It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment: Just tell what it is.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Become what you're supposed not to be. Therein lies 'yourself'.

I am not 'supposed' to be anything. I am not a thing of any description.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You do not suffer being the word? Descend!

Perseverance (Hatebreed) Lyrics

"Perserverance"

I know your fear of loss
And your struggles with faith
And how it takes everything that you have to face the day
The virtues you possess now bring you eternal pain
All you have is contempt for a life you can't obtain
All your heroes have failed you
Yet you try and prevail
Face your torment and dismantle your doubt
Refuse this legacy of shame and deceit
Cause the only real truth in your life that you know is hostility

Your world is coming apart
Remain steadfast

Perseverance
Against all opposition
Crushing all limitations
Pure strength through solitude
Discipline and determination

You can't accept what you've been told
Anchored in sin you must reverse your descent
Declare the weight of the world has yet to claim you
And admit that your faults will not restrain you
Glimpses of fate bring light to your despair
Realise hope isn't short of your grasp
Resurrect every dream that you've buried alive
And never succumb to the war that you fight in your heart

Your world is coming apart
Remain steadfast

Perseverance
Against all opposition
Crushing all limitations
Pure strength through solitude
Discipline and determination

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I concede... Consciousness is special and mysteriousness...but will you admit you dont really know anything about it? So your only move is to take comfort in your ignorance, accept this, and basque in it?
edit on 10-2-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Feed yourself with the musicvideo in my signature Itisnowagain. There you go

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

are you a rock? a tree? a hamburger? plastic? cotten candy? baseball cards? tennis balls? pavement? a bow and arrow? a screwdriver? glass?

All the above are descriptions or names/labels - yet i have said that i am not a 'thing' that can be described. No i am not any of those things.
Neti neti.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Guano Apes (search for the musicvideo on youtube):

"Open Your Eyes"

Hide your face forever
dream and search forever

Have you ever been for sale ?
when your isms get smart
oh so selfish and mindless
with that comment in your eye

Do you think that you are hard ?
really harder than the other
man you're acting cold
if you are not in charge

Don't split your mentality
without thinking twice
your voice has got no reason
now is the time to face your lies

Open your eyes, open your mind
proud like a god don't pretend to be blind
trapped in yourself, break out instead
beat the machine that works in your head

Will you offer me some tricks
if I ever need them
would you go into that room
if I call 'em

Do you think that you are better
really better than the rest
realize there's a problem
I know that you can give your best

Have you ever had a dream?
or is life just a trip?
a trip without chances
a chance to grow up quick

Open your eyes, open your mind ...

Hide your face forever
dream and search forever
night and night you feel nothing
there's no way outside of my land

Open your eyes, open your mind ...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I concede... Consciousness is special and mysteriousness...but will you admit you dont really know anything about it? So your only move is to take comfort in your ignorance, accept this, and basque in it?

This is what your mind would love to believe. It wants to destroy and ridicule what it does not know so it can feel better about itself.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

are you a rock? a tree? a hamburger? plastic? cotten candy? baseball cards? tennis balls? pavement? a bow and arrow? a screwdriver? glass?

All the above are descriptions or names/labels - yet i have said that i am not a 'thing' that can be described. No i am not any of those things.
Neti neti.

I wrote what i did precisely because you said what you did. So you admit that there are different things and objects and they can be described by their differences in this universe. You are a thing, an object (yes a complex one), why can you not be described by your differences in comparison to other things and objects in this universe?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

You do not suffer being the word? Descend!

I was fallen but now i have acended.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I wrote what i did precisely because you said what you did. So you admit that there are different things and objects and they can be described by their differences in this universe. You are a thing, an object (yes a complex one), why can you not be described by your differences in comparison to other things and objects in this universe?

I am not a thing and there are no things.

There is naming of the particular. The particular is not separate from the whole - it only seems that way because of naming.
There can be no naming without seeing or knowing.
The seer and the seen are one.
Ever present as this.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

This is what your mind would love to believe. It wants to destroy and ridicule what it does not know so it can feel better about itself.

That is not true. I only want to uncover truth and allow it to shine where it is tarnished and being hidden. I only wish to ridicule and destroy that which is untrue.

How is what I said untrue? Your philosophy is one of accepting your nature. because not accepting it may cause discomfort for an individual. An analogy to my observation of your philosophy is this: 2 cows... one is freaking out about its existence, thoughts racing, nervous, endless questioning, worrying, wanting needing answers etc... the other cow (you) "Hey...you are a cow, there is nothing you can do about it.. accept this because it is true and you will see that all the problems in your existence are caused by you..simply solve them...etc."

now i am wrong in my observations,, because i just kinda projected my ideal dealing with existensilsm...

yours is packaged with a touch of... existence is mysterious,,, so its ok if you think you are all powerful god, and holy.. because nothing is stopping you from thinking this... Or.. science cant tell you what consciousness is,, so it could be an eternal nothingness captured by illusionary semi intelligent energy/matter which uses the nothingness as a mirror to image itself which is infinite etc. etc....

I dont know... or I can stop assuming and you can simply tell me what you think in believe...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

There is naming of the particular. The particular is not separate from the whole - it only seems that way because of naming.
Ever present as this.

There is physically no separate? Like right now im in china? and in your house? and standing on the sun? and in every other galaxy? right now im slapping an alien? right now im shaking obamas hand?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Your philosophy is one of accepting your nature. because not accepting it may cause discomfort for an individual. An analogy to my observation of your philosophy is this: 2 cows... one is freaking out about its existence, thoughts racing, nervous, endless questioning, worrying, wanting needing answers etc... the other cow (you) "Hey...you are a cow, there is nothing you can do about it.. accept this because it is true and you will see that all the problems in your existence are caused by you..simply solve them...etc."

The individual (that freaks out like the cow who worries about it's existence) is trying to 'solve' a problem that does not exist. There is no problem. The answer is too simple for the mind. The mind wants a problem to solve.
When the mind (which is just thought constantly chattering) stops - it is easy to see.

Some bloke apparently taught the blind to see and the deaf to hear. All that needs to happen is for the verbal noise (in head) to stop and all will be revealed. Then any thought will be welcomed as a visitor that is passing by.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Ima, I have seen your posts and the kind curiosity that ALWAYS permeates them.

Please realize that many, very literally, lose their mind in their "search." This idea has been perpetuated for whatever reason just recently (meaning in the past couple decades.)

Things such as "destroying the ego" and other such delusions..

They have lost themselves, as that was their intent. But that is only in their perspective. Everyone else points to them and says "there you are!"

Also watch how the same will constantly judge others, insult them, tell them they are wrong, etc. All they are doing is constantly yelling at themselves, trying to get themselves to listen. But in their perspective, no one is there to hear..

Enlightenment does not exist.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Ever present as this.

There is physically no separate? Like right now im in china? and in your house? and standing on the sun? and in every other galaxy? right now im slapping an alien? right now im shaking obamas hand?

Have you ever experienced anything separate to you?
China is just a thought for you presently - it has no actual reality, it is only as a word appearing with other words backing it up making it appear real - but it is only appearing in imagination.
What is real? Don't take anyone else word for it, have a look and see for yourself. Right now. Where would you look for what is real? If you want to know for sure what is real you have to do it now. Here and now.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Are you asking us to share our idea of what enlightenment is?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serdgiam
reply to post by ImaFungi

Please realize that many, very literally, lose their mind in their "search." This idea has been perpetuated for whatever reason just recently (meaning in the past couple decades.)

The mind will use you until you lose it, lose it and it will always return but it will be your servant thereafter. Now that you know who you are - the mind becomes a very useful tool indeed.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Your philosophy is one of accepting your nature. because not accepting it may cause discomfort for an individual. An analogy to my observation of your philosophy is this: 2 cows... one is freaking out about its existence, thoughts racing, nervous, endless questioning, worrying, wanting needing answers etc... the other cow (you) "Hey...you are a cow, there is nothing you can do about it.. accept this because it is true and you will see that all the problems in your existence are caused by you..simply solve them...etc."

The individual (that freaks out like the cow who worries about it's existence) is trying to 'solve' a problem that does not exist. There is no problem. The answer is too simple for the mind. The mind wants a problem to solve.
When the mind (which is just thought constantly chattering) stops - it is easy to see.

Some bloke apparently taught the blind to see and the deaf to hear. All that needs to happen is for the verbal noise (in head) to stop and all will be revealed. Then any thought will be welcomed as a visitor that is passing by.

So do you think the best thing for all humans would be to live like cows? eating, pooping, sleeping, mating? no thinking, no building, no learning, no constructing, no innovating, no seeking excitement, no entertainment, no play, no sports, no art, no science?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

So do you think the best thing for all humans would be to live like cows? eating, pooping, sleeping, mating? no thinking, no building, no learning, no constructing, no innovating, no seeking excitement, no entertainment, no play, no sports, no art, no science?

Everything is just happening but humans 'think' they have to do it a certain way or do something - when it is all just being done and you just get to watch.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

So.. You are saying you lost your mind? Then captured it and enslaved it?

While the mind can take us for a ride, it would seem that it has as much valid input using the tools at its disposal as anything else.

Why do you deem it unworthy of freedom? Are you not able to live in unison with it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join