It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson to Fugitive Murderer - "I feel your pain"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Jesse Jackson posted this on his facebook page -

*Dear Christopher Dorner,

I understand your feelings of hurt and pain. I make this plea to you to stop spreading the pain, the hurt, and the fear. Please stop. Don’t take any more lives.

Christopher, your mother is distraught and deeply concerned for your safety. There are many good and credible people in Los Angeles who will help you. Danny J. Bakewell Sr. (The Los Angeles Sentinel’s Executive Publisher/CEO) ,Bishop Noel Jones, Bishop Kenneth Ulmer and Rev. Charles Singleton are all individuals I know personally. I promise that they will gladly receive you.

I will do whatever I can do for you without hesitation. Please contact me through Danny Bakewell at the L.A. Sentinel

Language Warning ...
Christopher Dorners Manifesto
Dorner describese himself as a victim of liars and racists and he uses this paragraph to describe himself ... of course leaving out that he's a multiple murderer of innocent people

I’m not an aspiring rapper, I’m not a gang member, I’m not a dope dealer, I don’t have multiple babies momma’s. I am an American by choice, I am a son, I am a brother, I am a military service member, I am a man who has lost complete faith in the system, when the system betrayed, slandered, and libeled me. I lived a good life and though not a religious man I always stuck to my own personal code of ethics, ethos and always stuck to my shoreline and true North. I didn’t need the US Navy to instill Honor, Courage, and Commitment in me but I thank them for re-enforcing it. It’s in my DNA

The dude actually thinks he's a good guy. But all the while his manifesto is full of anti-asian, anti-lesbian, anti-hispanic, rhetoric and promises to kill more innocent people. He even mentions the children of those he intends to kill, telling them that their parents aren't good people.

THIS is the fella that Jesse Jackson says .. "I feel your pain"??

So .. was that him trying to be helpful to bring in a murderer .. sounding all nice and warm and pastor-like? Or was it him painting himself and the murderer as co-victims of discrimination? Or is Jackson exploiting a situation to try to keep himself relevant or what? There is discussion on the internet over this ... so feel free to add your thoughts on it here at ATS.

Me? I hope to God it's Jackson just playing 'pastor' for a change and trying to get the fella to feel comfortable with him to help resolve the situation. Because if what he said is true ..that he 'feels the pain' just like Dorner ... then only God can help Jesse Jackson !!

My prediction ... this Dorner fella will have to be 'taken out'.
He's psychotic and dangerous.
The only 'good ending' for this will be the death of the Dorner fella.
edit on 2/10/2013 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Way to misquote him.

Anyway, Jesse's statement is just a broad approach because his name was mentioned in the manifesto.

The killings DO need to stop, and Dorner needs to turn himself in. Not sure where Jesse's got it differently than that.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Actually, a lot of members of ATS have expressed sympathy for Dorner, similar to Jackson. Some have even been rooting for him.

Personally, I totally get his rage against the machine - but his tactics are abhorrent.

The funny thing is, the US government has typically supported or even supplied people or groups who rise up against corrupt regimes in other countries...
edit on 2/10/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The funny thing is, the US government has typically supported or even supplied people or groups who rise up against corrupt regimes in other countries...
reply to post by kosmicjack

How do we gain perspective on whats happening to know how to react? What should america be doing right now? Is this the start of something bigger?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Way to misquote him.

That's a lie. I didn't misquote anything. That's EXACTLY what Jesse Jackson said.
(I posted his facebook posting .. it's there .. exactly what he said)
It is my hope that this is an outreach by a pastor.
However, there are others who think it's just Jackson looking for attention.

edit on 2/10/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Personally, I totally get his rage against the machine - but his tactics are abhorrent.

That's where I am on this.

I get his frustration. But I think he has snapped. You don't shoot innocent people and say you are going to go on a killing spree of other innocent people. And you don't address the children of your victims and tell them that, even though their dead parents are going to get honors by the police dept, their parents were really bad people.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Way to misquote him.

That's a lie. I didn't misquote anything. That's EXACTLY what Jesse Jackson said.

It is my hope that this is an outreach by a pastor.
However, there are others who think it's just Jackson looking for attention.

"I feel your pain"
"I understand your feelings of hurt and pain"

So not only did you misquote, you then lied about it. What exactly wasthe point of this thread? Just more racist news you found on another site and copied here?

www.google.com...

Yep, look at all those racist sources.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Jackson didn't say, "I feel your pain". He said he UNDERSTANDS the guy's hurt and pain. It's called empathy. UNDERSTANDING someone else's feelings. It doesn't imply agreement or solidarity or approval, which, I will venture to say, is what the OP is trying to imply. That Jesse Jackson is BAD because he has empathy for a killer.

This is just to rag on Jesse Jackson ... Not sure why. It doesn't surprise me that a preacher - a follower of Jesus, who, by the way, had empathy for all sorts of criminals and morally reprehensible people, would also be able to have some empathy.

We could use a little more empathy in this world, if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

So not only did you misquote, you then lied about it.

No .. it is the title from the article. That is what we are supposed to do ... quote the title exactly when possible. If you have a problem with the title quote .. take it up with the people who wrote the title to the article.

What exactly wasthe point of this thread?

Did you read the opening post .. or were you too busy getting all upset for no reason? The opening post said clearly what the question of this thread is ... Here it is again ...

So .. was that him trying to be helpful to bring in a murderer .. sounding all nice and warm and pastor-like? Or was it him painting himself and the murderer as co-victims of discrimination? Or is Jackson exploiting a situation to try to keep himself relevant or what? There is discussion on the internet over this ... so feel free to add your thoughts on it here at ATS.

And then i said that I hoped it was Jackson being a real 'pastor' for a change and that he's trying to get the fella to feel comfortable so he can help resolve the situation.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Jackson didn't say, "I feel your pain".

It's the title of the article. That's why it's in as title of the thread.

As I said, I hope this is Jackson trying to gain some footing with the fella so as to bring this situation to a close without any more bloodshed. But as I said .. others think differently. So this thread is where people can discuss Jacksons motives ... either way.

ETA -

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It doesn't imply agreement or solidarity or approval, which, I will venture to say, is what the OP is trying to imply.

Ya' know .. you do this alot. :shk: And you are always wrong. If you had read the opening post you'd see that I said that I hope he's doing this to gain trust with the fella so as to bring this to a 'good end'. YOUR statement here is implying something onto me that simply is not there.
edit on 2/10/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I read your OP, and you reiterated the misquote.

EDIT: Also, no one forced you to post this non-story. You didn't have to quote the article headline.
edit on 10-2-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Dude .. it's the title of the article. Deal with it.

I posted what Jesse Jackson said .. ALL OF IT.
I clearly put what he said on his facebook page.
HIS EXACT QUOTE IS THERE FOR ALL TO SEE.

Now, instead of a petty back and forth about nothing, how about you answer the question of the topic - Is Jackson being a good pastor and reaching out, or is it something else?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Based on his words, he's reaching out to Dorner so he can turn himself in.

Based on Breitbart and whatever other racist news you read, Jesse Jackson and Obama himself are going to help Dorner kill white people.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Also, no one forced you to post this non-story.

Some people will see this as worthy of discussion.
If YOU don't want to discuss it .. then move on.

You didn't have to quote the article headline.

Actually .. that is exactly what we are supposed to do when ever possible.
Go look at the rules and posting suggestions by management.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Based on his words, he's reaching out to Dorner so he can turn himself in.

At this time, that's what I come up with.
Charlie Sheen has also reached out because Dorner mentioned him in a rant.

Based on Breitbart and whatever other racist news you read, Jesse Jackson and Obama himself are going to help Dorner kill white people.

Here's the link to Breitbart .. and their comment

The lesson seems clear. If you murder in the name of left-wing causes, paint yourself to be a victim of discrimination and site liberal ideology in your crazed manifesto, you have a friend in Jesse.

Wanna point out where in that comment the writer is saying that Jesse Jackson and Obama are going to help Dorner kill white people??? Good luck with that.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Right now, the MOST critical issue is to reach out to Dorner, get him to come in from the cold, as he is armed and dangerous, and had tasted blood figuritively.

No matter the provocations or justifications, innocent humans had been summararily executed by him, and worse, the LAPD is literally out for his blood as proven by their insanity of piling bullets into civilians just because of suspicion which are NEVER the tradecraft of police procedure.

The bloodbath by both sides must end, and if anyone can reach out to him, it would be much appreciated by all, to see justice finally being resolved through a FAIR trial for all.

Dorner probably at this stage believes that all is lost, and he existance is to take as many cops as possible with him. Such are the ways when animals are cornered without any exit. So too humans whom had lost all rationality.

He must know that taking more lives as well as his is NOT the end. Nor is he the judge, jury and executioner rolled into one that he can freely slay innocent men whom are only doing their duty.

If justice was the reason of his current action, then he must let true justice takes its course, by surrendering to authorities whom will not fire upon him, but give him a fair trial to speak up for redress of justice, to help others. He was a decent man once, a war hero who saved lives. Justice need not be served this way. Live and let live. Murders must be paid, but no one needs to die, for redemption is avaliable for all mankind. A mortal ending is not and is never an answer.

May he be reached.

edit on 10-2-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Right now, the MOST critical issue is to reach out to Dorner, get him to come in from the cold, as he is armed and dangerous, and had tasted blood figuritively.

Very true.

Charlie Sheen Releases Video Telling Christopher Dorner "thank you, call me"
Some people are saying that Sheen is looking for attention by doing this.
I highly doubt it. He has enough attention and enough money, etc etc.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
***ATTENTION PLEASE***

The topic of this thread is

Lets knock off the bickering and personal arguments and stay on topic please

Remember we Go after the ball not the player.

Thank you,

DaveSpanners
ATS Moderator

Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
ATS Terms & Conditions
YOU are responsible for your own posts.
ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
How Not To Be Banned From ATS...Or, A Word About Politeness.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
He's trying to get him to turn himself in. Perfectly responsible to do so. Reading more into this is wishful thinking.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

But all the while his manifesto is full of anti-asian, anti-lesbian, anti-hispanic, rhetoric

The guy is a dirtbag, but this is just a lie.

His manifesto is not filled with any such thing, it is filled with hate towards the LAPD. He does call out officers of each of those groups and why he deems them targets, but it is not filled with any thing like you say.

THIS is the fella that Jesse Jackson says .. "I feel your pain"??

Any person with a competent reading comprehenshion can see that Jesse Jackson is attempting to do what every negotiator tries to do...relate with the suspect to establish some trust.

And yes, there is still ugly racial discrimination in this country, it does not give someone an excuse to go on a murderous rampage, but that does nto mean that Jesse Jackson can not acknowledge the issues that lead up to this guy going on his rampage.

You can support someones cause without supporting their actions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join