It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Loss on a Minor Scale: Evidence of Reality Manipulation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This May Not Be The Right Subject Header

Okay, I have noticed in the past year or two, moreso since I started driving a truck, that I am experiencing a 'skipping' of time, of mere milliseconds, but enough to notice when travelling at high speed (60mph or faster).

Here's how this works:
I will be driving down an interstate, in moderate to heavy traffic usually, and will notice that reality 'skips' kind of like when you are watching a DVD and the movie steps forward by a frame or two unexpectedly. An oncoming vehicle will be under an overpass, and instead of watching it move from under the overpass, it simply 'is' beyond it. An interruption of the sequence, so to speak.

I have recently had a very thorough examination and mental assessment, so I really don't think it's in my head. My wife also claims to experience these things. Does anyone else?

I have heard theories ranging from 'the matrix' to alien abduction and reinsertion in the timeline at point of departure. I am interested to find anyone else that has experienced these wierd happenings or any information, research leads, etc, that anyone could provide. Please and thank you.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I have recently had a very thorough examination and mental assessment, so I really don't think it's in my head. My wife also claims to experience these things. Does anyone else?

Did they manage to get an electroencephalogram (EEG) on you? Sometimes when people drive for long distances, over a prolonged period of time, their brains slip into a different mode of processing. You begin to unknowingly neglect certain events and anticipate others before they happen. These "time slips" are quite real in such a case, it is referred to as a ventral stream issue.

It is possible that the very fabric of reality is being affected by the emotional discharge inherent in the human fear response. Have you noticed many coincidences happening to you (or anyone else for that matter)?

MK

[edit on 29-10-2004 by MKULTRA]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well, I don't recall about the EEG, but I can tell you that while more commonly noticed when driving over the course of a whole day, I have had these instances on various levels, and of varying lengths, for a few years (more in the last year or two), in other occupations. And also, as I said, my wife has had these encounters as well.

As far as anything else strange, well, that's a whole 'nother can 'o' worms. Here's my other situation:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
No, just because you percieved the consistency of time differently within a split second doesn't mean that a higher being from a parallel dimension caused time and space to shift and open up a portal and yadda yadda. People these days man....

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm not postulating any specific theory. This happens to me. I'm not saying it is unusual, I'm not saying it is normal. What I am saying is that I find it strange, and in the interest of learning about the universe/multiverse around us all, I am interested to see if anyone else has experienced this and what exactly it is? Or where I can find more information on the subject?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I remember back when I was in high school, we had a hypnotist at our grad night, and he was explaining to us that hypnotism is nothing strange, and that we get hypnotised all the time, such as when we're driving sometimes.

So I started thinking about this when I went driving, and it's true. Sometimes I won't remember long stretches of time when I'm driving a familiar route. I mean, it's not like time just suddenly skips, but I just get into this state where it's like my subconscious driving the car, and I just kinda go into a daze. Maybe something similar is happening to you.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I appreciate the input. I know that I can go into a hypnotic state, especially if in deep thought about a particular subject, and totally lose a hundred miles or so.

The episodes I am referring to can happen anytime. In fact, they most often happen when I am actually concentrating on my driving, not random subject to ponder. These probably happen during a hypnotic state, but because of the state, I do not notice.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Do you get enough regular sleep? I've heard of similar experiences from people who are constantly and seriously fatigued over long periods of time. Not as in going a whole night without sleeping, but rather that one is having inadequate sleep almost every night over the course of a year or more.

This does not necessarily mean that you will fall asleep at the wheel, but when you are chronically fatigued, the brain releases chemicals in bursts that are designed to induce sleep. This could maybe cause your brain to "skip" a little as your brain tries to stay awake and rest at the same time. Combine this with the fact that you are driving for long periods of time and will be succeptible to the hypnotic effect discussed in earlier posts.

I also worked with a colleague who had a condition where during sleep he would constantly switch in and out of sleep, waking up and falling asleep once every minute or so. During waking hours he described symptoms similar to what you describe (although not precisely the same).

The fact that the "symptoms" you described only began after you started driving a truck points to the probability of it being associated with your fatigue or hypnotic states enduced by driving.

Have you asked other drivers whether or not they experience this kind of phenomenon?

My advice to you, particularly you being someone in charge of a truck(!) would be to ask for a referral to a sleep disorder treatment center. And if it seems to worsen, stop driving immediately until the problem is fixed.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well, as I've said, these have become more noticeable since my career change, but they have definitely occured prior to that.

Enough sleep? Perhaps something there. I tend to get a full night's rest, as DOT Safety Regulations require certain rest periods in any given day and I get home alot (three or four times a week) to relax. Maybe an issue. Maybe not. Like I said, I think I rest well.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I experience it. My roommate experiences it. 2 of my children experience it. We all call it a "glitch in the matrix" for lack of a better term. Not that we believe we are in the matrix, one of us just said it once and it stuck. What's really trippy is when it happens to more than one of us at the same time. I have no idea what causes it although I do know that we are all pretty aware of our surroundings. I think it happens to everyone and people are just so used to it they don't notice it.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You hit it on the head! For lack of a better term (I do NOT believe we are ni the 'matrix' or any virtual construct of any sort) my wife and I first called it 'A glitch in the matrix software'. It stuck. Wierd. Has anyone in your circle of influence suggested any reason or solution? Do you know anywhere I could find more information on it?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Ive had two missing periods of about 15-20 minutes, I dont believe it was aliens or anything wierd but just that the brain can go into a ASC.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I also do not think we are in the matrix or anything like that, but every now and then I also notice a skipping problem. I was in class this one time and the teacher was walking from her desk to the board when suddenly, it seemed she was at the desk and then at the board the next moment. She had a walking movement too so it wasn't like she suddenly teleported. I've been having experiences similar to that lately and I have no mental problems and I get a long sleep.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
just thought i'd mention i have seen this myself but only using lsd which makes me think it's more of a mind trick than anything else but the effect's i experienced are identical.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
maybe you were sleepy and your brain just shut for a milisecond

then knowingly the brain realizes its in danger if it shuts down for sleep,
it turns up the brain again

thats what i think anyways cuz it happens to me all the time

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
It's called a micro-sleep. You're brain shuts off and you effectively fall asleep for a short period of time. You're especially vulnerable to these at night during times when you would normally be sleeping.

Gotta love Dr. Carl

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
It's called a micro-sleep. You're brain shuts off and you effectively fall asleep for a short period of time. You're especially vulnerable to these at night during times when you would normally be sleeping.

Gotta love Dr. Carl

I heard most Train accidents are due to the fact that the Conductors fall asleep *micro Sleep* and miss the light stating weather the track is occupied by another train or not.

Now if they were to drink Red Bull they would never have Train accidents ever again

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by everlastingnoitall
This May Not Be The Right Subject Header

Okay, I have noticed in the past year or two, moreso since I started driving a truck, that I am experiencing a 'skipping' of time, of mere milliseconds, but enough to notice when travelling at high speed (60mph or faster).

Here's how this works:
I will be driving down an interstate, in moderate to heavy traffic usually, and will notice that reality 'skips' kind of like when you are watching a DVD and the movie steps forward by a frame or two unexpectedly. An oncoming vehicle will be under an overpass, and instead of watching it move from under the overpass, it simply 'is' beyond it. An interruption of the sequence, so to speak.

I have heard theories ranging from 'the matrix' to alien abduction and reinsertion in the timeline at point of departure. I am interested to find anyone else that has experienced these wierd happenings or any information, research leads, etc, that anyone could provide. Please and thank you.

I have experienced similar events. In my case I found that it only happened when I felt that I needed to be somewhere quickly. I did an experiment with my brother in the car. I picked two points on a straight, flat streach of road. I accellerated to 60 mph before hitting point A and put the cruise control on so there would be no speed varriations. It was also mostly a wind free day. I timed the time it took to get from point A to B. It was 3 minutes and 36 seconds. This is with my brother looking at the watch the whole time. (I wrote all of this down so I would have exact measurements). I went back to about 2 miles away from point A and turned the van arround. Again I sped up to 60 mph and hit the cruise control. This time I had my brother hit the start button and not look at the watch. At the time he did not know what I was trying to prove. When we hit point B we checked the watch and it read 2 minutes and 53 seconds. The only differences between trial 1 and trial 2 was in trial 1 we looked at the watch and in trial 2 we didn't and in trial 1 I kept a calm train of thought but in trial 2 I put myself in the mindset that I was rushing to the hospital to see a family member.
The cruise control was on the entire time between points A and B. The wind speed was relatively the same in both trials. It was a flat stretch of road. There was a witness that was, at the time, unaware of the nature of the experiment. I only told him the truth after writing down what he observed.
He did not see any fluxuation in speed or distance traveled. He only saw that we got there in less time.
This led me to come up with the theory that the properties of reality don't always have to be bent to be altered. Sometimes they can just be disregarded altogether. I was so focused on getting to the "hospital" that I simply disregarded the concept of time (not completely, if that was the case the travel would be instantaneous).
It might be possible that this is similar to what you are experiencing. Theoretically you could break these "rules" for others; this could explain the temporal distortions and gaps that you have been seeing.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
maybe you blinked, but since its such an automatic action, you didn't notice it? just a suggestion

hrmm, sounds like an interesting experiment. This also happens to me, if i look at my watch without thinking about anything else, time seems to 'slow down', if i go watch tv or somthing, it sort of seems shorter
hehe, "Red Bull gives you wiiiiiiiiiiiiiings!!!"

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I had a bit of a strange experience a few years ago and "lost" a period of over 3 1/2 hours.
I had been working on a customer site about 160 miles from home. I finished the work and called my manager to say I was done and would be leaving shortly to return to the office (about 5 minutes drive from my home).
A later chat with my manager confirmed I had called him at about 11:50AM.
My last clear memory was walking across the customers car park to my car just after I called the office and the next conscious moment was at 3:30PM when I found myself sitting on the sofa at home with a half drunk cup of coffee.

The journey would have taken me about 2 1/2 hours at that time of day on the motorways and that left about another hour to account for. I was driving that sort of distance every day and could always remember details of journeys for weeks, accidents / road works / bad weather etc. On this occassion I had, and still have, no memory at all of that time. It freaked me out a bit

Maybe it was a subconscious tiredness, the brain shutting down and me going into "autopilot" mode. It was almost like sleep the way I suddenly became aware of my surroundings again at home, as if I had just snapped awake. I have not had any similar episodes since that time but I won't forget it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join