learn more

Enlightenment: Just tell what it is.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

"if you cant explain it to a six year old, you dont understand it yourself" - Einstein

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” Einstein

“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” -Einstein

"everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" - Einstein

Let me just chime in to say that if you agree with those sentiments, then you and the other posters are doing a poor job of upholding that philosophy...... Or was that the inent all along?
edit on 10-2-2013 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You will see light in the darkness.

You will make some sense of it.

When you take your secret journey.

You will find it's love you missed.

Love is the light, light is a product of love. Illumination is being that love.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Paradoxical. You know, like:

You cannot grasp it, nor can you get rid of it.
In not being able to get it, you get it.
When you speak, it is silent.
When you are silent, it speaks.
edit on 10-2-2013 by deometer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Actual state of enlightenment is the raw state of mental awareness, luminous, ecstatical, knowing it knows nothing, sees things, knows everything, aware, undefiled, not deluded, 'place of consistent return,' permanent in between, whats revealed to remain final when falsehood evaporates. If you have an unsoiled heart and you have a habit of thinking, its natural and easy, because it really is, not because i say so, and not in ''theory.''

Everyone is enlightened say, half the day. Real reality is always accessible. Truth is everywhere, buddhism is like a black belt to Bruce lee. I'm convinced most Buddhists never found ATS and decided to troll the world. Can someone tell me which pre issued copy of buddhist doctrine the buddha used to achieve enlightenment? snickers.

In my experience if you haven't achieved it naturally by age twenty then its not meant for you, because your mind is supposed to naturally spin itself out, assuming you've been attending to your mind to carry out what its suppose to do; think. if you're like most people, you haven't, thats ok too, people become enlightened by living hardcore truth and having ultimate balls, not everyone is born with that, and it doesn't matter anyways. all paths are the same, they lead nowhere, just be yourself and follow your heart.

no delusion, no religion, no worship, no fashion, no seeking, no desiring, no ritual, no excess, no baggage, no fakery, no fake action, no wrong view, no false relationship, no plastic thought, integrity, fairness, righteousness, compassion, good will, good heart. These are things you are or you don't live, you can't switch when no ones looking, and you have nothing to switch in to when people expect something, When I lost some money on the train the other day, the first thing I thought was, ''someones gonna catch a bonus tonight'' you're not attached to anything, how could you be? everything is what it is you accept the truth of every situation wholeheartedly. You've long since thought through, ahem, ''meditated'' on the nature of things and being that you have a pure heart, if you have a pure heart, you will think correctly, and thinking correctly leads to understanding and realization.

This state is for intensive purposes, ''permanent,'' as it is affixed once it is uncovered, but it changes too in time. It is something, but its actually nothing, I was about to say, ''when I think about it'' but there really is no such thing as thinking when you exist saturaed in fulfillment of whatever truth and knowledge is available. You don't even refer to anything, you just are, you just know, because truth after truth you follow. It is something separate from you but you are one with it, you know it, yet you are wholly unfamiliar with. I used to think these were awful explanations from Buddhists, and they probably still are but I don't know how else to describe it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

In my experience if you haven't achieved it naturally by age twenty then its not meant for you, because your mind is supposed to naturally spin itself out, assuming you've been attending to your mind to carry out what its suppose to do; think. if you're like most people, you haven't, thats ok too, people become enlightened by living hardcore truth and having ultimate balls, not everyone is born with that, and it doesn't matter anyways. all paths are the same, they lead nowhere, just be yourself and follow your heart.

Number one, you're here perfecting Love, overcoming faults and problems from the past, and while it is Flow, it takes the lessons and work to accomplish. If you even toe in by 20 you're a very rare one indeed. Usually this takes silver hairs, raising kids, loving folk, helping your neighbor. Its not a lone wolf thing at all.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Accepting yogi's will be hard at the moment but great efforts will be made to steer you in the correct direction, away from me, and towards your head and heart.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Enlightenment isn't about accepting yogi's or great ones come down, its the actually the call for many, in the school. And why they're in the school, to learn. Not the pryamid, scarsity, winterland and lower level hellzones associated, but the inverted, challice, progression/abundance and infinite family That means infinite many, each becoming. Not infinite many shrinking under leadership of the few. We're not waiting for a wise one, we're all called.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Number one, you're here perfecting Love, overcoming faults and problems from the past, and while it is Flow, it takes the lessons and work to accomplish. If you even toe in by 20 you're a very rare one indeed. Usually this takes silver hairs, raising kids, loving folk, helping your neighbor. Its not a lone wolf thing at all.

Sorry, i don't understand. I'm what? Whatever you say is wrong because you're not me and I'm not you so its incorrect to assume anyone knows anything about anyone else. You're incorrect it did not take the Buddha lessons and books and surrah and a whole mess of confusion, it took self reflection and mental application. Where are you getting this information, you're following conjecture my friend. Sincerely ,sincerely doubt anyone that has realized such an attainment will attribute the experience to what you speak of,''studying, droning, raising kids.'' You've been following bogus buddhas if that's what they've taught you, sounds like a horror story.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Buddha? It took him a long time actually. He left his wife and children, and went the wrong roots, starving, austere, until he finally learnt balance. This wasn't done by 20. Plus, abandoning family is not really profound.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Enlightenment isn't about accepting yogi's or great ones come down, its the actually the call for many, in the school. And why they're in the school, to learn.

Not sure where you're getting this from. Learning occurs when it occurs, with or without a book, how it occurs who knows, one cannot force oneself to learn something, one cannot gain something through constantly attending to it. Learning and truth is within, if you follow it shows up externally without fail. Practicing and reading and reading and studying and reading, these are all lies, why they lie to everyone, I do not know, but that is not the way.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Again, what does that have to do with anything? His path is his path, your path is your path. Those things are not linked to, a part of, required by, or otherwise associated with truth, self awareness and path to enlightenment. However, if you believe it to be so, you may attempt such a headlong leap, I could not tell you where it will take you but actions such as those certainly don't catalyze one on the path to enlightenment.

''left his family, posessions'' what part of the game is that grasshopper?

''dwelled under a sasparilla plant in june for ninety day starving'' lol. Cute stories they tell.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
To be enlightened ;

To me - the soal meaning to "be" not as -one- but as *whole* - I mean this as the ability to not see but too sense or feel... human emotion -
to be evolved and involved but those whom understand around you. That you can take all human levels of the seances and understand your past - present - and a future (dream) that you can make void in this world that evolves around you and everything individually at the cataclysm... To know that you can sense both bad and good and distinguished .

when i say feel - I mean that in so much detail (from to take you shal replace) - its history and all things that have doubted you - until we know to feel- When then "they" choose too communicate...

For once man understand's over individual rightfulness-will or greed that prosper comes from the root - until once we will ALL understand that; we are all shared.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Y3K89

I can't tell if you're talking about enlightenment or ESP...they are not the same thing.
edit on 10-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm seven pages in and I'm still lost...

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "Off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said...

"Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe."

I hope that was clear...
edit on 10-2-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Y3K89

I can't tell if you're talking about enlightenment or ESP...they are not the same thing.
edit on 10-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I understand what you mean - But in order do you not believe that you need to experience it first, and meaning to find truth- it seems this whole world is looking for something more then too; everyone wants to find a true connection and meaning to spirit or soal to themselves..

enlightenment comes individually but always will be expressed at different levels...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Y3K89

Ugh, half truth half falsehood, why are you speaking on it if you haven't attained it, if you have your explanation would be a lot more personal than vague and filled with concepts unrelated to enlightenment.

Tomorrow I'm gonna have to post a thread offering discussion wiith the mystic, kapablanka. The nature of enlightened existence can be passed to one whos head and heart is not closed, which is rare to begin with but there should be some seekers that are capable of correct thought without tainted hearts. No ego's will be responded to and questions not capable of carrying wisdom cannot be answered.

If any of you think you're at point where you're open and want to attempt a slice of real reality you may try in the form of what, I don't know, but not a question, I can assure you.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

Originally posted by ImaFungi

"if you cant explain it to a six year old, you dont understand it yourself" - Einstein

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” Einstein

“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” -Einstein

"everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" - Einstein

Let me just chime in to say that if you agree with those sentiments, then you and the other posters are doing a poor job of upholding that philosophy...... Or was that the inent all along?
edit on 10-2-2013 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

This is my first reply in this thread...reply to post by ImaFungi

where else have I not made my self simple? I admit when I argue I can use complex scenarios and analogies that may seem unrelated, but i dont think they are unrelated and i dont think they are too difficult to understand. I try to make my self as simple as possible.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serdgiam

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

It is unknown.

No one can say what makes a heart beat.

That is not true. It is regulated by electrical signals and the brain. It takes energy gained from consumption of food for its fuel.

Check online.
"Does the heart beat independently?"

Capacitance.

Mind: The accumulative result of the processes of the brain, including (but not limited to) thoughts, emotions, memory, awareness, etc.

What does that have to do with the heart beating independently?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'll continue practices with meditation ;

I know with my practices and session's which i have all felt and experienced... Seen..

it couldn't be anymore real then close trying to explain enlightenment...

Enlightenment is a title... not a topic. Thats the problem.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

It is unknown.

No one can say what makes a heart beat.

That is not true. It is regulated by electrical signals and the brain. It takes energy gained from consumption of food for its fuel.

Check online.
"Does the heart beat independently?"

Capacitance.

Mind: The accumulative result of the processes of the brain, including (but not limited to) thoughts, emotions, memory, awareness, etc.

What does that have to do with the heart beating independently?

In what way is the heart independent? independent of what? (also keep in minds the words came after the reality, in an attempt to symbolize things in the reality) so when I ask are you independent? the answer can be, there are ways in which you are independent and there are ways in which you are dependent. Perhaps that same can be said for the heart.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join