It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puma Punku reloaded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This is a great site, the writer is a professional molder and proposes very interesting theories/ experiments that show how the stones could have been built..

pumapunkutheories.webs.com...
pumapunkutheories.webs.com/kantatallita.htm

- Molded vs Chiseled Rock
- example, molding of ´ Arrow Rock ´
- the´Kantatallita´
- the famous ´ H stone´
- tooling stones

edit on 10-2-2013 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by anti72

good read, man, i also do a lot of casting,,, i have wondered and pondered a theory in my head that some of the puma punku stones were used to do steel castings.. remember those grooves that had little holes bored to them? they wood be good for casting connective pieces,, language barrier here,,,,,
you know, "nails" and and round bolts,, some pieces would create large steel plates,,
but my theory isnt ready yet,, still rolling pictures in my head.....
and i have also noticed that there is a possibility that some of these pieces could have been some sort of advanced concrete mix...
it would explain many things that some of the larger stones were also casted on the spot,,
less labour....
edit on 10-2-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by anti72

Hi,
I'm going to be the stick in the mud right now, the stones were absolutely not poured.
They were mined from know quarries.

] Based upon detailed petrographic and chemical analyses of samples from both individual stones and known quarry sites, archaeologists concluded that these and other red sandstone blocks were transported up a steep incline from a quarry near Lake Titicaca roughly 10 km away. Smaller andesite blocks that were used for stone facing and carvings came from quarries within the Copacabana Peninsula about 90 km away from and across Lake Titicaca from the Pumapunka

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why do people have to try so hard to deny the absolute mastery of stone masonry these people achieved.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

yes we have evidence of stone quarries,, but that doesnt prove that maybe, some stones could have been casted..
for example some stone types are so hard that you would need extremely tough tools to shape them,
just an idea...

check my avatar,, imagine making a mistake and chipping it after +2000-hours of hard work...
would bee so annoying

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by anti72

good read, man, i also do a lot of casting,,, i have wondered and pondered a theory in my head that some of the puma punku stones were used to do steel castings.. remember those grooves that had little holes bored to them? they wood be good for casting connective pieces,, language barrier here,,,,,
you know, "nails" and and round bolts,, some pieces would create large steel plates,,
but my theory isnt ready yet,, still rolling pictures in my head.....
and i have also noticed that there is a possibility that some of these pieces could have been some sort of advanced concrete mix...
it would explain many things that some of the larger stones were also casted on the spot,,
less labour....

Nope
Besides the fact that no andean cultures made it into the iron age, let alone learned how to make steel,
that idea would required whole new level of infrastructure, such as iron mimes, coal mines or huge nearby forests fuel, blast furnaces and so on .
Could not be used to cast steel or iron or any high melting temp metal, thermal shock would fracture the rocks and exposed to such high temps would transform the minerals in the rocks. The sandstones would positively not handle the molten metals.

Wouldn't it be so much easier if puma punku was just a ceramonial plaza, like many others in the andes.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

no, its not ´only´, but many of the stones seem to be cast. He explains how some om them, the interesting ones, have destintive patterns..please read all of the pages on his page.

of course many of other stones are from stone quarries..

but for my eyes his theory is the best by far till now.
and the best..no ´aliens´ necessary

cheers

edit on 10-2-2013 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

some of the puma punku stones were connected with double T parts,, check it out,,
there is still some sort of metal today in those parts,, and it was poured in to them...

besides they had extremely good knowledge of metallurgy...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I believe molten copper was sed to form tese conections looking like dog bones that lock some stones....
Though i havent read the arguments presented, yet, the quarries and the science definetly proves the quarrying of the stones....
Theres a quarry in egypt where the unfinished stone being remed is the size and shape of the washington monument....the top and sides are all cut out, but they applied too much pressure to the tip and broke it signifigantly...
The under cut was never made to lift the rock weighing mahy nudred tons, and itwas simply left in place "still attached on the bottom side...."
This proves that ancients cut their stone not cast it.....

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

of course they cut stones,, but maybe,, just maybe they could somehow also "melt" stone?
and if stone cant handle molten steel without cracking,, what a surprise,, many of those stones are cracked,,
many of the stones are also "negative" in general dimensions,,
and for the metal used,, the scientist could never get the entire range of metals used for these "clamps"
there are --X-- metals included in the results,, thats kinda interesting
also there are lots of legends about deep metal and coal mines in south america,,
many ancient tunnels that go deep in the mountains and underground,,
and they are monkey ass old, man,, who knows if they even had to cut all the trees, back in the day,,
you know, like easter island?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I do not have the reference off hand but it was a study on the type of stone used in various location in PP. Much of it was granite.

While I agree stone can be melted and molded, what it is the energy requirement to melt granite? How many trees would need to be cut and burnt to melt the quantity used in PP?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anti72

Interesting Theory this man has , but some of those Stones have been Documented to be made out of Andesite and other Granites . How could a Cement type Liquid Slurry be made out of these types of Rock ? Seems to me the Only way to Liquidfy those Rock Types would be through Intense Heat as in a Volcanic Eruption Lava Flow . Lava could be formed into Molds , but did these Ancient People somehow have the knowledge to do just that ? I doubt it .........Hmm.....

edit on 10-2-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

do you all remember those "half tubes",, maybe for lava flow,,?
or termite- type ingredient,, it isnt that hard to make....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by anti72

Interesting Theory this man has , but some of those Stones have been Documented to be made out of Andesite and other Granites . How could a Cement type Liquid Slurry be made out of these types of Rock ? Seems to me the Only way to Liquidfy those Rock Types would be through Intense Heat as in a Volcanic Eruption Lava Flow . Lava could be formed into Molds , but did these Ancient People somehow have the knowledge to do just that ? I doubt it .........Hmm.....

edit on 10-2-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

well, you would have to precisely analyse and catalogize ALL of the stones to say ALL the H-blocks are made of grey or red sandstone whatever. Many of the huge ones are made of sandstone, not granite or diorite.
But its wrong to say ALL are made of granite-or-diorite-and-can-only-be-cut-with-diamonds- generalisizing-BULLS**T.

Also, the ancient alien-speculation is BS ..OF COURSE the original builders were master masons.
They were able to carve stone, remembering the carvings for the metal alloy clamps.

these look like cast stone.The owner of the site I posted showed how these destintive patterns occur during the casting process.
imageshack.us...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
"Hi,
I'm going to be the stick in the mud right now, the stones were absolutely not poured.
They were mined from know quarries.

] Based upon detailed petrographic and chemical analyses of samples from both individual stones and known quarry sites, archaeologists concluded that these and other red sandstone blocks were transported up a steep incline from a quarry near Lake Titicaca roughly 10 km away. Smaller andesite blocks that were used for stone facing and carvings came from quarries within the Copacabana Peninsula about 90 km away from and across Lake Titicaca from the Pumapunka

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why do people have to try so hard to deny the absolute mastery of stone masonry these people achieved."

They still needed the raw material from somewhere, even though there is a quarry near by this does not prove anything, plus if they were great stone masons how do you know they didn't know how to soften stone or turn it back into a slurry or cement type mixture?
Did you study the stones there very closely to look for sanding or chipping marks?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Eddy67

it is not either/ or as previously mentioned, rather both.

cheers

top topics

join