It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A weird, big black animal...?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
I have concerns op, not because of the bb gun , shoot we use to play
war with them growing up and shoot each other. Most bb guns really dont
do much but sting a little.

What worry's me, is if that was a bear or large animal and you had hit it, i think
odds are you would of just ticked it off. Then been in real trouble.
I've had to stand my ground against a few bear, and i have to tell ya, it's some scary
crap. I'm just glad both times they decided to back off.
One charged and stopped about 12-15' away before it changed it's mind.

Yelling and being loud was a very wise choice. It would of done more to scare off what
ever it was than the bbgun ever could.

With more and more population moving into what use to be woods, animals are getting much
braver and bolder and going into populated area's where they didnt use to go.

Good luck hunting, hope you get a taste for it and make it a tradition. Learn all you can,
and be the best you can. (not biggest trophy hunter, ethical hunter.).

I'm glad your story did not end up with a trip to the ER from the animal.

I was thinking about that when I was out there. A bb gun wouldn't have stopped it. i was making noise and shooting at it hoping to scare it off... That's why I told me sister to RUN like hell.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by infiltraitor

Oh yeah... and screw the military.

Screw the military that defends your right to carry a weapon? Screw the military that defends your freedom, and allows you to go about your live as you see fit to live it?

I'm lost for words, other than that you're coming across a little petty and insulting to that other poster.

You didn't aim, you took several shots at what you thought you heard. How can you aim at what you cannot see?

And I'm British, so is there a point to you asking him that too?
edit on 21-2-2013 by infiltraitor because: (no reason given)

i hate to break it to you, but war is a racket, for financial gain and the spread of industry. It's not to "protect your freedoms" like they burn into your head from the cradle.

i've seen family members jade and buckle under the pressure and the power given to them by their beloved military.

The military, who kill citizens, including children, rape their women, then have the balls to outwardly say that it's for the demeaning of the opposing society and culture in that war... the military, who raped and beat innocent people in MY country during the hurricane...

My little brother was given a vaccination by the military as a baby, then grew up with autism. Coincidence? Really? I don't have autism in my family.

Yes.

Screw that military.

Actually it wasn't fine. It was stupid. Shows a disregard for firearm safety. What if it was bear and you took out its eye/ Would that make you feel good or something? Don't shoot at things you can't identify and don't shoot animals you don't plan on eating.

You, along with half the other whiners on this thread, need to QUIT whining about how I handle a bb gun.

It is a damn toy. Nothing more. The fact that you all think I would use a real, lethal firearm in the same manner that I handle a bb gun are completely ignorant.

Why don't I handle a bb gun the way I would if it was a real gun?

Because... uh... it's NOT a real gun?

No one else travels through those woods, except on a trail that was about half a mile to our east, which was no where near the direction I was aiming. i was not aiming near the direction of houses. So, yes, I was aiming.

God, the close mindedness is suffocating... its giving me cancer.

edit on 21-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
since some in this thread have apparently lost the ability to stay on topic, and have by all appearances lost the ability to be polite...

This thread is closed pending staff review.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join