It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Seagal trains Arizona posse on school security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
cnews.canoe.ca...

"FOUNTAIN HILLS, ARIZ. - Action film star Steven Seagal, who racks up big body counts in his on-screen battles with bad guys, took on a new role on Saturday, training posse volunteers for controversial Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio in how to use guns to protect schools in shooting incidents.

Arpaio, who styles himself as “America’s Toughest Sheriff,” enlisted Seagal to train his Maricopa County posse members at a school in Fountain Hills, a suburb northeast of Phoenix, with children used as stand-ins for scared students. "

so, is this fighting fire ...with fire? or just a publicity stunt? Opinions?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I thought the actors were supposed to take part in the event, not the prevention of said event.

Hey whatever, if this helps them train in armed and unarmed combat, that's beneficial for the force.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well he was a police trainer before anyone had even heard of him. So considering that his career doesn't seem to be going anywhere it's only logical he returns to the field he knows.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I think Arpaio is being smart. The Media rarely ever talks about it but I know law enforcement thinks about it and it shaped doctrine for response to school takeovers.

186 Children and 148 Adults killed at Beslan, Russia

That is a story that is clean of the offensive images as many would consider what ran in other nation's media and is still across the net. I think it's some of what we're seeing (not all, but some) in the major force in numbers and diversity of agencies showing up at every event around schools.

Personally, I don't mind it a bit in that context and if that's the thinking at a local level.. God forbid that terrorist tactic is used here someday, I do want law enforcement to have the right attitude about not waiting. Seagal is an interesting guy... He is real law enforcement too although I didn't know that util he did a TV show with it. A lot about his background goes beyond acting anyway.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Well he was a police trainer before anyone had even heard of him. So considering that his career doesn't seem to be going anywhere it's only logical he returns to the field he knows.

Actually I was just on the set of "Force of Execution" with Mr Segal. And honestly I wasn't very impressed with the script but there are a few scenes with some very beautiful, nearly naked Albuquerque strippers that should titillate even the most jaded B movie aficionados.
I wouldn't be surprised if this event with Sheriff Joe isn't part of the buzz engine for "Force of Execution"

www.imdb.com...

edit on 10-2-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Did you hear mr segal says he invented the front kick! why didn't he claim credit
for the punch too? i mean if your gonna lie might as well go for broke, also i bet
he invented the wheel, sliced bread and milk as well.

Is that really the answer we need to make our school children safer? The man
is ego driven, can do no wrong, over the top action star and not only do i
doubt his ability but i would wager his ego would make a joke out of this training.
edit on 10-2-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Steven Seagal sounds like a pretty decent bloke. You barely hear about him in the media and he hasn't got a big ego like most action move stars. Also, because of his extensive background in martial arts and security he is the ideal candidate to share his knowledge with schools across America to help them improve their security. I'm surprised that he hasn't opened up a few training schools where children can go and train with him.

new topics

top topics

join