It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment: Just tell what it is.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Enlightenment is seeing the B.S. for what it is..and making changes in one's life, accordingly. Why would a person continue to work and pay taxes...knowing their tax dollars, pays the Military Industrial Complex, to do what they do? Why would a person continue to watch tv....if tv is known to be bad for the brain; scientifically speaking?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
How does that fit? drums, dirtbikes and walks on the beach. I can't make anything of it. I'm amazed.

boeh

I'm a bit sad. Maybe I'm not.. have to go, enjoy

Now something about struggle..

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
How does that fit? drums, dirtbikes and walks on the beach. I can't make anything of it. I'm amazed.

boeh

I'm a bit sad. Maybe I'm not.. have to go, enjoy

Now something about struggle..

Sarcasm is a lost art on the interwebzzz!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Isn't it interesting that the ones who tells us to free ourselves from our minds are usually the ones describing their experience in such a thoughtful way?

One cannot truly free the mind. Simply trying to fee one's mind will place in the mind the preconceived notion of freedom. So you are not really freeing the mind but rather seeking freedom. This is why what you say confuses them.

What you actually did from a more logical standpoint is try to become free so that you could observe life and understand life's fundamental questions. So in essence you didn't really free your mind you bound it to an ideal.

If this ideal did lead you to a freedom from the physical self, like you say. Then your only desires should be love and giving assistance to those in need. Because anything done for self is returning to the physical self that you have claimed to escape.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Isn't it interesting that the ones who tells us to free ourselves from our minds are usually the ones describing their experience in such a thoughtful way?

One cannot truly free the mind. Simply trying to fee one's mind will place in the mind the preconceived notion of freedom. So you are not really freeing the mind but rather seeking freedom. This is why what you say confuses them.

What you actually did from a more logical standpoint is try to become free so that you could observe life and understand life's fundamental questions. So in essence you didn't really free your mind you bound it to an ideal.

If this ideal did lead you to a freedom from the physical self, like you say. Then your only desires should be love and giving assistance to those in need. Because anything done for self is returning to the physical self that you have claimed to escape.

The mind is an appearence to you and does not need to be escaped from just seen for what it is.
I have suffered in the past from mind made delusion and i have seen what it does to not understand what 'mind' is.
The thoughts in most do not give people a moments peace and it is not the world that is heavy, it is the thoughts one has about it. To see thoughts for what they are and to find out what you are is what will make the world appear much brighter and lighter.

One must understand the joke of thought to ever become free of unnecessary suffering.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Can you show me where i told anyone to free themselves from their mind? Maybe you have misinterpreted what you read? Or maybe i did say it but i don't think i did.

I just want to clear up any confusion.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

What you are saying points more to a dualistic mind view of physical mind and spiritual mind. Maybe this is not how you perceive it but this is how I believe others perceive you. And another person's perception of you is at least as valid to them as your perception of yourself. To not concern yourself with the others perception of you would be in essence against them and against the experience of observer.
edit on 12-2-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

What you are saying points more to a dualistic mind view of physical mind and spiritual mind. Maybe this is not how you perceive it but this is how I believe others perceive you. And another person's perception of you is at least as valid to them as your perception of yourself. To not concern yourself with the others perception of others would be in essence against them and against the experience of observer.

I cannot be held resonsible for misinterpretation. I write as clearly as i can but the human mind always adds more, assumes more - it is the human condition.
Lost in translation.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Do you feel you hold any responsibility whatsoever in the process?

As they say, it takes two to tango.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serdgiam

I write as clearly as possible imo. I cannot be responsible for how it is read. I try to clear confusion along the way but the mind can be like blinkers, awareness sees through the lens of belief and cannot see past it. Ideas are blinding. I try my best.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Have you ever heard a joke and not got it? Is it the fault of the joke that everyone is laughing but you?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

My point was that both/all parties involved are responsible to varying degrees. No more, no less.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

My point was that both/all parties involved are responsible to varying degrees. No more, no less.

The finger points to the moon and the mind sees all sorts of things that are not there.
Only the eye can see what is really appearing.
The all seeing, all knowing ever present eye.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join