It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LAPD to reopen original inquiry of Dorner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

LAPD to reopen original inquiry of Dorner

www.nytimes.com

“I am aware of the ghosts of the L.A.P.D.’s past and one of my biggest concerns is that they will be resurrected by Dorner’s allegations of racism within the department,” Chief Charlie Beck said in a written statement.

“Therefore, I feel we need to also publicly address Dorner’s allegations regarding his termination,” he said. “I do this not to appease a murderer. I do it to reassure the public that their Police Department is transparent and fair in all the things we do.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Apparently, just days after promising that nothing of the sort would happen, Chief Beck has a change of heart. Every part of me is hoping that this will yield some semblance of the truth.

For the record, I think Dorner is a perfect example of what a damaged mind, coupled with a tragic fall from grace (whether or not it was merited), is capable of. I feel bad for what happened to him in his personal life, but that is as far as my sympathies go. The extremes he has gone to are not only unfortunate, but wrong. It will be interesting to see what happens from this point forward.

What an interesting thread this is about to become... I apologize if this is a repost.
edit on 9-2-2013 by Judge_Holden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
There's way more here than meets the eye. The way the LAPD has handled this is shameful. Shooting newspaper ladies in the back, before asking ANY questions...raises ALOT of other questions.
Am I possibly driving the wrong color or type of vehicle in the wrong neighborhood at the wrong time?
Are ALL local shootings going to be attributed to a single gunman without any other investigations?
Is this just another ploy to garner public support for the confiscation of guns?
Are the all the metropolitan police forces within southern California so afraid of ONE man that they can justify spending entire yearly budgets on a manhunt for one of their own?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Thanks for catching this and posting it! I agree with the poster before me, there is a lot more going on, or maybe that will go on in a theater. Even if Dorner is caught/killed, it could go on as a reason to further remove "freedoms."

What is most surprising is how after a few days, the chief is willing to look into the investigation again.

However... His gesture is moot because he said there is no way that Dorner could clear his name, and that was Dorner's whole point in his manifesto.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This "change of heart" tactic reeks of Alphabet agencies. As if someone higher up than the LAPD forced them to do this as a psychological call out of sorts to illicit some form of response from the perp in question. Smart and yet obvious at the same time....I'd be willing to bet it does not work...but then again?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
wow, if this news doesn't cement my opinion of this event being a FF, nothing will.
what a load of propaganda ... yet, ppl are still buying it

perhaps it's time to turn off the televisions and pay attention.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
It is good to hear that the LAPD is willing to clean out their closest in regards to their ex-officer's dismissal from the force. The LAPD has quite a notorious past in regards to corruption and police brutality. Transparency is a good thing, and hopefully it will be effective? I have my doubts? Lets wait and see . . .

This situation involving their disgruntled employee has gotten out of hand. There is absolutely no excuse for engaging in a murderous rampage. I have not read his manifesto, nor do I have any interest in reading about his own predisposed excuses and rationale for the murderous acts being committed against the public. I do not give a crap what a lunatic murderer has to say about anything. To put it bluntly, the only place for them is behind bars or below the ground. Other people have been in situations not unlike Mr. Dorner's, but have not gone to the extremes he has. I hope this knucklehead turns himself in, is caught, or is even struck down. His rampage has got to stop!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
LAPD is scared on so many levels it's almost funny.

You do realize these fools shot up a blue Toyota truck? Not only are they poor marksmen, if they were accurate the innocent ladies would be dead, but they also are so friggin' scared they're clearly shooting to kill, no questions asked.

This guy must have some real dirt on 'em, OR they just must be scared to death he's gonna hurt 'em.

The LAPD response to this is telling. Power hungry, rabid, mad dogs on a hunt, destroying lives, acting out of fear. What a sad, sad, bunch.
edit on 10-2-2013 by smokenmirrors because: edit of fact

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by smokenmirrors

They shot a blue Toyota Tacoma and gray Honda Ridgeline.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
They should've done this before the # hit the fan. Maybe this is just to bring him back to justice.

new topics

top topics

join