It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank-You to a Cop, Animal Control and Nice People...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Good Morning ATS from CA, USA. I don't often create Threads, lol, mostly cause I'm not very good at it, but this was a story I felt I wanted to share. First I will tell you guys what happened, and then if you care to read further, my reaction to what happened.

My Dad is 75 years old, and lives with me. For the most part he is in good health, but for the past year has had some "issues" with his brain function. Everyday he takes our 2 dogs, Bonnie, a pitbull mix, and Rosie, our little terrior for a walk. Last weds. while walking the dogs he had some kind of "episode" and went down, a nieghbor saw this and called 911.

The first person to arrive on the scene was a police officer, while he was trying to help my Dad Bonnie bit his leg, she's a very sweet dog, but she was trying to protect my Dad I guess. Soon after this the paramedics and animal control arrive on the scene, take my Dad to hospital and pick-up the dogs.

I get a frantic call from my sister, who was contacted by our property manager telling me what was happening, she was at the hospital already and told me to call animal control, my Dad was stable at this point, and was worried about the dogs. I call and talk to this very nice man who tells me he will bring the dogs home within the hour. He explains to me that usually a dog would be quarentined for biting someone, but that the police officer requested that not happen in this case, lol, I guess he even made a joke he'll get some new pants, cause Bonnie tore his.

Tears are rolling down my checks when I think about the kindness so many people showed our family that day.....THANK-YOU....from the bottom of my heart. My Dad is home and doing well, the dogs were sooo happy to see him ! Today I'm going to find out who this officer was and send him a Thank-you letter, maybe I should make him some cookies too.....

I have been pretty outspoken about my mistrust for cops and government agencies, but "GOD", that's what I call him anyways, really humbled me with this whole experience. There really are some very nice people in this world, and this cop, and the animal control guy here are two of them !!

LOL...oh...one last thing...my Dad, a muscian / pool champ....he still wins alot of tournaments and can bring down the house , wanted to go out a play the same night night he got home......I managed to get him to stay home and take it easy, at least for that night ! Have a great day guys....thanks for reading our story......

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Wonderful story and yes there are still nice people in the world.

Some of them even wear a badge.

Glad your father is doing well.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Thank-you, yes there sure is........I still haven't fully processed this whole experience.........

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sadly, your story is the exception to the rule. There is no such thing as a good cop. Ever. Anyone who has ever held a job KNOWS who the bad lazy employees are. Same with cops. How much you wanna bet that same cop turns a blind eye to his fellow bad cops? I have no sympathy for police as long as they stay in such a herd mentality. You were lucky.

www.theblaze.com...

A man in Adams County, Colo. lost his best friend after he says deputies shot his dog three times for “no reason.”

Tragically, Jeff Fisher said police went to his house by mistake. When he opened his door for the deputies, his dog Ziggy ran outside and officers shot and killed him.

“Fisher said Ziggy was his best friend and can’t believe he’s gone,” CBS Denver reports.

And there are literally thousands of these reports on the internet. Cops are out of control and militarized.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Hey guy, how about instead of dwelling on the NEGATIVE stories, lets focus on the POSITIVE stories???

Sound good to you? Does to me

S&F for this story

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I appreciate your concerns, and I have similiar ones. I think what this whole thing has made me think about is how important it may be to re-think how I want to try and influence peace between the cops and civilians...we really need the cops on our side......in this case they were......

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

LOL....Thanks....yeah.....this kind of thing does make you feel positive........

my Dad said the funniest thing this morning when I gave him his medicine...." Only the Good Die Young".....cracked me up !

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

After all the stories i have read lately about bad cops this one made me so joyful. That police officer is a white knight. There are a lot of them but we don't hear about it often.

Kudos to your white knight.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

After all the stories i have read lately about bad cops this one made me so joyful. That police officer is a white knight. There are a lot of them but we don't hear about it often.

Very true. Too damn easy today to focus on the negative. Those stories don't sell news. Thanks for this pleasant experience.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
when I saw this post I thought I was finally going to see a post about the good stuff LEOs do on a daily basis instead of a negative one. the OP was great, but then of course along came a troll to try and ruin the post. oh well, S&F to the OP and a big "wahhhhh wahhhh" to the troll.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Sad generalization. And blatantly untrue.

We have some wonderful police officers in our town. It's easy to see them helping someone, just like in the OPs story.

OP, beautiful story. I'm glad your father is doing better and that you met a "good cop." Thank you for sharing!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the thoughtful responces.........I appreciate them all.

It's funny, the night my Dad was in the hospital the house was so quiet, lol, he's usually blasting CNN and singing and playing his guitar......we will never agree on politics, I couldn't convert him to Ron Paul...I tried...

I will never be annoyed again at how loud he is....he sings great.......singing an Eagles tune now "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and NO one sings "Since I fell for you" better........I need to figure out how to put that on you tube.......♥

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

This post makes my point. How rare is it to see a cop do good, that when it does happen people are overwhelmed with joy. Most people are natural optimists and tend to latch onto the smallest glimmer of hope. Do not let yourself be lulled into a false sense of security by just one good deed amongst the thousands of corrupt ego driven cops.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamrock6
when I saw this post I thought I was finally going to see a post about the good stuff LEOs do on a daily basis instead of a negative one. the OP was great, but then of course along came a troll to try and ruin the post. oh well, S&F to the OP and a big "wahhhhh wahhhh" to the troll.

Point me to some links showing the "good deeds" that are as numerous as the "bad deeds".

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

i don't feed trolls, sorry. perhaps simply removing your tinted lenses would help you see that not every cop in the world is bad, evil, or wrong. but then again, I'm not big on saying "all of this particular race/job field/car brand owner are this kind of person."

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I really do see your point......I have had and shared some terrible experiences with cops here on ATS....and for the record, I am a very clean cut looking "Mom" type, 5'4" 140 lbs........and I was beat up by a female police officer for no reason other then asking why she was being so aggressive?

This whole experience has freaked me out, obviously being scared for my Dad and the dogs, but also that maybe I need approach my attitude to things with some new perspective.......

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

I really do see your point......I have had and shared some terrible experiences with cops here on ATS....and for the record, I am a very clean cut looking "Mom" type, 5'4" 140 lbs........and I was beat up by a female police officer for no reason other then asking why she was being so aggressive?

This whole experience has freaked me out, obviously being scared for my Dad and the dogs, but also that maybe I need approach my attitude to things with some new perspective.......

I am glad your dad and his pets are ok. Just remember for every one good deed by one cop there are 10's of thousands by not so good cops. Until we get back to the point were there is shock and outrage for just one bad cop doing something wrong instead of joy at just one good cop doing good we need to remember to use caution around them.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Again I really understand your point.........lol...shoot I'm old enough to remember when the cops just made you pour out your beer, and go home.

My now 21 year old daughter got caught at a beer party underage and it was "drama" beyond belief...I do agree that the police have become more aggressive, lol, and we could start a whole new thread on that issue.

As you said, most people are "optomists"......and I guess that includes me.......what is the choice? I still have alot of ponies in this race that I Love........Thanks for your thoughts........

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

Again I really understand your point.........lol...shoot I'm old enough to remember when the cops just made you pour out your beer, and go home.

My now 21 year old daughter got caught at a beer party underage and it was "drama" beyond belief...I do agree that the police have become more aggressive, lol, and we could start a whole new thread on that issue.

As you said, most people are "optomists"......and I guess that includes me.......what is the choice? I still have alot of ponies in this race that I Love........Thanks for your thoughts........

We will be the first generation that won't be able to tell our kids how much rougher we had it than them.
Keep safe.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Nice story. That cop showed a lot of restraint and common sense. Saw and understood the situation even when the dog bit him, somewhat but they are out there. I've been fortunate to run into quite a few of them while other friends of mine would run into the opposite hehe.

top topics

join