undergoing psychic change and transformation.

One could come to that conclusion if he focused and took into account only a few select coincidences while not considering and completely ignoring the unfathomable amount of non-synchronicites that occur day in and day out and time and time again.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by NewAgeMan

No, to the contrary it reveals that the universe operates in ways that defy ordinary experience and that instead of a materialist monism (matter alone is primary) it's a monistic idealism (consciousness is primary).

Synchronicities tend to occur when people are undergoing psychic change and transformation.

One could come to that conclusion if he focused and took into account only a few select coincidences while not considering and completely ignoring the unfathomable amount of non-synchronicites that occur day in and day out and time and time again.

one could also deny the experience and perspective of another simply by stating it as false but we both know that is not the defining truth.

if an individual experiences something and percieves it in a certain manner, how can it be said that experience is false?

I hope befor/if you comment on that you understand how that works both ways...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If you do something that requires focused mental activity output, you'll find there's a certain flow of timing and math that exists which can cause you to catch numbers and such. When I catch a synchronicity I catch a little vibe and thats it, dont let anyone tell you what it is, how would they know anyways. Other day I said ''con trail'' on the phone and saw a plane dropping one at the same time, I knew right then I was level 54 adept chakra blue belt asciended diety.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Don't be surprised when one happens to you, because arguing over synchronicities often produces them as well which is something else that Jung discovered.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nf1del
I have an idea but I'm not quite sure what people are talking about, can you please state examples so I can better understand?

The answer is, it is yourself.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is one experience I had with sychronicity. At work I flicked through the morning paper every day. I was at this place for two years. I was going try out for a job as a bus driver for public transit. The day before I was going to take the test the morning paper had an article about bus drivers being assaulted by the public.It was never in the paper until then. I found it strange. I could write it off as a coincidence or it was it telling me this job was not for me. I took the test but I didnt pass it.
It is being aware.If you just look straight ahead all the time you miss what is to the left,right and behind you. Do you pay attention to it and if not have you kicked yourself for not doing so. In this society we are not taught to follow our gut instincts. Numerous times I have gone against it and paid for it. Will I ever learn?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by 1nf1del

'sychronicity' is when people believe the universe is falling into place just for them. Whether the universe actually gives a damn or not doesn't matter, because these people will believe it no matter what the universe shows to the contrary.

So an update. The reason I started this thread was to get an idea of what synchronicity is to gauge whether or not that is what I was experiencing and having an awakening, at this point the synchronicity happens all day every day to the point it is very hard to ignore the message, I will try to go into a little detail but it is a LOT! I am from Boston originally but have lived in Colorado for the passed 11 years after a breakup in 2002 and have been single since, one of the reasons is I don't connect with women here, I have been on a dating forum for about six years the funny thing is I don't frequent that site for dating, only the political forum, my profile there states that! I told myself a long time ago I wasn't going to actively chase anybody, but if the right woman approached me I might see where it goes. Well about a month ago this woman from that site who I've known about for a year sends me a message and we start chatting, this woman has never had a profile pic on her profile so when I sent her a virtual gift from the site she asked me what gift I wanted in return and for some reason asked her for a pic, well as it turns out this woman has the same features and and skin color as a woman I dream t of about a year ago, here is one of the kickers (there are many), we grew up within 30 miles of each other in Massachusetts and know a lot of the same people but have never met before, neither of us live in that state anymore! More about this to come!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I experience synchronicity a lot in my day to day life.

The more in tune you become with yourself and the flow of life, and the more attention you pay to the more subtle energies around you,the more synchronicity happens.

A good book about it is The Celestine Prophecy.
Although fiction, the story pretty much explains how it works and how to get more of it to happen in your life.

It is aligning yourself with the flow of the universe to find your true purpose in life.
If you allow synchronicity to guide you, it will lead you on the greatest adventures ever, with the most profound learning lessons you can achieve, or at least that is what/how I see it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka
If you do something that requires focused mental activity output, you'll find there's a certain flow of timing and math that exists which can cause you to catch numbers and such. When I catch a synchronicity I catch a little vibe and thats it, dont let anyone tell you what it is, how would they know anyways. Other day I said ''con trail'' on the phone and saw a plane dropping one at the same time, I knew right then I was level 54 adept chakra blue belt asciended diety.

Here is another about this woman, I play an electronic drum kit and wear headphones so nobody hears what I'm playing just a bunch of clacking, one of my favorite songs to play is "Time" by Pink Floyd, my favorite line in that song is "Two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl year after year", I was in a transitional group home in between houses and became friends with some of the people there, one of them Bruce! So I'm talking to my mom about this woman and like clockwork Bruce walks by and says "Two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl year after year" for no reason, I had never talked to him or anyone else in that house about that song let alone my favorite line!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but its sinking