It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq PM 'Invites' Iran to Seize US Embassy in Baghdad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Iraq PM 'Invites' Iran to Seize US Embassy in Baghdad

Iraq allegedly has agreed to allow 50,000 Iranian Basij militia troops into the country to help suppress riots against the government and seize Arab and other foreign embassies, including that of the United States. The two leaders allegedly agreed to allow the Basij forces to attack and occupy the foreign embassies considered hostile to Iran in Baghdad, and to detain their staffs.

Iraq’s Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and Iranian military commander Qassaem Soleimani, head of Iran's Al Qods Force, allegedly shook hands on the plan over the weekend at a meeting in Baghdad. Pledging 50,000 Basij military troops to help al-Maliki put down the nationwide riots against his government, Soleimani was quoted as saying "the Iraqi Front is the last front to defend the security of Iran."

The report, which appeared Saturday on the Voice of Iraq website and that of the Nashwan News, apparently offered enough evidence to create concern among analysts in the United States. “Even if there is a slim chance that the report is true, it should be published immediately,” commented U.S.-based Middle East strategy expert Mark Langfan.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

Yes, I realize it is a Israeli website, if you have information to counter then please debunk this.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Seems to be getting propsed by Iraqi PM al-Maliki because he wants help to suppress Sunni led protests, not sure if Iran will really bother with that level of commitment.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Seems possible because Iran's other ally Syria is not reliable anymore since Assad can fall any time now. If Iran really sends in troops then i think this will spark a bomb in the whole mid east and WW3 is on the rise...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I think no information from anywhere else is enough to counter this. Israel is campaigning hard against Iran...from the lies of building nuclear bombs to other "intelligence" they leaked in an effort to get their allies to attack on their behalf. Israel fail again.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Most likely Israel wants to set up a false flag attack in Iraq and blame it on Iran. This would give them an excuse to bomb Iran and send in their commandos. Israel's days are numbered, even Henry Kissinger said Israel will no longer exist in the next 10 years. Soon we will witness the death throes of a desperate regime. Taking Israel away from the Zionists will be like taking candy from a child, but the child will throw a wild tantrum unless we are tactful.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have an easy solution. Pull out of the middle east altogether. Let them hash things out, and by pulling out I mean not buying their oil either.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Israels not going anywhere soon boys.....
Yer gonna have to root the Israeli people out one at a time......never happen....n armed force in the world could afford those casualties....
Theres more guns in Isreali hands than all the us gun nuts put together maybe...good lck movng that crowd out of Jerusalem let alone Israel.
Id bet the isaelis have the best airforce and pilots of all the surrounding countries together...with more and better aircraft too (thanks to Dov Zakheim selling US fghters to Isreal for scrap prices....by the squadron)
Theres few countries who would dare pick a fight with them...even Turkey is shy......

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

"“Even if there is a slim chance that the report is true, it should be published immediately,” commented U.S.-based Middle East strategy expert Mark Langfan."

this raises red flags for me. one, its not a report but a story in a news paper/gazette. two, why would someone want to condone printing fake news if its hasnt been proven yet?

slim chance? lol there could be a slim chance ww2 never happened, i wasnt born then so how could i really know for sure. lets just print the story that it never happened? lol

"commented U.S.-based Middle East strategy expert Mark Langfan."

how the F do they even find these people. thats not a military company(or is it?) so how would they know to contact this specific person lol.

Middle East strategy expert = best liar and story teller?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Makes sense,keeping the Shia/Sunni balance in the region,Iraq is very concerned with the outcome of the Syrian conflict,i would not be surprised to see a military alliance between Iraq and Iran and even Pakistan if the Syria's govt falls.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Haha, the latter part of your post made me reel in laughter. Without Middle Eastern oil, the world would fall in a blink of an eye, unless they managed to negotiate with African countries to negotiate making up the loss of Middle Eastern oil.

In short, no chance.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
IT'll take more than 50k Iranian troops to take over the US Green Zone, which houses the US Embassy.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I had to check the source.

No offense but this story reads like a horribly written B-Rated low budget action flick.

I won't be holding my breath.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Avatar......your ideas are as sane as the man you quoted ....Kissinger.....Israel will be around alot longer than you or Iraq, Iran, or any M/E country...Your history knowledge would tell you that , however your prejudice cramps your intellect....Iran will not confront the USA......won't happen. And, Maliki is insane and not around for much longer..He is a pawn....This also is not about Israel or the Jews........so many of you Jew Haters are sickening.......
Ricky Revere........the enemy is here.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

www.google.com...:ISR&dl=en&hl=en&q=population%20of%20israel well i dont think thats quite accurate as there are only 7 million Israelis living there and at last count the usa had over 280million fire arms i dont think they have anywhere near the amount of fire arms that the usa has,they do probably have a higher percentage of their population then ours that would be drafted in event of war but no they dont have more guns then the usa

but i will agree that they wont be going any where any time soon

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Israels not going anywhere soon boys.....
Yer gonna have to root the Israeli people out one at a time......never happen....n armed force in the world could afford those casualties....
Theres more guns in Isreali hands than all the us gun nuts put together maybe...good lck movng that crowd out of Jerusalem let alone Israel.
Id bet the isaelis have the best airforce and pilots of all the surrounding countries together...with more and better aircraft too (thanks to Dov Zakheim selling US fghters to Isreal for scrap prices....by the squadron)
Theres few countries who would dare pick a fight with them...even Turkey is shy......

No, there is not "more guns in Israeli hands" than the U.S.

Israel has a population of around 7.5 million.

The U.S.A. has approx. 280 million guns.

That means, for Israel to have more guns, each person would need to have in excess of 30 weapons.

Iran might go for this. I mean, with Syria about to fall, what better way to slow down the inevitable conflict than by getting Iraq onside?
Iraq and Syria both wanted to unify into one nation (Kingdom of Iraq) before Saddam, but never reached a conclusion. If Iran negotiates a unity, we could see a state with Syrian chemicals, Iraqi wealth and an alliance/border with Iran

Imagine being a FSA rebel, and thinking "any day now Assad will be gone." then boom. Iraqi forces help to put down this domestic problem.
Iraq could get a land grab, and Syria (Assad) would get a way out of this mess alive. It's pretty win-win.

It's unlikely to happen though.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
how ironic would it be that we leave after re-arming and training the iraqi's just to have them side with Iran. we just don't learn from the past do we.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

Haha, the latter part of your post made me reel in laughter. Without Middle Eastern oil, the world would fall in a blink of an eye, unless they managed to negotiate with African countries to negotiate making up the loss of Middle Eastern oil.

No a lot of people would be depressed and whiny.
Some of us though would simply think "oh cool, I've always loved the medieval ages".
Seriously, no lie ATS - The things i would do to ride a horse down the road (and have that be acceptable), are numerous.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Anything is plausible in the middle east at this point. Not sure if any of you guys have been in downtown Baghdad lately, but there is very strong support for Iran there. There are large billboards up now that have Ayatollah Khomeini pictured on oneside and Mohammed Sadeq Al Sadr on the other. Mohammed Sadeq Al Sadr is the father of Muqtada Al Sadr. On the billboards they are smiling offering hope to the Shi-ite population of Iraq. There is also a very strong Iranian influence in Southern Iraq, particularly in the Basra AO.

With that said, the article mentions that after the foriegn embassies in Baghdad have been taken, the Iranian forces would be pushed out to the west and to the north. To the west you have a larger sunni population and to the north you have oil rich Kurdistan.

You should also consider other points in the article such as allowing the Iranians to take the US Embassy staff. It would not be the first time that Iran took US Embassy staff. Iran is trying to develop a nuclear weapon, they could possibly hold the US at bay with the threat of killing another US Ambassador on Obamas watch while they finish up their development.

There are a lot of moving parts here and things could get very complicated very quickly if there is any merit to this article. I can definitely see advantages for Iraq and Iran to make an agreement such as this. On top of that, if Russia backs the play as well, then I would seriously become worried.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If Americans or any others try to run rats and destabilize Iraq and the region, I am sure that Iranians will teach them a lesson not to be forgotten soon...Israelis better watch out,this ain't no west bank.Their presence can not be tolerated any where near Iranian borders.Same goes for the Saudis as well.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Iraq is as good as gone; divided into three parts. Kurdistan will be fighting Turkey. Sunni Iraq will be incorporated into Jordan if Jordan is still around and the Iraq's Shiite will run amok against Saudi Arabia and the Gulf's States if enough weapons are at their disposal. Israel is shiiting bricks now that USA is distancing itself from them.

Oh man, they sure live in interesting times...

top topics

join