Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Are Sandy Hook Children Being "Exploited"?

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Is Hollywood exploiting the students from Newtown?

Yes, yes they are. I'm fed up with this blatant propaganda being force fed to the masses. Constant "reminders" of pain and suffering.

That’s what many are saying after a producer announced a group of students from Sandy Hook Elementary would be featured on E! Entertainment Television’s pre-show for the Grammy’s.

First we had a group of kids from Sandy Hook Elementary sing along with Jennifer Hudson at Super Bowl 47 last Sunday.

Now yet another group will be singing "Call Me Maybe" on the boob tube during a pre-show for the Grammy's just one week later...

It's bad enough that I have a hard time accepting the "official" narrative of the events that transpired that cold December day. Now they subject the world to this nonsense?

What do you think?

Source

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
its propoganda!
plain and simple, keep the kids in the headlines
the more you see them, the more people will agree with the gun grab!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

It would be interesting to know how the whole thing played out in both cases. Someone approached the perfomers to see if hey would be onboard for a SH bit. Someone in charge of production for the shows okayed it....or were told what was expected of them by someone above them.
I feel that there is someone pulling strings to make these things happen. It is something that we will never know the answer to.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well as one of the elites said previously (I forget which one)

"Never let a good crisis go unused!"

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
It is a bit weird only because I could honestly say I have no clue how I would react if this happened to my child(ren), but at the same time if some one asked me to have my child sing in all these events I know exactly how I would feel and it wouldn't be in this direction. I tell them to piss off and let my child go about their lives.

Sadly while I feel there is no deep conspiracy in regards to the incident, these parents are acting in concert to further an agenda even if they are unsuspecting participants in it.

In my view here is what I think: Parent is asked "We want to have a tribute, come to the Super Bowl and your child will sing" -- Okay (I get free Super Bowl tickets!)

Come to this award show and keep supporting your children! -- I get tickets to an award show!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
What a sick, sick country we live in.

What is the intent here other than to keep that incident in the front of everyone's minds? Especially those brave kids.. who bravely.. survived. The symbolism loses me here. Wouldn't this be a major downer? Even if those kids were professional singers there would still be that shock value of "Oh, those are SH survivor's, hush everyone, listen somberly." and while your at it get some big Hollywood actors to stop they're walk down the red carpet and maybe join in while biting they're cheeks really hard. Give a nice big
for the camera..

I decided to look the song up right before I made the reply. Why in gods name would you get 8 year old kids, or that age, elementary, to sing this. How can they relate? I thought kids were suppose to be pure & innocent.. and they're gonna sing this?

I hate child pageantry as it is but this will be ground breakingly despicable.
edit on 10-2-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
them kid's have no formal connection with sandy hook .
www.dailymail.co.uk... Dv1khWE

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

Truly disgusting! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is absolute bull!

That song is very famous and is considered an "earworm". Most people will have it stuck in their head after they hear the kids sing it...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

Truly disgusting! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is absolute bull!

That song is very famous and is considered an "earworm". Most people will have it stuck in their head after they hear the kids sing it...

I hadn't heard it or seen the video. I don't tend to listen to music that is well, awful. That video has more sexual undertones than a Disney movie, and at the end the guy this teenage girl is after turns out to be gay.

Sweeeet.. because thats freedom.

So this little song is stuck in your head with these ideas & images already associated with it, now lets just get some kids from Newtown to sing it, that'll cover the crazy ultra-violent association. What else, what else.. I hope Chris Brown and Justin Bieber are sitting right there with them.

Its wretched, beyond belief, but I guarantee I'll watch it.. because you just can't turn away from a slow motion train wreck. It will have a billion hits on youtube and the top comment will be "smh".

Originally posted by haven123
them kid's have no formal connection with sandy hook .
www.dailymail.co.uk... Dv1khWE

Good catch. I don't think its necessary for there to be a formal connection though so long as there is the association with the location in place. I mean, thats why they picked those kids, because of where they're from. imho

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
when the foundation is built on sand, the house cannot stand.

the hook connects this 'event' to many other similar 'events'.

you are meant to join the dots, but they will be connected soon anyway whether
you manage to do it or not.

i guarantee that the people will never be played again, when the truth of
all this comes out.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Cancelled.

www.courant.com...

Post would not elaborate on why the performance was canceled, but a spokeswoman for the E! Network, in an email to The Courant, cited the winter storm.

"Unfortunately the snowstorm prevented the Newtown Children's Choir from being able to perform during our pre-Grammy coverage," said Sarah Goldstein, a spokeswoman for the E! Network.

Ok.. so Jack Frost has a soul. Cool.

"This was not, and is not, and never was an official Grammy performance," The Recording Academy spokesman Jerry J. Sharell wrote to The Courant via e-mail. "The choir was booked to appear on the E! Network red carpet special via satellite and NOT in L.A. at the Grammys ever."

Whoa there Mr. Sharell, defensive much?

A controversy started Thursday when Robinson told CNN and other media that a handful of parents and community members called her office Wednesday to complain about Post's group for two reasons: that it was being confused with the Sandy Hook choir and because of Post's (Sabrina Post - the music director) history with the school district.

Post is a former Newtown High School choral director who was charged with stealing from the school district, using bogus expense vouchers. She was placed on leave February 2005 and resigned in June 2005 after agreeing to pay back $11,000.

Intahwesting.. so how did she land this gig then?

On Saturday, Newtown's board of selectmen showed support for both choirs.

"We are a community that loves children — all our children; and we are so proud that these young people raise their voices in song to represent us and those who lost their lives on December 14, 2012,"

Selectmen E. Patricia Llodra said Sunday she learned the performance had been canceled after receiving an email sent by Post to the parents involved.

"I am sad for them," Llodra said.

"raise their voices in song to represent us and those who lost their lives" by singing Call Me Maybe?

Idk if this was cancelled by the storm or whether someone put they're foot down. I hope the latter and if so they should give themselves a nice pat on the back for saving us from this terrible, terrible idea.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

I posted a thread just like this. ---> My Thread Regarding This Issue I agree with you 100%.

S&F.

It's funny how not a DAMN person in this country cares what minors think... until a school shooting. Then, suddenly, the naive, innocent, inexperienced, emotionally scarred children know best.

Who needs logic when kids are standing on stage with Obama, crying their eyes out?

God, this emotional blackmailing tactic makes me sick.

Banning assault rifles makes sense, as long as children are crying.

Never mind that the # 1 cause of youth death in this country is suicide, because cutting yourself and mind-altering suicide pills are urged upon our children.

It's the gun's fault that anyone ever dies.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Why would anyone want a bunch of 8 year olds to sing "Call Me Maybe"? That's pretty silly...

new topics

top topics

join