It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those with ears to hear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hello all.

Since this is the introductions forum I figured I'd take a moment to introduce myself. I'm just a man with a life no more or less exciting than your own. I'm just a guy trying to figure it all out, the best way I can, during the time that I have.

I look forward to making friends and engaging in civil, yet meaningful, debate regarding issues that I feel are of paramount importance at this point in time.

I've been reading through this site for years and I really enjoy the varied and thought provoking insights that its members bring to the table.

The things that interest me: Possibility/probability of God, Human history/ancient civilizations, Power structures and political regimes and the manipulation thereof, etc etc. The sort of stuff I've found, in plenty, on ATS.

That said,
HI!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOnlyAnswer

Hi TheOnlyAnswer, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Avatar upload: Step by step instructions with pictures (2012),

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Welcome Home. Glad you decided to join.....

Des

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Hi ya TheOnlyAnswer, it's good to see you here

Looking forward to seeing your take on things

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks Des,
I've taken note of your presence here on the boards during my time lurking in the shadows and I look forward to engaging you in the future! Thanks for the warm welcome!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Thanks LeLeu,
I look forward to being here!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Man I tried as hard as I could to listen with my ears to what you had to say but I kept getting distracted by my eyes reading what was written in the OP...but I did try to listen, I really did.

Welcome to ATS my friend...look forward to seeing you on the boards

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
Man I tried as hard as I could to listen with my ears to what you had to say but I kept getting distracted by my eyes reading what was written in the OP...but I did try to listen, I really did.

Welcome to ATS my friend...look forward to seeing you on the boards

Most of what I send out comes across sounding like French techno.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I say that your title rings heavily of Jesus. For those of the western world anyway.
It has a subtle suggestion of separation. Those who do, and those who don't.

Now, when those of us from the Christian cultures hear these words, we understand Jesus to have ment that not every one will be able to wrest their souls from the power of the devil enough to truly hear, and comprehend, the word of God. Should this be the true and only word of God then thank you Jesus.

But it is not only Christians who use this line. Basically all religions use it. Liberals use it. Conservatives use it.
Used car salesmen use it and use it and use it. Can you hear me?

Being a person of western culture, I have since childhood set, or have had set for me, an aspiration to avoid making judgements, so I hope you do not find me so.

Now, as I have managed, I hope, to engage you somewhat in a way as you have requested, I would like to, if you will, address one more observation. Your name. The Only Answer? Ok, I'll bite. What is it?

And, oh, welcome.

edit on 10-2-2013 by TerryMcGuire because: Add

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Le' ugmph tss ugmph tss ugmph tss

haha!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I'm, kind of, chuckling as I write this. YES! Rest your head, you already know the answer to your question.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

Le' ugmph tss ugmph tss ugmph tss

haha!

EXACTLY!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

From one "newbie" to another, Aloha! Your introduction was well written, open and expressive. Mahalo.
You sound as if you are here for similar reasons as me...it's nice to occasionally have civil discourse regarding subjects with substance :-)

A hui hou,
3inhawaii

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Welcome to our community.
I look forward to your threads, enjoy your time with us don't forget to have a little fun as well.

Cody
edit on 10-2-2013 by cody599 because: rubbish keyboard

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Welcome aboard the Love Boat, oh wait.............
Glad you joined, have fun out in the community.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I look forward to making friends and engaging in civil, yet meaningful, debate regarding issues that I feel are of paramount importance at this point in time.

Nice !

The things that interest me: Possibility/probability of God, Human history/ancient civilizations, Power structures and political regimes and the manipulation thereof, etc etc.

oh oh....I do hope you enjoy debates...

Welcome to ATS and please, do try to have fun !!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Welcome!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I hope you brought your tinfoil hat, you're gonna need one and they're pretty expensive around here...

With that said, I look forward to discussing/defiling/debunking all manner of sensitive topics with you in the future.

edit on 10-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Hi and welcome.... can't wait to see you engage in some serious discussion with us.

ATS is a lot of fun, so stick around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join