It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment: Just tell what it is.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
So do you think the best thing for all humans would be to live like cows?

There is no best thing.
Be what you are.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Stop posting in riddles. Your posts are almost always worthless because no one ever understands what you're trying to say. It's like you are deliberately obscure. Either cooperate with us, or just don't post at all. There's no use being vocal when you're just going to confuse people for the purpose of feeling wise and sage. You're not a sage. Stop acting like it. PLEASE.

Now, rephrase what you posted so we can understand the point you're making here. I'm assuming it was a point worth posting.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Stop posting in riddles. Your posts are almost always worthless because no one ever understands what you're trying to say. It's like you are deliberately obscure. Either cooperate with us, or just don't post at all. There's no use being vocal when you're just going to confuse people for the purpose of feeling wise and sage. You're not a sage. Stop acting like it. PLEASE.

Now, rephrase what you posted so we can understand the point you're making here. I'm assuming it was a point worth posting.

Sometimes vagueness can reveal our own bias. However, some say simplicity and clarity are the truest forms of genius.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serdgiam

So.. You are saying you lost your mind? Then captured it and enslaved it?

While the mind can take us for a ride, it would seem that it has as much valid input using the tools at its disposal as anything else.

Why do you deem it unworthy of freedom? Are you not able to live in unison with it?

Humans are trapped in their minds, dragged this way and that. The mind constantly chatters and gives no rest.
To escape the confines of the mind and see and hear without interuption, without the constant noise overlaying the vision, is freedom.
When the noise of mind vanishes, all is seen with clarity and if the silence is long, when the noise of mind/thought returns, it is now seen as secondary to the silent knowing.

edit on 10-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Why do you deem it unworthy of freedom? Are you not able to live in unison with it?

Humans are trapped in their minds, dragged this way and that. The mind constantly chatters and gives no rest.
To escape the confines of the mind and see and hear without interuption, without the constant noise overlaying the vision, is freedom.
When the noise of mind vanishes, all is seen with clarity and if the silence is long, when the noise of mind/thought returns, it is now seen as secondary to the silent knowing.

Let me clarify.

Why do you deem your mind unworthy of freedom? Are you not able to live in unison with it?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Why do you deem your mind unworthy of freedom? Are you not able to live in unison with it?

I didn't say mind was not worthy of freedom.

The mind does not need to be free because mind is the prison.

What do you define as 'mind'?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

So do you think the best thing for all humans would be to live like cows? eating, pooping, sleeping, mating? no thinking, no building, no learning, no constructing, no innovating, no seeking excitement, no entertainment, no play, no sports, no art, no science?

Everything is just happening but humans 'think' they have to do it a certain way or do something - when it is all just being done and you just get to watch.

"just watching" has never built a home, fed a family, created an invention,.. its never done anything....because it is the act of not doing anything. It is the quickest path to death. I know you do more then just watch...because you are still alive.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Interesting.. Just to clarify, you did actually say it "does not need to be free." Right here in this post! What do you believe puts you in a position to judge what should or should not be free?

You still havent answered the questions. Do you not understand them?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

So do you think the best thing for all humans would be to live like cows? eating, pooping, sleeping, mating? no thinking, no building, no learning, no constructing, no innovating, no seeking excitement, no entertainment, no play, no sports, no art, no science?

Everything is just happening but humans 'think' they have to do it a certain way or do something - when it is all just being done and you just get to watch.

If only you would make the effort to communicate.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

"just watching" has never built a home, fed a family, created an invention,.. its never done anything....because it is the act of not doing anything. It is the quickest path to death. I know you do more then just watch...because you are still alive.

You can sit all day long and watch, watch the feeling of what is named as hunger, you will watch the body get up and get food. The body will do what it does and you can just watch. You can watch the mind minding. You will see that you are there constantly ever presently seeing and hearing all that arises.

It is all just a matter of seeing from further back.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Interesting.. Just to clarify, you did actually say it "does not need to be free." Right here in this post! What do you believe puts you in a position to judge what should or should not be free?

You still havent answered the questions. Do you not understand them?

The mind is the prison. Why would a prison need to be freed? It is what you are inside, trapped in the mind made delusion. It is you who wants to be free - is it not?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You can sit all day long and watch, watch the feeling of what is named as hunger, you will watch the body get up and get food. The body will do what it does and you can just watch. You can watch the mind minding. You will see that you are there constantly ever presently seeing and hearing all that arises.

Oh so you are on welfare or have a maid that keeps the fridge stocked? have you ever worked?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You must be law.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Oh so you are on welfare or have a maid that keeps the fridge stocked? have you ever worked?

The body will do what it does.
The vision is blinded by thoughts and ideas of how 'this cannot be right'. The mind is blinding you all.

The body moves and i see it all moving. I never move. I am awareness.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

The mind is the prison. Why would a prison need to be freed? It is what you are inside. It is you who wants to be free - is it not?

Interesting.. I work in unison with my mind, as it is simply another tool and a valid part of existence as "it is." Just like the lungs, the heart, etc. I would no more consider my heart a prison than I do my mind. Those are all illusions we sell ourselves to justify our actions (or inaction).

Why do you think I "want to be free?" What leads you to believe I Am not?

If you view the mind as a prison, then it most certainly will be. And as you are subject to it in many ways (thus giving you the ability to type to all of us), you will always be incarcerated.

Best of luck with that. I have no doubt you will eventually "figure it out." Maybe next time around though.

You still have not answered the questions. Do you not understand them?
edit on 10-2-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Are you flattering me?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The mind is the prison. Why would a prison need to be freed? It is what you are inside. It is you who wants to be free - is it not?

Interesting.. I work in unison with my mind, as it is simply another tool and a valid part of existence as "it is." Just like the lungs, the heart, etc. I would no more consider my heart a prison than I do my mind. Those are all illusions we sell ourselves to justify our actions (or inaction).

Why do you think I "want to be free?" What leads you to believe I Am not?

If you view the mind as a prison, then it most certainly will be. And as you are subject to it in many ways (thus giving you the ability to type to all of us), you will always be incarcerated.

Best of luck with that. I have no doubt you will eventually "figure it out." Maybe next time around though.

Now that you know who you are - the mind becomes a very useful tool indeed.

When you realize that the mind is a tool it is useful but some believe they are the mind and then they are slaves to it.

Thank you for your advice and concern.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Sometimes vagueness can reveal our own bias. However, some say simplicity and clarity are the truest forms of genius.

Einstein would argue with that.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The body will do what it does.
The vision is blinded by thoughts and ideas of how 'this cannot be right'. The mind is blinding you all.

The body moves and i see it all moving. I never move. I am awareness.

So you're just a spectator in your own body. What, then, controls your physicality?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Which questions in particular have i not answered?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join