It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America the definitely not beautiful

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
What has happened to this country?
And the people?

Oh the people.
Seriously, I can hardly even talk to any of them without getting their BS, drama and all this stupid "if it's not in the textbook, it's not true."
"If it's not in MSM, it can't be true."

I'm tired of people's aspirations being defined by others. The people that surround me are so dependent. They are useless in many ways (not all ways, but many).

I won't claim I am very smart, unique or cool. However, I feel like I can't even socialize with people around me anymore. Everyone's so caught up with random crap that hardly matters to their true happiness. Where are the essentials? Why are necessities skewed into being whatever someone wants at that moment. Note, I speak about what they 'think', not what is actually true.

And the leadership? Ugh.
At first I went against Obama. But it's more than that. It's the political system as a whole. We can't kill Obama, that would be illegal. And if he died of cancer, nothing would change! It feels impossible to overthrow, not our current government, but the whole position that different Presidents & governments have been filling up / freely altering through out the years.

This truly is a rant. Along with the government, I'm tired of these people who 'just don't care'. They go around crying over stupid pathetic little things like not going to concerts, or being grounded. Yet they let American officials do whatever they want? Or even if the government isn't up to anything bad, they don't even show an interest!

I've played this game on my Facebook. I have over 1,000 friends (no I'm not cool - I could care less about 90% of them) on there. When I post media, comedy, etc I get all these 'likes'. When I post about politics, social movements, etc and stuff that is much more significant than dumb media - I actually lose Facebook friends.
Since taking a stance of 'educating' (and not spamming, please note that), I have lost over 30 Facebook friends.

If that's not a testament to my argument, just go outside and look at the ruined perception of what matters in most children and upcoming adults.

I'm done here.
Screw America.
Screw all the people around me.
If you're a true person (I don't care where you're from, I've traveled the world a few times), just message me and let's exchange emails. I need my sanity back.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Aw, how cute. A new anarchist.

You think you can do better? Run for office or shut up.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I know it can seem frustrating. There truly are a lot of people that seem perfectly content to have their lives dictated to them by their work and television schedules. After all, those things are important!

But, in spite of it all, there really are folks out there that do care and are aware and want nothing more than for their communities to be a place where folks want to live and do business.

Datroof is right, there is a process by which you can become involved. You can run for public office. Believe it or not, it starts at the local level and if you're unwilling to get involved there then how can you complain about the bigger picture? You'd have no teeth to your bite.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Aw, how cute. The exact kind of person I'm talking about.
You think you can contribute to an intelligent conversation? Re-post, or goodbye.

------
The local level is exactly where I have started.
It's simply unfortunate that I can't relate to any of the people I befriended so many years ago.

The truth is that I have gotten sober, and moved forward in my life and my friends have not. Sometimes I wish I could still be ignorant just to be able to sit in the room with my old friends. Then a second later I realize that's BS and I'm alone (at least offline).

I think once I can find others, that I become friends with, this process will be easier; the process being continuing to work on what needs to be done on a local level and then expanding from there.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Ghostx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

It is not just America that is the problem, it is most of the world. The society is getting more and more dumbed down all over the world. Sometimes it feels like a real life simpsons episode watching the people around me with their BS concerns and worthless opinions about nonsensical matters that don´t really matter.... at all.

Greed has corrupted mankind, everything needs to align with the monetary system in some way. This is the real problem, the monetary system.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Anyone has the right to criticize, you don't have to run for office in order to see how bad it is. What happened to freedom of speech, or does that not count when it's something negative?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
You are not alone. I've seen countless threads about ATS users losing their faith in good ol' 'Merica.

Unfortunately, it's not just America that has issues with their government. Take Egypt, for example.
Protesters clash with police in street battles across Egypt as political turmoil continues

Name any country that has people that are actually happy with their governments at the moment. I really can't blame you for feeling this way about your country, you're not the only one. Thousands, if not more are clearly not satisfied, and I think you should be lucky that America has not fallen into a violent revolution (yet).

As for your political aspirations, I bid you good luck. Perhaps you'll become the next Abraham Lincoln (no sarcasm intended)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

You're not alone. The problem exists in finding anyplace to live that is better.

I guess you have to just find a place and make it yours. That can work in 'Merica or anyplace else.

Good luck in your journey.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostx

THIS is not a country. This is the internet. America-centric people seem to forget that, and think that only americans visit ATS or any forum they write to. If it's in the internet, it can be visited from hundreds of countries. And yet the America-centric people are still blind enough to call any internet forum "this country", as if it's a given that only americans will read his/her ramblings.

This is what I hate most about the americans. Their worldview generally seems to be:

1) America
2) The rest of the world - somewhere far, far away, and in darkness and hidden, if it even exists

They have no concept of Europe, Australia, Scandinavia, Fennoscandia, Nordic countries, Asian countries, Japan, China, Taiwan, New Zealand, Polynesia, etc. The only country they can all remember right off the bat is Russia, and many would probably still call it The Soviet Union.

This is my counter-rant to the beginning of your rant.

And I am fully aware that if you mention a country, and then refer to it as "this country", it can also have the meaning of "this particular country that I mentioned", instead of "this country that WE ALL ARE IN RIGHT NOW", but I am willing to bet 50 cents that the original poster did not use the former, but the latter meaning of the word 'this'.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

And the leadership? ... not our current government, but the whole position that different Presidents & governments have been filling up / freely altering through out the years.

You seem to think that governments equal leadership.

The fact is that governments are our SERVANTS! Not our leaders! Whoever is the president of a government, is a president of a body of servants that are BELOW US in hierarchy.

But those servants have tricked their lazy masters into consenting to being governed by their artificial "legal system" instead of COMMON LAW, and there's a huge difference between those terms. No one has to follow 'legal system' - what's "illegal" doesn't matter. Only if they consent to being governed by it, will it ever have the power of the law (but it's not law - it just has law's power in those specific circumstances).

Too many people have consented.. so now the government thinks it's a master and leader, and you blindly obey that belief. Did you think your 'founding fathers' really created a master for themselves that they must obey? NO! They created a SERVANT that was to benefit all. That servant just got out of hand, and people got lazy and didn't do their due diligence, which is why we are in the mess we are in, all over the world.

yourstrawman.com will give you some answers, if you are confused by what I am saying. It's just frustrating for me to see someone who at least sees something wrong about the modern lifestyle and the stupidity of the people, and yet doesn't even know the difference between a servant and a leader.

So I rant back.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

The problem exists in finding anyplace to live that is better.

"Any place" is two words, not one.

And the problem is not in FINDING a place to live that's better. The problem is GETTING there. There are plenty of easy-to-find places that would be pure paradise for people like us. But we would have to get to those planets somehow, and being bound by our Karma, gravity, the infrastructure, the cultures of this planet and the scientific dogma that doesn't let the knowledge of free space travel for all come out for everyone to enjoy, it's going to be pretty impossible for most of us to reach those places.

Plenty easy to find them though, just look at the stars at night, and there - lots and lots of better places to live, right there. No problem finding them.

Getting there, THAT is the problem.

But not really a problem, because everyone's visit here is limited, meaning that we will all get to a better world eventually, and it's an opportunity to be able to live in a horrible nightmare-prison planet like this, especially for our Karmic needs.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

It is not just America that is the problem, it is most of the world.

Indeed. But the america-centric people will never see that - to them, america IS the world, and the "rest of the world" is some dark bush where no one really lives, and which is not worth visiting. They think america is the best country in the world, without ever having visited any other country for real comparison (I have visited America, and I can say it's not the best country I have been in, and I wouldn't live there voluntarily).

But the problem is not the world per se, or any specific country - it's the stupidity, laziness and arrogance, and sheeplike herd-mentality of the people. Groupthink, superficial and wrong values, and all that. It's all this that allowed this to happen.

There are always some evil elements, lurking, waiting for an opportunity to enslave the world. Well, 'regular humans' gave those elements the opportunity, when they created governments as their servants (remember this - governments are lawfully our servants - they are people's "leaders" ONLY in the 'legal system', not in the LAW - "Legal system" was artificially manufactured, but LAW has been forming for thousands of years, and it doesn't really change over the years).

From there on, it was a simple task to trick people into identifying with SIN (Social Insurance Numbers, or SSN - Social Security Numbers) and being a "person" (making them government employees, effectively), and doing all the other stuff that lead to the position of the human beings, instead of being MASTERS of the government, like originally was the case, becoming SLAVES of the government.

And policy enforcers (the police) work now for the government, not to benefit the common good. They act unlawfully and unprofessionally, tazering people and not respecting their lawful rights, dictating to people that they MUST carry around their 'government ID' (papers, just like in Nazi germany - you always had to have your papers).

But it's the laziness and stupidity of the people that made all this possible. If people had always done their due diligence, questioned the insanity that the governments tried to pull off, and put them lawfully to their place, this could not be the situation. When you get comfotable, and you have all your needs met, you are not going to care all that much what some abstract-sounding entity like 'government' is doing... this is pretty much the attitude that makes the current situation possible.

What you reap is what you sow - it's basically people's own fault that it became like this. The evil element simply utilized the stupidity and laziness and the attitude of people to get into power. When people realize what they have done (or NOT done, when it should have), it's going to be too late.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

This is a section of forums called the "Rant" forums.

The OP doesn't have to shut up just because a whiner like you doesn't like what he has to say.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Anyone has the right to criticize, you don't have to run for office in order to see how bad it is. What happened to freedom of speech, or does that not count when it's something negative?

Hey! San Andreas girl! I found something I agree with you about!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

Ghostx, I understand SO MUCH what you mean! Ughhh! I can't tell you how many "Rant" threads I posted back when I lived with my room mates!

They were the most immoral bunch of misfits ever. I loved them like a family, because despite all their flukes, they were rather loyal... but they were disgusting!

Orgies, open relationships, sex between them and all their friends, groping and calling each other names that I would only call my worst enemies as a common greeting... it drove me insane.

I am FINALLY away from them.

Just remember, even though it seems a LOT like it sometimes, you are not alone.

I miss decency.

And I'm only 19! I don't think I've even been around long enough to have seen any real decency!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Text Red

And the people?

Oh the people.
Seriously, I can hardly even talk to any of them without getting their BS, drama and all this stupid "if it's not in the textbook, it's not true."
"If it's not in MSM, it can't be true."

I'm tired of people's aspirations being defined by others. The people that surround me are so dependent. They are useless in many ways (not all ways, but many).
Your tired of something that you apparently want to dictate which is what your complaining people are doing

I won't claim I am very smart, unique or cool. However, I feel like I can't even socialize with people around me anymore. Everyone's so caught up with random crap that hardly matters to their true happiness. Where are the essentials? Why are necessities skewed into being whatever someone wants at that moment. Note, I speak about what they 'think', not what is actually true.
I agree with the first sentence

And the leadership? Ugh.
At first I went against Obama. But it's more than that. It's the political system as a whole. We can't kill Obama, that would be illegal. And if he died of cancer, nothing would change! It feels impossible to overthrow, not our current government, but the whole position that different Presidents & governments have been filling up / freely altering through out the years.
Half the people in the world would be punished severely for even writing an opinion such as yours which makes America pretty cool in its freedoms.

This truly is a rant. Along with the government, I'm tired of these people who 'just don't care'. They go around crying over stupid pathetic little things like not going to concerts, or being grounded. Yet they let American officials do whatever they want? Or even if the government isn't up to anything bad, they don't even show an interest!
Besides elections and complaining what would you like the people to do when then want to wind down, what's wrong with concerts as long as nobody is making you go?

I've played this game on my Facebook. I have over 1,000 friends (no I'm not cool - I could care less about 90% of them) on there. When I post media, comedy, etc I get all these 'likes'. When I post about politics, social movements, etc and stuff that is much more significant than dumb media - I actually lose Facebook friends.
Since taking a stance of 'educating' (and not spamming, please note that), I have lost over 30 Facebook friends.
Your right at home at ATS

If that's not a testament to my argument, just go outside and look at the ruined perception of what matters in most children and upcoming adults.
I'd say education has malfunctioned and the need for technology has become a bad obsession.

I'm done here.
Screw America.
Screw all the people around me.
If you're a true person (I don't care where you're from, I've traveled the world a few times), just message me and let's exchange emails. I need my sanity back.

People are very needy you apparently are seeking and needing so much from them, take a walk in nature, get a pet and watch how life can be beautiful without people. Maybe you'll attract the right people for you or even a person but don't seek needy people.
edit on 2/10/2013 by 8infinity8 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/10/2013 by 8infinity8 because: typos last edit

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 8infinity8

People are very needy you apparently are seeking and needing so much from them, take a walk in nature, get a pet and watch how life can be beautiful without people. Maybe you'll attract the right people for you or even a person but don't seek needy people.

You're right, but you can't expect someone to turn away from humanity. Humanity survives for itself, and when you're the only person within your circle who's concerned with morality, decency, and true fulfillment, it gets really frustrating when you can't find others like yourself.

People need each other.

Attitudes are contagious.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

You're right, but you can't expect someone to turn away from humanity. Humanity survives for itself, and when you're the only person within your circle who's concerned with morality, decency, and true fulfillment, it gets really frustrating when you can't find others like yourself.

People need each other.

Here we have a democracy and it tends to work on occasion to take a step back and try to enjoy anything other than something that doesn't work and hope the later works itself out. However, on Planet Skaro it's obvious to contradict yourself, tell others sheer nonsense (why nonsense because I never said what you said I said) but still offer not a shred of a solution or any vague direction the distressed must take. Solutions, suggestions......anyone can say whatever they want BUT THE PROBLEM IS PEOPLE NEED TO READ, THINK AND FOCUS BEFORE THEY RESPOND. That's how they evolve from 19 to 20....

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoujikina

THIS is not a country. This is the internet. America-centric people seem to forget that, and think that only americans visit ATS or any forum they write to.

This is what I hate most about the americans. Their worldview generally seems to be:
1) America
2) The rest of the world - somewhere far, far away, and in darkness and hidden, if it even exists

They have no concept of Europe, Australia, Scandinavia, Fennoscandia, Nordic countries, Asian countries, Japan, China, Taiwan, New Zealand, Polynesia, etc. The only country they can all remember right off the bat is Russia, and many would probably still call it The Soviet Union.

And I am fully aware that if you mention a country, and then refer to it as "this country", it can also have the meaning of "this particular country that I mentioned", instead of "this country that WE ALL ARE IN RIGHT NOW", but I am willing to bet 50 cents that the original poster did not use the former, but the latter meaning of the word 'this'.

Lol...You're getting a little mad considering...
This thread is specifically about America, and thus using 'this country' is 100% appropriate.
Also, I laugh at your intelligence (or lack of it) and how it leads you to believe I think the internet can't be accessed by anyone else.

No. You have no clue what I intended to say when I said 'this country'. But for clarification (just in case there's some other people on the level of intelligence Shou), I am referring to the country I mentioned, America.

Furthermore, you generalize Americans. Seems sort of irresponsible. If you wore a hat, and happened to have a broken nose - Should I say "I don't understand why people with broken noses always wear hats".

Your experience of Americans is your own. Yet you define all of the people from there (America, just in case you can't understand that THERE is referring to the country I just mentioned). Intriguing.

Furthermore, I only know America? Ha.

I've visited:
Kenya
India
Egypt
Portugal
Spain
Italy
France
England
Scotland
New Zealand
Australia
Tahiti
Canada
Japan
Bahamas
Austria
Switzerland

and a few others that I can't recall at the moment. Your assumption that I only think America exists is flawed, and the statement of a man who has no experience of the world whatsoever. Enjoy your limits, Shou, enjoy your limits.

-----
As far as experiencing nature. Believe me, being independent and out of society is nice. I once went 3+ months in the middle of the woods without it! No electronics either; it was so peaceful.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8infinity8

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

People need each other.

Here we have a democracy and it tends to work on occasion to take a step back and try to enjoy anything other than something that doesn't work and hope the later works itself out. However, on Planet Skaro it's obvious to contradict yourself, tell others sheer nonsense (why nonsense because I never said what you said I said) but still offer not a shred of a solution or any vague direction the distressed must take. Solutions, suggestions......anyone can say whatever they want BUT THE PROBLEM IS PEOPLE NEED TO READ, THINK AND FOCUS BEFORE THEY RESPOND. That's how they evolve from 19 to 20....

It sounded like you were suggesting that the OP needs to be away from people to feel better. I have tried the "introverted" approach to this problem, and it does nothing but make you feel worse. I was just sharing my thoughts.

Don't take it so personally just because I slightly disagreed with you. Why you mad bro?

It isn't nonsense, it's my thoughts, and my response.

edit on 11-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

top topics

join