It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A weird, big black animal...?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

After twenty years in Mississippi - just south of Memphis - I'll bet it was a Russian boar/pig. My landlord used to shoot them whenever he saw them. I lived in a rural area, but these things are bold and have nearly killed off the AR razorbacks.

And don't feel bad about firing into the woods, it was only a bb gun and if it was a person he should have identified himself rather than scare the wee-wee out of you and your sis.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

Right on.

I kind of wish I could have hunted it, if it was a boar. I'm probrably not good enough to handle a boar... but I'm trying to get the stomach for hunting. Prepping for a more "independent" lifestyle, ya know.

sure, go hunt that boar with your bb gun!!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SproutKY

Originally posted by DaTroof
Wait.... you just fired off your gun blindly into the woods?

BB gun or not, you don't see a problem with this?

Not entirely blindly. I was aiming towards where the noise had come from. It wasn't toward houses or anything.

I wouldn't shoot any kind of gun if I thought I might hit a person by accident.

Besides, I've been shot with that exact bb gun at point blank range a few times. Doesn't do much. It makes a lot of noise when it hits branches, though. I thought those crackling noises might scare the thing off, or at least throw it off the scent.

edit on 10-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

seriously???

Oh for the love of God!!

Glad it was only a bb gun and not an actual gun in the hands of such an immature child

Hopefully you'll never be in position to have an actual gun in your hands

I have been in the situation where I fired guns. A lot. Welcome to the south.

And you know something crazy? No one died.

I'm a teenager. I never claimed to be entirely "mature."

And, like a previous poster stated, shooting a bb gun in a wooded area is fairly safe. You'd know that, if you new anything about bb guns, but...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

This is what concerns me. One day, some fool in a Ghille suit, trying to generate a cheap scare, will wind up with a small, lead pill inserted into their forhead after being mistaken for a real, dangerous creature. Either that or an overly enthusiastic hunter whacks them thinking they've just bagged the worlds first Bigfoot...

I'm still spinning over the fact someone fires (even a BB gun), blindly at noises. Still, with all the gun controversy going on at the moment, it would provide fuel for the "ban them" brigade if someone was injured here. Sigh.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
If she had a double barrel shotgun she probably would of shot that too. People do stupid irrational things when they're frightened.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRiPWiRE

This is what concerns me. One day, some fool in a Ghille suit, trying to generate a cheap scare, will wind up with a small, lead pill inserted into their forhead after being mistaken for a real, dangerous creature. Either that or an overly enthusiastic hunter whacks them thinking they've just bagged the worlds first Bigfoot...

I'm still spinning over the fact someone fires (even a BB gun), blindly at noises. Still, with all the gun controversy going on at the moment, it would provide fuel for the "ban them" brigade if someone was injured here. Sigh.

If she had a double barrel shotgun she probably would of shot that too. People do stupid irrational things when they're frightened.

You're all pretty quick to jump to assumptions. I didn't shoot blindly... I aimed. Said that multiple times. Read the thread.

I'd like to see them try to erect some b-s gun ban out of someone being shot with a bb gun, which, by the way, barely hurts. That would provide even more proof of how pathetic our government is becoming.

Also, FYI, I never said I would try to hunt a boar with a bb gun. I was speaking slightly out of context, just saying I'd like to hunt a boar when I get more experience hunting. Not with a bb gun.

Good work assuming, though. Pretty intelligent.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I hear excuses. I see callous handling of a weapon.

My previous job would have seen me scrubbing latrines for that sort of behaviour.

Besides, I believe you were firing blindly. You couldn't identify your target. You fired blindly at an unidentified target.

Whether it's a BB gun or an AR15 assault rifle, it makes no difference. The anti gun lobby would happily use your story as ammo for their cause.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

You did well to protect your little sis and yourself, do you plan to checkout the site for prints, etc ?

And don't worry about negative comments on shooting, Buy a good hunting gun if you wanna start prepping. Awesome Dog howling noise, now that's a idea.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I got it! I know what the critter was!

Man Bear Pig

He begins firing a shotgun wildly after mistaking wind for ManBearPig

www.youtube.com...

R U N !!!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

I hear excuses. I see callous handling of a weapon.

Because you choose to.

Whether it's a BB gun or an AR15 assault rifle, it makes no difference. The anti gun lobby would happily use your story as ammo for their cause.

Bring it on. I've never hurt anyone with that gun, never even come close.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Trackhunter

Thank ya

I'm actually getting a new firearm soon. Finally gonna get me my 12 gauge.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Good but get a backup handgun in atleast 10mm or 44 mag against two or four legged threats, but remember a photo is still best proof so carry a good cellphone with camera. Take care and see you around forum.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trackhunter

Good but get a backup handgun in atleast 10mm or 44 mag against two or four legged threats, but remember a photo is still best proof so carry a good cellphone with camera. Take care and see you around forum.

A 44 magnum revolver sounds gorgeous.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I think you're lying.

Well, continuing to lie....

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
** GET ON TOPIC **

This isn't a "GUN" thread.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yup- -and I'm pretty sure it wasn't a criptid.

So....... I think we concluded it was either a boar or a bear. Someone said you should look for prints- -If you can't do that than.... I duno.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I think you're lying.

I think you're continuing to troll.

You're really starting to piss me off, dude.

I guess that's okay, though... over the internet, I can't do anything about it. Otherwise, you'd keep your mouth shut and keep your ignorance to yourself.

Think I'm lying? Well prove it.

You can't. Because I'm not.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I think you're lying.

I think you're continuing to troll.

You're really starting to piss me off, dude.

I guess that's okay, though... over the internet, I can't do anything about it. Otherwise, you'd keep your mouth shut and keep your ignorance to yourself.

Think I'm lying? Well prove it.

You can't. Because I'm not.

Seriously, # that guy, and all the other people jumping on you about shooting BB pellets into tree trunks twenty feet in front of you.

Honestly, people who have never touched guns before in their lives think they are just about the most frightening thing in the world, and picking one up just makes people feel so powerful that they just have to shoot everything around them. And BBs, well BBs are capable of ripping huge wounds off of an innocent child, especially when fired from half a kilometer away.
I deal with this stuff a lot having been a clay pigeon/trap shooter myself and talking to Canadians.

I don't have much to say about your sighting except it sounded exciting, but I really think the behavior of people jumping on you over your story is really uncalled for. No one needs your stupid opinion. She's not your kid. God, go home.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Firing into the bush five times blindly at someplace a noise came from?

You should have all your guns removed from your possession, then you should be fined multi thousands of dollars, then you should be put on display both publicly and on the INternet.

People like you give responsible gun owners a bad name.

On a side note : Want to come hunting with me? I'll push bush, you flank anything that sounds. LOL

Not entirely blindly. I was aiming towards where the noise had come from. It wasn't toward houses or anything.

I wouldn't shoot any kind of gun if I thought I might hit a person by accident.

Besides, I've been shot with that exact bb gun at point blank range a few times. Doesn't do much. It makes a lot of noise when it hits branches, though. I thought those crackling noises might scare the thing off, or at least throw it off the scent.

edit on 10-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join