It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can somebody explain sychronicity to me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have an idea but I'm not quite sure what people are talking about, can you please state examples so I can better understand?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

synchronicity   syn·chro·nism [sing-kruh-niz-uhm]
1. coincidence in time; contemporaneousness; simultaneousness.
2. the arrangement or treatment of synchronous things or events in conjunction, as in a history.
3. a tabular arrangement of historical events or personages, grouped according to their dates.
4. Physics, Electricity . the state of being synchronous.
5. Psychoanalysis . the simultaneous occurrence of causally unrelated events and the belief that the simultaneity has meaning beyond mere coincidence.

Dictionary.com

Hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
etherteric entities that are present in most human brains force their subjects to look at their watches and clocks when numbers that are important to their hidden control mechanisms are being displayed.

it is a sure sign of possession, as these entities have the ability to overlap their conciousness with 'yours'.

be strong and sure of yourself, repel these invaders!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by 1nf1del

synchronicity   syn·chro·nism [sing-kruh-niz-uhm]
1. coincidence in time; contemporaneousness; simultaneousness.
2. the arrangement or treatment of synchronous things or events in conjunction, as in a history.
3. a tabular arrangement of historical events or personages, grouped according to their dates.
4. Physics, Electricity . the state of being synchronous.
5. Psychoanalysis . the simultaneous occurrence of causally unrelated events and the belief that the simultaneity has meaning beyond mere coincidence.

Dictionary.com

Hope that helps.

I understand the definition in the dictionary, I'm really trying to find out if what I'm experiencing is considered synchronicity, maybe I should have been a little more clear that I'm not looking for the definition, lately I will explain something to a friend and within 24 hours will find an article online that explains exactly what I was talking about yesterday, maybe I don't fully understand the definition?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

Read Synchronicity: An acausal connecting principle by Jung. Great book!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

'sychronicity' is when people believe the universe is falling into place just for them. Whether the universe actually gives a damn or not doesn't matter, because these people will believe it no matter what the universe shows to the contrary.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by tinhattribunal

What have you been sniffing?

He's talking about Archons.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Say for example you are thinking about your friend that lives many miles away and suddenly the telephone ring's..........it's your friend!!! This is synchronicity.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkYogi
Say for example you are thinking about your friend that lives many miles away and suddenly the telephone ring's..........it's your friend!!! This is synchronicity.

This is what I'm looking for, examples, thank you!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Its a song by the Police. They even made Synchronicity II.

Pretty good songs I might add.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Believe it or not i am sitting with a book about synchronicity right beside me. I took it out the other night to read but haven't got around to it yet. I will give you some story's from it.

The book is called Beyond Coincidence by Martin Plimmer and Brian King.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Three Englishmen were the only occupant's of a carriage on a train through Peru in the 1920's. Their names were Bingham, Powell and Bingham-Powell.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Believe it or not i am sitting with a book about synchronicity right beside me. I took it out the other night to read but haven't got around to it yet. I will give you some story's from it.

The book is called Beyond Coincidence by Martin Plimmer and Brian King.

That would be awesome, again thank you!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Three Englishmen were the only occupant's of a carriage on a train through Peru in the 1920's. Their names were Bingham, Powell and Bingham-Powell.

I was reading some unbelievable history facts about a year ago and there was this story about a brother who was killed in the Civil war, his brother had received his dead brothers coat, while fighting he was shot through the same bullet hole in the coat that killed his brother and was killed himself!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
A series of shotgun raids in Barcelona, Spain turned out to be the work of a gang of seven dwarfs masterminded by a tall, good-looking blonde whose name was Nieves, which means snow in Spanish............lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nf1del

I was reading some unbelievable history facts about a year ago and there was this story about a brother who was killed in the Civil war, his brother had received his dead brothers coat, while fighting he was shot through the same bullet hole in the coat that killed his brother and was killed himself!

There's some funny and tragic stories but they are great entertainment.....

A guitar being played by Segovia split apart during a performance in Berlin at the same time as his friend, the craftsman who had made the instrument, died in Madrid.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Carl Gustav Jung was a psychotherapist and psychiatrist who founded analytical psychology. Jung proposed and developed the concepts of the extraverted and the introverted personality, archetypes, and the collective unconscious. His work has been influential in psychiatry and in the study of religion, literature, and related fields.

He coined the idea of synchronicity when a patient in his office was having dreams of Egyptian scarabs. As she was telling this to him he saw an Egyptian scarab in his Swiss office in the winter. He was taken aback because he realized it was nearly impossible for this species to be alive in his office during the harsh weather of a Swiss winter.

It was synchronicity.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Probably the most famous example of it:

The French writer Émile Deschamps claims in his memoirs that in 1805, he was treated to some plum pudding by a stranger named Monsieur de Fontgibu. Ten years later, the writer encountered plum pudding on the menu of a Paris restaurant and wanted to order some, but the waiter told him that the last dish had already been served to another customer, who turned out to be de Fontgibu. Many years later, in 1832, Deschamps was at a dinner and once again ordered plum pudding. He recalled the earlier incident and told his friends that only de Fontgibu was missing to make the setting complete—and in the same instant, the now senile de Fontgibu entered the room. (Source)

There are a bunch of other examples of such coincidences at: The Power of Flow ~ Changes in Life, take 'em for what they are -- anecdotal evidence of synchronicity. I've seen a fair amount of it personally, but I have no idea what to attribute it to.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by 1nf1del

'sychronicity' is when people believe the universe is falling into place just for them. Whether the universe actually gives a damn or not doesn't matter, because these people will believe it no matter what the universe shows to the contrary.

No, to the contrary it reveals that the universe operates in ways that defy ordinary experience and that instead of a materialist monism (matter alone is primary) it's a monistic idealism (consciousness is primary).

Synchronicities tend to occur when people are undergoing psychic change and transformation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join