It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar New Year of The Snake; Predictions and What Sign RU?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Happy New Year
This is the Year of the Water Snake

There are many forecasts and fortunes being told under this new sign. Many of these forecasts have to do with the economy which I find very interesting.
Fortune Predictions

If you are wondering what that entails, this report consults the experts on bazi (fortune charts), wu-xing (five-element theory) and xuan kong (flying stars). CLSA itself describes the report as a light-hearted exercise. But before anyone dismisses this as a mere marketing ploy or mystical mumbo-jumbo, take a look at last year's forecast. It is a pretty close match to how the Hang Seng actually performed. The CLSA index also looks at health, relationships and work for the year to come. If you were born in the year of the Rooster, Dog or Ox (Cow), it is going to be a great year, says the report. If you are a Pig, Goat (Sheep), Tiger or Snake, it's best to fast forward to 2014. Interestingly, those with the same birth sign as the year sign invariably have bad years. There's something else to keep in mind. The Snake sheds its skin, which in the Chinese horoscope signals new ideas or developments, both good and bad. The Depression year of 1929 was a Snake year, as was 1989 (Tiananmen Square) and 2001 (the 9/11 attacks). In fact the past five Snake years have not been very encouraging, says the report.

Here is a video of predictions:

They say that if you are a boar, goat, snake or tiger this will be a bad year for you, but if you are a Rooster, Dog, or Ox, you can look forward to a rewarding year!
Here is a fun website to find out what sign you were born under:
Chinese Horoscope Find Your Sign

Whichever sign you are, I hope you have a great year!!
edit on 10-2-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Rooster / Gemini

A good year for me? Oh joy!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I am the earth pig, I find that the designations are more accurate, than the Western astrological signs.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Eedjee because: #

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Hurrah. Im looking forward to this year then.
Thanks for bringing this to ATS

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I am a Boar LOL.....

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hey what kind of a year can a horse expect like me?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Sorry to bring in the bad news

the year of the water snake will bring DOOM AND DESTRUCTION THAT 2012 was supposed to but didn't bring

That's right

DOOM

and

DESTRUCTION

Why do I say that? Did I just finish watching some crappy Hollywood horror movie and in a bad mood.

NO

I am saying it because all the problems, economic, political, religious, none were fixed, things just got worse.

so why in the world are the rest of you optimistic, what drugs are you folks on.

Seriously PM me what drugs you folks are on

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Tiger....Woo Hoo....

Star and Flag for fun thread....

Des

edit on 10-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by VitaminQ

Go take your happy pills...you missed your dose this morning.....

Des

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm a snake.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hmmmm....Seems like the year of the snake has been aligning close to the solar max. I wonder if this is just a coincidence. Solar max can have an effect on people's minds from what I have read, usually civil unrest and volitility in the stock market.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
I am a Boar LOL.....

You don't seem Boaring?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Year of the Horse

No, not for the reason you are thinking...
get your minds out of the gutter.

Fortune Foretelling in 2013
Overview: In 2013 - the Year of the Snake, the horse people should do everything by themselves instead of turning to others. By that, they can get good fortune. Also the expense will not be that much. In general, their fortune will get better bit by bit.

Career: They will find that the career life is not that smooth. Great pressure on work makes them more responsible, which happen to help them get more experience. In addition, they need to be modest and honest in handling work for fear that their positions be unstable.
Wealth: Good fortune in wealth will come to them this year. The satisfactory income should be well applied to develop their career to earn more. At the same time, their expense will also climb up. In that case, the idea of the experts should be taken into consideration in case being cheated.
Relationship: They are suggested to control their emotions. Otherwise, many arguments will happen between them and their partners. Singles need think twice to choose a most suitable partner. This is a good year for male horse people to get married or have a baby. They also need more efforts to hold a good relationship with others to prevent from being cheated. It is suggested to be smart enough in case that the contributions are taken away.
Health: The physical condition should be paid much attention, especially discomfort in lungs and bronchus. They may get hurt accidentally this year. To fix this, they can donate blood in the beginning of 2013. Aside from the physical health, they should overcome the anxiety and impatience to keep mental health.

Guess this is a neutral type year? Doesn't seem spectacular or catastrophic in nature.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eedjee
I am the earth pig, I find that the designations are more accurate, than the Western astrological signs.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Eedjee because: #

Seriously? That must be a coincidence, because otherwise it would mean, literally, that all the people born in that year are basically more or less the same. Or, if we are being extra generous, that they fall into four types (elements), with minimal differences between them. I know, there's a whole host of additional elements to be taken into consideration, but that's beside the point because such predictions never go beyond the basic four elements, if that.

I used to have a friend who was an astrology nut, so I was treated to sundry predictions every year. Yay.

Not once did the predictions match the specifics of the reality.
But then, the profile of my sign (one of this year's "lucky" signs) couldn't be farther from my actual personality.

Anyway, the article quoted is typically selective. They name 1989 as a "bad" year - because of Tianmen - but they fail to mention a series of political developments that were far more important and far-reaching, namely the fall of communism in Europe, with the fall of the Berlin Wall as its most "iconic" act.

Sorry for being grouchy. It must be the memory of that prediction-bearing, boring friend.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think VitaminQ needs more coffee
That's all I'm on.

I'm a dog

I'm always a dog.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Im a Dragon. Im also a Leo.

Im completely more cool than any of you... Western and Eastern. Globally cool.

So there.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Strengths People born under the sign of the rabbit are gentle, sensitive, compassionate, amiable, modest and merciful, and have strong memory. They like to communicate with others in a humorous manner. They cannot bear dull life, so they are good at creating romantic or interesting spice. They are soft-spoken and welcoming, being fond of peaceful love life. They hate arguing with capacity of converting an enemy into a friend. They are homebody and hospitable, and like house fitting-up. They can work with speed and efficiency, do not insist and get angry easily.

Weaknesses They lack meditative abilities and often sink money into ideas that may cause failures in their career. They are amorous and not determined, soft in appearance and stubborn inside. They usually do not submit to dreary life, but create romance. They are not good at delving deeply and likely to escape the reality. They may lose good chances because of reserved personality.

Fits me pretty closely. Except for the weaknesses. I, of course, have none. Bwah hahahaha.

Okay, seriously? Supposed to be a good year for us rabbits. So we will see.

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go and reread Watership Down...
edit on 10-2-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2013 by smyleegrl because: I may have no weaknesses, but I can't spell worth $*it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Snap. Dragon and a Leo and left handed thrown into the mix.

We are the coolest.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing. Some interesting reading. I'm an Ox, and a Scorpio.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

It is the year of The Water Serpent.

Expect more focus on Money (Water element AND Material [Serpent]), Sex (Which the Serpent also represents), Knowledge, and Health...

new topics

top topics

join