It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In The Land of The Free - Did this REALLY happen?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Hopechest
Was she trespassing or something? I find it odd that a helicopter would just land and harass a woman for absolutely no reason.

There must something else to this story being left out.

First mistake:

"In the land of the free"...doesn't really apply anymore except for those that are having an impossible task of recognizing what the hell just happened.

It came softly and with a fury over the last few years.

"Land of the Free" doesn't apply anymore.

I watched it earlier and left it for others to post. Glad someone did.

I believe it may be on the border and it's an over zealous immigration warrior out for a pat on the back or 2.

But than I noticed "Sheriff" on the copter. hmmm?

Peace

edit on 9-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

This is not on the border. This is the high desert in San Bernadino County ( I saw it on his patch ). She says she's from Victorville, or around there. I live 80 miles North of San Diego, and the area she's in is even further North from here...not even close to the border...well over 100 miles away.
Just thought I'd clear that up...
edit on 11-2-2013 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2013 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I am glad to see the government is actually watching their borders.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theone88

100 miles from the border

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Is this real? Somehow I can't believe, that you have cops flying arround paying kerosin (or whatever helis need) with tax payers money....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

The funny thing is you think Amerika is the land of the free. You have more people in prison per capita then any other country on the planet. You have a more draconian police state than half the civilised world.

Get used to it mate, this is only going to happen more and more. You won't be able to fart without a license by the end of the year. lol

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Originally posted by neformore
realise that the resident cop haters have a vested interest in not portraying or considering any of that, because they simply hate, but please... lets have some actual critical thought here. This is ATS after all.

edit on 10/2/13 by neformore because: (no reason given)

(Bad) Cop hater here...

Can you give me a logical example of what a cop (up in an helicopter) can possibly use as an 'observance of questionable behavior' which would be grounds for reasonable suspicion for search and seizure (In this case...)?

I live in the desert also. Walking around picking up rocks is very common. There are some neat things to see outside. We do not need the police harrassing people whenever they get a wild hair up their butt.

Cop apologists...
You should be worried about the type of behavior that you observed in this video if you watched it.
edit on
edit on 11-2-2013 by defuntion because: Clarity
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

It seems like something drastic is going on in the US of A... so glad im English at the moment, but it wouldn't suprise me if it started happening here tbh... everyone knows we're Americas little Bi*** S+F OP, thank you for this post!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

I knew those were our surrounding mountains here in San Bernardino Ca. I live right here in Apple Valley. I imagine I'll be seeing that guy sometime.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I live in Mesa, Arizona and back in the early 1980's the police started flying ultralights over the neighborhoods looking for anything amiss!
I was home from work one day just sitting by the pool and one came over about 400 feet up and circled around, I could see him clearly! It didn't set well with the public so they stopped very shortly after that!
So, as yo can see this has been going on for quite awhile.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by theone88
I am glad to see the government is actually watching their borders.

I didn't watch the video so I can't say if he was out of line but I do know that here in the Arizona desert, 100's of illegals die each year trying to walk across no-mans land of 125 degree heat. The border patrol has saved a lot of people from a horrible death, but sometimes they miss it. They came across an 18-wheeler trailer sitting alone in the desert and landed to check it out, it was packed with dead Mexicans (there was one survivor that had managed to cut a hole to breathe) he said they all paid hundreds of dollars to a "Coyote" (Mexicans that will bring them across the border for enough money). They took their money but didn't intend to find a place to drop them off so they just left them to die in the desert! They had paid to be brought to a large city but the Coyotes chances of getting caught is too great with that many released in a large city so they just dumped them close to the border.
So, a single person miles out in the desert North of the border always will be checked out because most of the Arizona people you find out there are on horseback or ATV's and if they are on foot they may be in need of rescuing.

edit on 11-2-2013 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
For all the anti gun people out there...watch hard and long. The camera she was carrying was her saving grace. Without out constitutional rights (that are slowly being stripped one by one with no civilian input) our future looks pretty bleak. Buy a gun, you don't even have to buy ammo. Only then will we retain our power.
It may sound silly and paranoid but slowly and surely we are becomeing a different country. I'd love to take someone from 1999 and bring them to 2013...they would be SHOCKED.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This creeps me out.

I can't imagine going anywhere or doing anything without thinking I'm being watched anymore. Big Brother's lurking around everywhere.

They want this to be the "norm" for us. And, sadly, it is.

I lived in the Secret City for a while (for those who don't know, the Secret City is Oak Ridge Tennessee, and it's where our nuclear plant is. We had military trucks roaming around on a regular basis and etc), and I've been harassed like this before.

I was in the woods, all by myself, building a fort out of a fallen tree and some branches. I was really bored, and as a kid, I always liked making club houses in the woods.

The funniest thing about this story is this; I was JUST thinking that "Hey, this little thing might make a good temporary bug-out hideout if war breaks out and the city locks down."

Just a minute after I had that thought, two guys in suits come strolling up.

Not even walking on the trail, just strolling through the trees like they belonged there.

They came up, interrogated me, and searched all my stuff without asking (they didn't notice my small sword stabbed into the ground next to a tree)

Apparently, there was some drama going on in a near by neighborhood, and they were searching for a "suspect" who broke into a house and caused a ruckus. They told me to leave or the police dogs they let loose would get me.

edit on 12-2-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

this may be near area 51 or some such restricted area

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by No_man4

Good thoughts man, Thanks for replying

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Even though I am a new member, I must say I believe this really! did happen. It seems unbelieveable that we are under such government scrutiny all the time yet it seems we are.

I never thought I would see the day that we had to worry about this sort of thing yet being a "baby-boomer" I see this happening more and more, even in the community in which I live.

I understand the need for security yet I am unsure how far it must go for us to begin to feel threatened instead of safe.

I certainly appreciate having someone share this information with me so I am as informed and prepared as possible.

Momtots

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join