Lockheed HAVE BLUE demonstrator in flight-RARE footage

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by StargateSG7
And regarding my favorite "SR-117a" super-duper secret spy plane...If I can think it,
somebody has probably already done it! Ergo, it's my party and I can name a spyplane
anything I like....so.....GO SR-117a !!! even IF it doesn't look ANYTHING LIKE an F-117!

Well if that's the case, then why don't we all just name some random plane. If we think it then it obviously exists!

The T-38 was used as a chase by NASA, and for some Air Force projects, but the ones out of Holloman were used as trainers.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

The T-38 was used as a chase by NASA, and for some Air Force projects, but the ones out of Holloman were used as trainers.

Trainers for what? Are the Holoman T-38 any different from a stock T-38. My understanding of the F-117 is they never had a real two-seater trainer. It was just train on the simulator then baptism by fire.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

And regarding my favorite "SR-117a" super-duper secret spy plane...If I can think it,
somebody has probably already done it! Ergo, it's my party and I can name a spyplane
anything I like....so.....GO SR-117a !!! even IF it doesn't look ANYTHING LIKE an F-117!

Well if that's the case, then why don't we all just name some random plane. If we think it then it obviously exists!

----

RIGHTO !!!

I hereby convene this session of the wonderfully official sounding:

"Unites States Strategic Aerospace Vehicle Naming Special Interest Group - USSAVN-SIG"

with ONE current member and an OPEN invitation for all others to join by
offering THEIR favorite monikers for previous, current and future secretive
or public aircraft and/or space vehicles.

After my current contribute of "SR-117a",
I hereby declare and propose the following
code names for these aircraft.

Twin-seat Avatar-like Tilting Turbofan Chopper: Blue Vengeance

Jet-engined AC-130-like Gunship: Plumb Chucker

Light Flying Jeep with Water-capable Planing Hull Undercarriage: Jump-Shark

Twin Engine flying surf-board: Def Cloud

Rigid-Hull 1000 tonne Giant Mattress-shaped Heavy Cargo Lifter: Dog Bed

Any others?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

They were used for LIFT training, but now the ones at Holloman play Aggressor for the F-22s. I remembered them being used as trainers from there, but I hadn't kept up with the T-38 in a long time. My brother flew in one with the ROTC program one summer from Holloman.

Three of the Holloman aircraft are AT-38s. They have a centerline pylon that allows them to carry pods, and weapons. They belong to a test and evaluation unit that flies over White Sands evaluating different systems. The T-38s for awhile were used as trainers before the F-117s went there. There was no actual F-117 trainer aircraft (two seat F-117), similar to how the A-10, F-22, and eventually F-35 won't have an actual trainer. When the F-117 pilots were qualifying, they used T-38s as chase planes to help them out. The T-38 was also used to get landing currency prior to going to Tonopah for computer and simulator training.
edit on 3/18/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

I have to admit, that grey one is just down right sexy!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Yes, Have Blue is aesthetically speaking more attractive than F-117.

But take a look at this german stealth project: MBB Lampyridae (from early 1980´s)

www.rp-one.net...

There is a saying that Tacit Blue was flight tested (the kind that never happened) as near as less than 40 miles from soviet airspace between Siberia and Alasca. And it was not detected by the soviets.

new topics
top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join