It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bills being put forth in Montana legislature pro gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The following are bills that are going through the process in montana right now.
It is good to see a state (My state) for a change with some what pro gun views.
Out of all of these i hope HB304 passes without delay. We can already carry
in the woods without a CCW permit, but this would open up to carry anywhere without
a permit. (anywhere except the usual non allowed locations, Court house etc.)
I for one will be keeping a close eye on them, and am glad a state is starting to follow
the constitution and not create their own plan. Granted there is more that could be changed,
but with all the Anti gun laws being passed, it is nice to see some in favor of the gun owner
get a chance to take hold.

House Bill 240, sponsored by state Representative Cary Smith (R-55), is known as the “Higher Education Rights Restoration Act.” Among other constitutional protections, this bill would limit the authority of the Board of Regents and University System to regulate firearms. HB 240 is scheduled to be heard by the House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, January 12, at 8:00 a.m. in hearing room 137.

The following bills, sponsored by state Representative Krayton Kerns (R-58), are scheduled to be heard by the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, February 13, at 8:00 a.m. in hearing room 137:

House Bill 205 would legalize the use of suppressors for all hunting. For more information on firearms and suppressors,

House Bill 304 would eliminate the need for a concealed weapon permit within city limits, which is already the law outside city limits. HB 304 would only apply to individuals who are “eligible to possess a handgun under state or federal law.”

House Bill 358 would allow concealed weapon permit holders to carry a concealed firearm in banks, government buildings, restaurants and other places that serve alcohol; open carrying is currently allowed in these places.

Additionally, House Bill 384, sponsored by state Representative Jerry O’Neil (R-3), was heard today by the House Judiciary Committee. This bill would provide clarification for suspension and expulsion procedures, and also provide that a firearm locked in a vehicle on school grounds does not constitute possession. This is an important legislative fix and protection for students who have firearms in their vehicles for hunting and shooting sport purposes. Action could be taken on this bill soon.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Posted links to the actual bills so people can see for themselves....

HOUSE BILL NO. 240

HOUSE BILL NO. 205

HOUSE BILL NO. 304

HOUSE BILL NO. 358

HOUSE BILL NO. 384

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Thank you. I was going to do some digging and find them all,
you beat me to it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Its the INTP in me (personality trait). You gave the summaries straight from the bills for the most part but I believe in going to the actual source. This way, when people opine about the bills they can do so regarding what is out there and not what some talking head has told them to think.

Good catch on all these by the way. Glad to see Montana pro-active in deciding what is best for Montana, not what the Federal Government thinks is best for Montana.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Notice what is found in the Montana bills that is woefully lacking in the Feinstein bill?

Common sense.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I hope they all pass without hesitation. It would be a great
thumb to the nose to the fed's. And they make sence.

I'll be keeping a eye on them this week to see how they go.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
If you have children, you should probably keep them out of school over there on the Friday before the scheduled vote on these things is to occur. Just saying......

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
So far so good, these bills are looking like they are going to go through.

HB 304
(H) Committee Executive Action--Bill Passed 02/15/2013 12 YES 8 No
laws.leg.mt.gov...$BSRV.ActionQuery?P_SESS=20131&P_BLTP_BILL_TYP_CD=&P_BILL_NO=&P_BILL_DFT_NO=LC1042&P_CHPT_NO=&Z_ACTION=Find&P_SB JT_SBJ_CD=&P_ENTY_ID_SEQ=

HB240
(H) Committee Executive Action--Bill Passed 02/15/2013 12 Yes 8 No
laws.leg.mt.gov...$BSRV.ActionQuery?P_SESS=20131&P_BLTP_BILL_TYP_CD=&P_BILL_NO=&P_BILL_DFT_NO=LC0715&P_CHPT_NO=&Z_ACTION=Find&P_SB JT_SBJ_CD=&P_ENTY_ID_SEQ=

HB205
(H) Committee Executive Action--Bill Passed 02/15/2013 12 YES 8 No
laws.leg.mt.gov...$BSRV.ActionQuery?P_SESS=20131&P_BLTP_BILL_TYP_CD=&P_BILL_NO=&P_BILL_DFT_NO=LC1233&P_CHPT_NO=&Z_ACTION=Find&P_SB JT_SBJ_CD=&P_ENTY_ID_SEQ=

HB358
laws.leg.mt.gov...$BSRV.ActionQuery?P_SESS=20131&P_BLTP_BILL_TYP_CD=&P_BILL_NO=&P_BILL_DFT_NO=LC1041&P_CHPT_NO=&Z_ACTION=Find&P_SB JT_SBJ_CD=&P_ENTY_ID_SEQ=

HB384
laws.leg.mt.gov...$BSRV.ActionQuery?P_SESS=20131&P_BLTP_BILL_TYP_CD=&P_BILL_NO=&P_BILL_DFT_NO=LC1672&P_CHPT_NO=&Z_ACTION=Find&P_SB JT_SBJ_CD=&P_ENTY_ID_SEQ=

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Just a update, been watching
HOUSE BILL NO. 304 daily. It cleared the senate and house,
not off to the gov desk for a signature and Montana will be a carry
at will state, concealed or open your choice, no paperwork involved.

House Bill 304
edit on 23-3-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

implying a false flag i assume? unlike a lot of states the schools here are safe and the people reasonably friendly...and armed to the teeth. Nobody would be dumb enough to try shooting up a school out here civilians would get to the shooters LONG before our small local police force (think my town has 12ish cops+highway patrol)

great to see more updates and progress on these bills i have been trying to stay updated on the matter but this thread got me all the bill numbers so i could look at the actual laws,and with Baucus knowing hes up for re-election i would give these bills all a good chance of passing as he remember's clearly what (almost)happend last time he was foolish enough to vote against the 2nd amendment rights of his state

star and flag op (and howdy neighbor)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
MONTANA PRIDE...I love the state its people and its view on the 2nd amendment!!!

top topics

join