It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Benghazi: The Definitive Report' In 2012, a secret war across North Africa was well underway.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reminder thread,

www.abovetopsecret.com...
White House, with concurrence by the FBI and Justice Department, held off on asking for Petraeus’ resignation until after the election.

Who authorized the Bureau to pore over all his email communication?

‘Whenever the FBI opens an investigation of a senior official they have to make notification of that, especially if there is an intelligence concern. It is hard to believe the White House did not know

“Now I don’t know if a lot of you heard this, but the CIA annex had actually had taken a couple of Libya militia members prisoner. And they think that the attack on the consulate was an effort to try to get these prisoners back. So that’s still being vetted.”
Paula Broadwell

OH wait, were the rumors that the so called Benghazi consulate was a black site true, was she dropping hints?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
sandf Stormdancer
well this sheds a little light on Hillary's testimony and its splendiferious oddities too..

she owns this smiley
apparantly this is in the opening of her benghazi testimony

Any clear-eyed examination of this matter must begin with this sobering fact: Since 1988, there have been 19 Accountability Review Boards investigating attacks on American diplomats and their facilities. Benghazi joins a long list of tragedies, for our Department and for other agencies: hostages taken in Tehran in 1979, our embassy and Marine barracks bombed in Beirut in 1983, Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia in 1996, our embassies in East Africa in 1998, consulate staff murdered in Jeddah in 2004, the Khost attack in 2009, and too many others. Of course, the list of attacks foiled, crises averted, and lives saved is even longer. We should never forget that our security professionals get it right 99 percent of the time, against difficult odds all over the world. That’s why, like my predecessors, I trust them with my life.

blogs.wsj.com...

I guess they were all blowback

edit on 10-2-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I trust them with my life.

So that was her statement huh?

Lucky she wasn't there,

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Feb. 10, 2013

New Info on Benghazi Is Going to Come Out & Leave People ‘Amazed & Shocked’
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by neo96

I didn't realize it went back that far, but I didn't realize a lot of things.

Don't think they called them "black sites" back then but that is where it started imo anytime the CIa is involved you can bet their methods haven't changed.

www.aclu.org...

Now from this article:

The current policy traces its roots to the administration of former President Bill Clinton. Following the attacks of September 11, 2001, however, what had been a limited program expanded dramatically, with some experts estimating that 150 foreign nationals have been victims of rendition in the last few years alone.

A limited program that can trace itself back to the CIAs involvement in Vietnam, and Laos.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think learning the real truth to this died with Obama's re-election. The very term Special Prosecutor seems no longer to exist and without that, there is little chance a thing like Iran/Contra would have been run to ground how it needed to be, for an example from the other side of politics. That one didn't actually have a consulate facility being over-run and an Ambassador of all people for US civilian rank, killed in the event.

It's amazing to me that it's happened and been allowed to all but fade from the public awareness for other things, so quickly.

In terms of Africa though, numerous stories have reported the U.S. and other powers moving back into the Continent in a way that had been going the other direction for decades. Interesting how that's been working....but, then, not THAT interesting. Mineral wealth and other things matter more there than Oil, in my opinion. Something else matters even more though and Libya had recently confirmed sitting on a ton of it...

The Future of Africa’s Water Security

I believe this adds another dimension and whole new layer of meaning to what I think we see pieces of out here in the public. The documents in the public record are clear about the security situation being immediate for threats to the compound in the months leading up to that night though. 'Something big is still missing for a piece to make the puzzle have any logic....

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
*UPDATE*Coming MONDAY, Benghazi: The Definitive Report
sofrep.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

the strong suit of the book is the contention that Brennan's operations authorized by Obama caused a retaliation by Ansar al-Sharia, which caught the CIA off guard. "They had no idea that Special Operations missions would be kicking the hornets' nest in Libya and therefore could not prepare for the fallout that would result."

They also assert that the forced resignation of CIA Director David Petraeus was a palace coup, and that John Brennan wanted to become Director of Central Intelligence.
larouchepac.com...
"It is an open secret in Washington, D.C, that John Brennan is a world-class windbag.... He has long had his eye on becoming the Director of Central Intelligence or Director of National Intelligence."

Their conclusion is that John Brennan should be reined in or fired, but if what they say is true, and there is good reason to believe it is, what they document must be thoroughly probed by the U.S. Congress, and if Barack Obama authorized Brennan's actions, then Barack Obama is impeachable for authorizing the "private war" carried out by Brennan in violation of the U.S. Constitution.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Moammar Khadafy, was cooperating with the US, granting them the right to use Libyan territory for CIA black sites.

Having helped to engineer the ouster of Khadafy with air strikes left Obama with the problem of a revitalized al Qaeda springing up to fill the void.

www.nypost.com...

I was looking through my past post and found this,

'To my Dear Obama, our son', says Gaddafi, defending attack on rebels,

Details of Gaddafi's letters were released by the Libyan government spokesman at a news conference in Tripoli.

Defending his decision to attack rebel cities, Gaddafi told Obama, "Al Qaeda is an armed organisation, passing through Algeria, Mauritania and Mali. What would you do if you found them controlling American cities with the power of weapons? What would you do, so I can follow your example."
Trying to strike a personal note, Gaddafi prefaced his letter saying, "To our son, his excellency, Mr Baracka Hussein Obama. I have said to you before, that even if Libya and the United States of America enter into a war, god forbid, you will always remain a son. Your picture will not be changed."

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Rep. Wolf says Benghazi survivors were asked to sign non-disclosure agreements

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Rep. Frank Wolf, R-Va., is calling on the Obama administration to explain why the survivors of last year's deadly attack in Benghazi, Libya, were reportedly asked to sign non-disclosure agreements that prevent them from talking about the attack.

In a letter to Secretary of State John Kerry, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and CIA Director John Brennan, Wolf said his office has received reports that some survivors of the attack were asked to sign the confidentiality agreement as recently as this summer.

"If these reports are accurate, it would raise serious questions about additional restrictions the State Department has placed on those with knowledge of the Benghazi attacks," Wolf said in the letter. "I also worry about the impact of any [non-disclosure agreements] on congressional efforts to understand fully what happened that night and why the agency responded as it did."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Text

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
youtu.be...

"On Tuesday I raised the question of why none of the Benghazi survivors, whether State Department, CIA, or private security contract employees have testified publicly before Congress," said Wolf.

"According to trusted sources that have contacted my office, many if not all of the survivors of the Benghazi attacks along with others at the Department of Defense, the CIA have been asked or directed to sign additional non-disclosure agreements about their involvement in the Benghazi attacks. Some of these new NDAs, as they call them, I have been told were signed as recently as this summer."
www.weeklystandard.com...
Wolf continued: "It is worth noting that the Marine Corps Times yesterday reported that the Marine colonel whose task force was responsible for special operations in northern and western Africa at the time of the attack is still on active duty despite claims that he retired. And therefore could not be forced to testify before Congress.

"If these reports are accurate, this would be a stunning revelation to any member of Congress, any member of Congress that finds this out and also more importantly to the American people. It also raises serious concerns about the priority of the administration's efforts to silence those with knowledge of the Benghazi attack in response.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Congress will hear from Africa special forces commander on Benghazi attack

House Republicans will hear behind closed doors from a senior U.S. Marine Corps officer who was responsible for special forces in Africa on the night of last year’s deadly terror attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, despite what some GOP members are saying was an effort by the Pentagon to hide him.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Carter Ham: "Fragile" Libyan Gov't is Why Benghazi Attackers are Free
thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

Former general: Knew early that Benghazi was terrorist attack

security.blogs.cnn.com...

Obama Stirs Trayvon Pot to Distract from IRS, NSA, DOJ and Benghazi Scandals
townhall.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
New details emerge of horrific attack that killed U.S. ambassador as support for Al-Qaeda grows in war-ravaged Libya

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... -ravaged-Libya.html#ixzz2Zsr19B8l
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

More grim details about the terrorist attack that killed a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans has emerged as Libya admits it is struggling to combat a growing tide of extremism in the country.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Exclusive: Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack

CNN has uncovered exclusive new information about what is allegedly happening at the CIA, in the wake of the deadly Benghazi terror attack.

Four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens, were killed in the assault by armed militants last September 11 in eastern Libya.

Sources now tell CNN dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret.

CNN has learned the CIA is involved in what one source calls an unprecedented attempt to keep the spy agency's Benghazi secrets from ever leaking out

thelead.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Obama WH Is Hiding Benghazi Survivors AND CHANGING THEIR NAMES

This came after Jake Tapper at CNN broke the news today that there were “dozens” of CIA operatives on the ground in Benghazi on 9-11 when the consulate came under attack and the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret.

Gowdy told Greta the Obama Administration is hiding the survivors, dispersing them around the country, AND changing their names.
www.thegatewaypundit.com... ir-names-video/
“Including changing names, creating aliases. Stop and think what things are most calculated to get at the truth? Talk to people with first-hand knowledge. What creates the appearance and perhaps the reality of a cover-up? Not letting us talk with people who have the most amount of information, dispersing them around the country and changing their names.”

And, at the same time Obama is hiding the survivors around the country he’s calling Benghazi a ‘phony’ scandal.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The Pentagon's Secret Wars

President Barack Obama is rapidly expanding the borders of the undeclared wars he’s waging in the name of the United States.
In a study entitled “How Many Wars Is the U.S. Fighting Today?” Harvard professor Linda Bilmes and Michael Intriligator of UCLA estimate that the United States government is fighting at least five “unannounced and undeclared” wars around the world.

The paper reports that these unconstitutional combat operations represent a “tradition of many previous covert US military incursions,” such as those carried out in past decades in Chile, Cuba, Nicaragua, El Salvador, and others. With the advancement in drone technology, the government is able to be “involved in more conflicts worldwide.”

And the evidence is that the Obama administration is taking full advantage of those capabilities. The paper reported:
www.hks.harvard.edu...
Today US military operations are involved in scores of countries across all the five continents. The US military is the world’s largest landlord, with significant military facilities in nations around the world, and with a significant presence in Bahrain, Djibouti, Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, and Kyrgyzstan, in addition to long-established bases in Germany, Japan, South Korea, Italy, and the UK.

That list, of course, does not include the less well defined “military presence” in Colombia, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, the Philippines, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

Add to that the following summary of the combat operations published by Global Research:

Many smaller US military operations in Africa and the Middle East are increasingly utilizing drones. Former US Africa Command (AFRICOM) commander General Carter Ham stated in February that his forces required a 15-fold increase in surveillance and reconnaissance capacities for the continent. US Air Force drones have already been flying sorties across North Africa, and the US already operates drone bases in Djibouti, Ethiopia and the Seychelles.

As part of “Operation Nomad Shadow,” a secret US military surveillance program, the US military is currently launching drones from the Incirlik air base in Turkey to provide surveillance for the Turkish military in its campaign against the separatist Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK). The drones fly into northern Iraq to gather data, which is then transmitted to a “fusion cell” in Ankara for analysis.

www.globalresearch.ca...

www.thenewamerican.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
CIA 'running arms smuggling team in Benghazi when consulate was attacked'
The CIA has been subjecting operatives to monthly polygraph tests in an attempt to suppress details of a US arms smuggling operation in Benghazi that was ongoing when its ambassador was killed by a mob in the city last year, according to reports.

Sources said that more Americans were hurt in the assault spearheaded by suspected Islamic radicals than had been previously reported. CIA chiefs were actively working to ensure the real nature of its operations in the city did not get out.

So only the losses suffered by the State Department in the city had been reported to Congress.

thelead.blogs.cnn.com...
The television network said that a CIA team was working in an annex near the consulate on a project to supply missiles from Libyan armouries to Syrian rebels.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join