It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America at it's finest.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Al-Jazeera.com

Greetings, not that I am defending the Taliban's action. I just want others to see this to show how the USA is once again emanating it's global nonsense power. I'm sure the Taliban, nor innocents they live among, do not approve of many things of which they feel America is guilty of (Anti-Islam for one) but what power do they have after being branded extremists?
USA tore a country apart with senseless violence and while I do not know the whole situation, but if USA had bombed Canada to smithereens you betcha their would be a whole bunch of Canadians standing up for themselves, wishing for the bigger war criminals to be brought to justice.
America preaching about educating individuals, really?? It's educational system is great in some parts of it sure, that costs alot of money (alot) while a whole lot of the remainder of their people get educated poorly and than swept into the trash bin along with it.
While I totally agree with the view that woman there deserve their education if that is what they want but this is a culture that is not America's and the USA means well sure, but it is not their place to stick their nose in especially when they illegally scorched the lands and started producing their astoundingly high Opium output rates.
They were not trying to save any lives by going to war with countless factions over their history and have torn so many families apart because of extremists, that is pretty extremist behavior as well.
Wipe your own ass first America than try to teach it to others.

For the record this is not anti-american, just a brief outlook on events by me, I like USA and feel they have contributed quite alot to society in many aspects but to be a bully and cause the damage they do is just reversing the effects of their good actions and I pray that peace prevails (Don't worry barbaric ones it obviously never will)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

That is just rude. Try pulling your own head out of yours first and than start preaching about it.

What? Were you hoping for me to applaud hippocracy?

This isn't supposed to be entertaining.

I hope there is not a next time. But to each their own.
edit on 9-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

Not Americas business? Do you know haw many BILLIONS we have invested in Afghanistan.
We helped them defeat the Soviets who were DECIMATING the Country and its People.
They Certainly Loved Us Then.
Sure we are not perfect, and maybe we screwed up the tail end, but they aren't perfect either.
Nobody is.
The United States Taxpayers have been contibuting funds to Afghanistan for Three Decades.
Check out this movie with Tom Hanks. en.wikipedia.org...'s_War

You may find it not only entertaining but informative.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

For the record this is not anti-american,

I found this part of the OP particularly amusing.

Its like calling an African-american the "n" word and saying your not a racist.

Ummm...ok

Cheerio...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Cool thanks for the tip.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I actually was trying to avoid hatred towards myself. Impossible with you guys it seems on any issue that isn't Americanized already.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
great thread BUT GET THIS...please..
I'm an American...hail...a TEXAN...it's not us...( it's really not our fault)...we're not doing all the rough stuff ..evil stuff....it's the one entity running things...for the last 100 years one authority has been running things.....ya see, this history is playing out just exactly like in the BIBLE....there was no Russia threat back in the cold war....60's and 70's....Russia wasn't that big, wasn't in that good of shape facility wise and then the heavy loses of people from the ww2.....there was only one group playing both sides....evil gets no worse....but go and read what happens to these evil principalities in high places.....oh do they held up in front of all....held up by the collar is what the Holy Scripture says , I do believe....yeah, that's the ticket, now I remember

edit on 10-2-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

ETA Russia is still not that big.......

edit on 10-2-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Absolutely correct. America's greatness is long past. It is a wholly owned corporate subsidiary. They just toss around jingoistic ferver to get the idiots to keep voting for them.

The civilized world has left America behind. It is just being used for it's resources. When those are gone, it will be cut up and sold for scrap.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

We helped them defeat the Soviets who were DECIMATING the Country and its People. They Certainly Loved Us Then

You mean the soviets who ran easily the most progressive and liberal government Afghanistan had ever seen?

Here are some excerpts from a 1986 US Army manual on Afghanistan discussing the policies of this government concerning women:

“provisions of complete freedom of choice of marriage partner, and fixation of the minimum age at marriage at 16 for women and 18 for men”
“abolished forced marriages”
“bring [women] out of seclusion, and initiate social programs”
“extensive literacy programs, especially for women”
“putting girls and boys in the same classroom”;
“concerned with changing gender roles and giving women a more active role in politics”.

US Department of the Army, Afghanistan, A Country Study (1986), pp.121, 128, 130, 223, 232 (Library of Congress Call Number DS351.5 .A34 1986)

Is that the same Russian government YOUR talking about?

I'd say you have been pretty much brainwashed, the reason Afghanistan is in such a bad way now is directly because of U.S intervention against the Soviets, America eliminated all the progressive power structures in Aghanistan and replaced them with hard line religious fanatics from the Middle-East.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Reading this as an American and have been over to that part of the world I can tell you one thing after seeing how they live there lives and treat each other and their past history just goes to show you that if it was not for the British and Americans there still would be civil war going on among the tribal leaders. Sure its still going on but not as bad.

Back some years ago Pat Bucanon during an election year summed it up pretty good, We should recall all our troops and electify the mexican boarders. As being a former member of the US Forces I am tired of being the World Police, we should just let them fight it out, as long as they stay out of our Country we should do the same, but once they attack us we need to respond just as hard or hard then return home and let the attacker lick there wonds, and not give them one penny to rebuild.

I agree that the US puts its nose into the buisness of one two many contries.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

don't let these "patriots" ruffle you

Us REAL patriots know that US government is the biggest evil, anyone who says otherwise knows nothing about what the USA has been doing for the past 20 years.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
How does spreading democracy by war work exactly? Isn't similar to spreading catholicism by killing the pagans? We are doing this for your own good whether you like it or not.This is going to hurt me more than it is going to hurt you. We are charging you rent because you disobeyed us and you are going to bed without dinner. Sounds like a big mean Daddy with a shotgun. You wonder why sons rebel.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
great thread BUT GET THIS...please..
I'm an American...hail...a TEXAN...it's not us...( it's really not our fault).

Yes it is.. This country has been at illegal warfare for 12 years and the draft has not been opened. That means there are no enlistment problems. That means people are still selling out. They are selling they're souls to the military industrial complex.

"Support the troops." I get so tired of hearing that..

Do you support the orders they are given?

We never declared war on Afghanistan, we occupied that country on the back of a false flag operation. Anyone who thinks 9/11 was carried out by Muslim extremists is an idiot.. or willfully blind.

Again, the draft never got opened. Support for this illegal war and especially the troops fighting it has been ubiquitous throughout the US the entire time.

It is our fault..

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The first sentence in that article reads:

General John Allen, the commander of US and NATO forces in Afghanistan, has urged the Taliban to renounce violence and respect women's rights if it wanted to play a part in the country's future.

Al Jazeera is news for the entire region of the Middle East in a multitude of dialects. I can't imagine the looks on the faces of people who read that and scratch their heads as they try to figure what it means.

Crazy Americans. What must they be thinking?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well, as an american, I take no offense to this, and in many parts, agree with it's sentiment. Remember, before posting something that'll be removed, america is supposed to be founded on the rights of one to speak his/her mind.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
As an American reading through this thread it surely makes me sad to see what the international community thinks of us. I do however happen to agree with most of what the users here have to say about my nations actions over the last few decades. The problem is the people in power, there are still good Americans left. When will we wake up?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geraputo
As an American reading through this thread it surely makes me sad to see what the international community thinks of us.

The problem is the people in power, there are still good Americans left. When will we wake up?

Well kudos to you for being slightly embarrassed on the international scale. I mean that.. most US citizens are not, at all. They think were the top dogs, if the rest of the world doesn't like it they can stay out or "get some". I have to challenge this idea about there still being "good" Americans though. I don't think being intentionally, blissfully, delusional is a good thing. I think I know who your talking about. The hard working, good natured consumers that don't ever harm anyone else and mind they're own business. Good though...?

I wanna get personal for a sec, my step-dad was a great father and what you would consider a good person. He had his families best interest in mind but post 9/11 I would challenge him about things and alot of the time it came down to him finally saying..
"Look, its not hurting me so I'm not going to worry about it." to which I'd reply well, it will hurt you one day and I'd get told "Well when it does then I'll worry about it."

This is the same self-oriented mentality that is rampant throughout this country. I still can't tell most people 9/11 was staged without being ridiculed. There is something terribly wrong with that and its anything but "good". Thats where I come in.. I'm no better. I've been a truther from the start, I told alot of people about WTC7 and other details for the 1st few years but it got old. I never hid my opinion on the subject but I certainly quieted down and that is neglectful when you look at it from the broad scale of things.

We've got ours coming, and we deserve it.
edit on 10-2-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

I do thank you for the kudos, I feel it is important for anyone living in our country to know what the rest of the world really thinks about us, and not only to know but to care. I find a lot of our views to be the same (based upon reading other comments in this thread). Are there things we don't know about 9/11? For sure! Is this country filled with people who deny and treat this as a non issue? You bet your @$$! I also agree with an earlier post you had written about not being a draft, yet we still are easily sustaining the number of soldiers required for occupations abroad. I feel that has more do to with the money and educational opportunity that is offered for enlisting in the hard financial times that our country has befallen. This is just my opinion i do not have hard facts to back that up.

I do find it troubling that you challenge the idea about there being good Americans left. Yes the vast majority of this country is so absorbed with what garbage is on t.v. or what is going on with social media, that they don't bother to call out injustices or become vocal about tyranny. I can assure you that we are still out there. I am a hard working good American, and I know and associate with many in my circle of friends and family. I hope that you have people in your life as I have just mentioned. We can only hope that more people will awaken from there stupor in hopes for a change in our society for a better future.

A star for you my friend as I feel we have more in common than how ever we may differ.

edit on 10-2-2013 by Geraputo because: grammar issue.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I am canadian and new to this so I can only imagine some of the flack I may receive for saying this but I agree with this post. Perhaps my bias can be summed up to an outsiders opinion. Does anyone remember the first night when Baghdad was bombed and how disgustingly glorified this was? People cheered and celebrated at the fact that so many bombs killed civilians. We in Canada are flooded with American media and sure most if not all is by choice but I for one have been sorry to say it but disgusted at the way the American population takes so much pride in this OCCUPATION! Support your troops? People choose to "fight" in this war but where is the war?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join