It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penelope Soto, Miami Teen, Flips Off Judge And Gets A Month In Jail

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

By what authority? I would have been pissed as well!

Well, anyone would have been angry, but to then swear and stick your middle finger up at him while in that position in the first place? No, some respect is needed and a lesson at the school of hard knocks is just what the doctor ordered in my opinion.

Actions have consequences, always - Hopefully it's a lesson learnt for this one.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Yeah, I'm torn on this as well. Not that she didn't deserve to be punished, but putting her in jail with other criminals may only help her to be a better criminal. I wish he could have been more creative with his punishment. Heck, he could have made her stand outside on a busy street corner, every day for a month, holding a sign that says, "I am a rude spoiled brat"

edit on 10-2-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

That's considered cruel and unusual punishment.

The fines imposed by the judge fall within the maximum penalties for her charges. The additional charge of contempt will have a separate court date, but if she's smart, she'll plead guilty and probably get the contempt dropped.

Well, if she was my daughter, and I found out she was acting that way - I wouldn't have a problem making her do that. It would be better than forcing her to be in close proximity to more hardened criminals.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Having an attitude in court is.

Again, he raised her bond from what was probably the minimum penalty to maximum penalty. Well within his powers. Don't ever get in trouble for anything. I can tell by your attitude you'd end up just like Ms. Soto. And maybe you should.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's not her fine, it was her bail amount. There is a difference.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

You could still have her do that as parental punishment. Parents don't get to decide verdicts and punishments via the courtroom, however.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Whatever

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A spoiled brat indeed, but I think a month in jail for uttering a swear word is a bit extreme. He's a judge yes, but he's still just a human. And it isn't as if the swear word has harmed or affected him in any way, sticks and stones and all that.

When corporal punishment was abolished and they renamed it 'child abuse' is when it all started going wrong. When I grew up there were consequences for bad and unacceptable behaviour, but nowdays kids can have their parents in court on child-abuse charges, just cos they got a clip round the ear.

So now, many kids are raised with no consequences for anything they do wrong, and the law lets them run riot until they're older and out of control, and then jails them.

Many kids are raised by non-relatives in daycare these days, by strangers who don't love them like parents do, and who are only doing the job to help pay bills at home, and I'm wondering what these daycare kids will turn out like after they've grown up without the loving attention of neither parent early in their lives. It isn't natural.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Whatever

Lol.................

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkYogi

Originally posted by cody599

Whatever

Lol.................

Sorry couldn't resist it

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Charging her with contempt is also a message to everyone else in the courtroom to respect the rules of the courtroom.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

So he doesn't like her attitude and raise's her fine by $5000, is having an attitude a crime? By what authority? I would have been pissed as well!

As shocking a concept as some may find it, some people are better than ourself. Some people are stronger, more powerful, richer, more beautiful or smarter.

To go through life displaying such foolish arrogance is quite simply stupid.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I read the comments, and one of them said he dropped the bail back down to $5000. She went back to the judge and apologized so he reduced her sentence to time served. He admitted he lost his temper.

I think it is a pretty good outcome. Just a few days to give her a little scare, and maybe she will think twice about mouthing off in a serious situation. But then again, maybe not. Hopefully her parents don't accept her back home with loving arms and boo boo kisses to make it alright. There are some parents out there that really are not doing their kids any favors.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
So this is my last comment. Everybody is missing the point, i have been in this situation many times when i was younger. She's a young a girl, she's obviously nervous, she's thinking who the hell is this guy (Corporate shill) What right has he to judge me (None since im sure she didn't willing consent to her human right's being taken away). He's laughing with her, she doesn't realise she's about to be shafted, she thinks it's a joke. After all the Judge is laughing! How much is your jewellery worth he asks her, a lot she say's, any young person would say this, it's all about street cred! Remember she already said she make's $200 Dollars a week...........$200 Dollars a week!!! OK he say's $5000 Dollars, you can sell your jewellery to pay it he laugh's, HE THINKS IT'S A JOKE!!! WHAT'S SO FUNNY? IS THIS NOT A SERIOUS SITUATION FOR THE DEFENDANT? How much does he think the jewellery is worth, she only earns $200 Dollars a week!!! Being young she exercise's her right to show her feeling's after being shafted, as i said before she's not been brainwashed enough to accept his authority, you know like some of you obviously are. So she does, he doesn't like it, after all he's a (Corporate) Judge and she's a nobody. So he exercises his authority over her again (Authority she hasn't consciously given) and give's her 30 day's because you see you can't question authority, you can't question the Government, shut up and pay up! Only she did because she's young, she still has that sense of Freedom, that sense of im a person and i am as good as anyone! If we all had her attitude we could end this madness.............

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This girl was clearly still under the influence of some type of substance. Either that or there is some type of underlying mental illness going on.

Or she's just a complete jackass.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

So this is my last comment. Everybody is missing the point, i have been in this situation many times when i was younger. She's a young a girl, she's obviously nervous, she's thinking who the hell is this guy (Corporate shill) What right has he to judge me (None since im sure she didn't willing consent to her human right's being taken away). He's laughing with her, she doesn't realise she's about to be shafted, she thinks it's a joke. After all the Judge is laughing! How much is your jewellery worth he asks her, a lot she say's, any young person would say this, it's all about street cred! Remember she already said she make's $200 Dollars a week...........$200 Dollars a week!!! OK he say's $5000 Dollars, you can sell your jewellery to pay it he laugh's, HE THINKS IT'S A JOKE!!! WHAT'S SO FUNNY? IS THIS NOT A SERIOUS SITUATION FOR THE DEFENDANT? How much does he think the jewellery is worth, she only earns $200 Dollars a week!!! Being young she exercise's her right to show her feeling's after being shafted, as i said before she's not been brainwashed enough to accept his authority, you know like some of you obviously are. So she does, he doesn't like it, after all he's a (Corporate) Judge and she's a nobody. So he exercises his authority over her again (Authority she hasn't consciously given) and give's her 30 day's because you see you can't question authority, you can't question the Government, shut up and pay up! Only she did because she's young, she still has that sense of Freedom, that sense of im a person and i am as good as anyone! If we all had her attitude we could end this madness.............

I'm 46 tomorrow
I still have that sense of freedom that 18 year old Cody abused so much.
I've taken a days holiday and intend to do something that 18 year old me would approve of
If I end up in court who cares ?
Damn I thought that midlife crisis was over
Off for a ride tomorrow people come hell or high water.
Cody time.................. I love it

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Total Bollocks!

She had *everything* coming to her, accept it or not, EVERYTHING was from her own actions.

You don't effing go in court high/drunk which she obviously was (and now even admitted), at some point almost fell, unable to answer a simple question about the worth of her jewelry since the judge wanted to set a bail amount.

Rather, the whole thing was a big effing joke to her, it was so funny that she kept laughing all throughout the hearing and then left with a cheerful "ADIOS!" which was the small thing that finally brought the judge over the edge, rightfully IN MY OPINION.

She COULD HAVE LEFT that hearing with the bail set, case closed, go home and everyone happy. The fact she did not is HER OWN fault and not the "corporate government" or whatever nonsense you are trying to say there.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

She's a young a girl, she's obviously nervous, she's thinking who the hell is this guy (Corporate shill) What right has he to judge me (None since im sure she didn't willing consent to her human right's being taken away).

How much is your jewellery worth he asks her, a lot she say's, any young person would say this, it's all about street cred!

Only she did because she's young, she still has that sense of Freedom, that sense of im a person and i am as good as anyone! If we all had her attitude we could end this madness.............

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join