It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog saves woman's life by calling 911

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is an amazing story. Dogs are great!

Faith, a 4-year-old Rottweiler, phoned 911 when Beasley fell out of her wheelchair and barked urgently into the receiver until a dispatcher sent help. Then the service dog unlocked the front door for the police officer.

"I sensed there was a problem on the other end of the 911 call," said dispatcher Jenny Buchanan. "The dog was too persistent in barking directly into the phone receiver. I knew she was trying to tell me something."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is one amazing animal... Almost human.

this dog even unlocked the door when help came to let them in.

I have a dog and well other than an obsession with stuffed animals I really think he is quite smart.

When he was just a pup I tried to teach him to get the news paper for me.

One Sunday morning I opened my front door to find him there with a very wet, chewed paper in his mouth and a wagging tail.. Then I looked and found that he had also brought home every paper on my street.

Dogs are amazing, and often have their abilities underestimated.

Thanks WOS for the story!!

Gazz

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Aww. thats awesome. This makes me question the level of canine intelligence. They may be smarter than we think. (Excluding my dog, who runs into our glass door all the time
)

[edit on 29-10-2004 by JustAnIllusion]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
LOVE THIS STORY!!! Finally a good story about a "vicious" breed. This is proof that Rotts and other "mean" dogs can be trained to not tear people apart. Rotts are wonderful, loving (often goofy) dogs! Good job Faith!

new topics

top topics

join