It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Magical Battle for Britain' during WW2 and how the witches of Britain fought the Nazis.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Well obviously the witches were not that powerful since it was the good ole U.S.A. that bailed the brits out of trouble.

Not witchcraft.

Britain was all but at the end of her rope before America jumped into the war.

Ok, HBO is I'm sure a wonderful place to get your education. At the time this was happening, gangster in chief Joe Kennedy was advising your president not to assist Britain as he foresaw a swastika hanging above number ten (I assume you know where that is?)

Thousands of brave allies died in that war, including of course many, many Americans in what was a WORLD war. None of them should be belittled, but if you take your history only from Saving Private Ryan (the film) and others targeting mainly an American audience, you would think America won the battle single handedly - not so.

You did of course give not only Britain but many other countries an almighty bill to pay off which took 50 years to settle, with interest.

OP, although it is true that there were occult characters doing there thing, to suggest that had any actual result to the outcome is spurious at best and does a disservice to the men and women both in service and civilian who either risked their lives or lost them in what was a terrible time.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

I was making no such suggesting - i was just stating what happened.
However - my personal opinion is that battles start on the astral before they get to the physical.
But I guess you have to believe there is more then the physical world to relate to that.
If you do not, then nothing will persuade you and i respect your opinon. We are all entitled to believe what we will.

edit on 10-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

It's only spurious because there was not a quantifiable result to their actions but they did do what was written in the letters so it really now does come down to belief. If you believe in the occult and the astral then this is a plausible story, if you don't then it's just a fairytale story of magicians and witches.

It doesn't take anything away from the brave men & women who died in the war, it just adds another layer to the story.

Thanks OP.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

The 2nd world war started way earlier than 1942 but you couldn't join the war until then because you were too busy making a profit out of it by supplying both sides.

No we couldn't join we had the Neutrality act.We wanted to stay out of it,like you all scream like we should now.That was until Churchill did everything he could to bring us in.By the way have you ever heard of the lend lease act,where we gave you food and arms not for money but for leases on base's to help protecte the North Alantic convoy's? Also look at Canada and other supplier's of arm's the sold them to you.

Also look up the undeclared war in the North Alantic.When the U.K did stand alone and German U-Boats had about stopped all supplies coming in.

We don't want all the credit for WW2 but to minimize our involvement,because your present anti American feeling's.Is foolish and show's your complete lack and understanding of history.

Almost from the beginning of war in Europe, President Roosevelt began what was to become an undeclared war with Germany in the North Atlantic. The first tenative step was naval patrols to to prevent belligerent ships from U.S. waters. Also he began to think about bases in Bermuda and the Caribbean only days after the war had begun. While America would not enter the War until December 1941, Britain had an ally in the Atlantic almost from the beginning of the War. At first the American role was limited, but as the situation worsend and the German's expanded the U-boat fleet, the American role expanded. The Royal Navy was ill prepared for the war. Lossess to the u-boats were severe, despite the fact the Keiegsmarine began the War with only a small force. Months before American entered the War, the U.S. Navy was involved in a full-scale shooting war to protect the convoys needed to keep Britin in the War. The American public was not fully aware of the extent to which the Navy was involved. The American effort, however, played a major role in allowing Britain to to survive the NAZI onslaught. Hitler was enranged with America's clear violation of its neutral status, but ordered the U-boat commanders to avoid incidents with the Americans until the campaign in the East had been successfully completed

edit on 10-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

histclo.com...
edit on 10-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
With faith and good intent, anything is possible.

PLPL

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Given the leanings of the Nazi's towards the occult, actually this doesn't come as a huge surprise to me - its an issue that I've never truly explored

There are interesting tales of supernatual occurences in war - one in particular refers to an apparent anomaly in WW1 at Mons, which is covered here.

www.militaryhistoryonline.com...

Britain is, perhaps, the most mystical of lands. There is something special about these little islands

Thank you OP - you've opened up an interesting strand of research for me here

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
So Hitler turning his attention to Russia was the work of witches....hmmmm

Didnt the Nazis have witches as well
Surely the nazi regime was built on occultism books.google.com.au...

But Britain was more occultic??? proof??? Then the US and its witches come together with the British and Russian witches and hep presto, abracadabra or what ever witches say. The allies win.
Why go to war if you can just use the craft to win

Seems a little airy fairy to me

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Cool story bro!

Sounds like it came right from the page of one of those new age novels.

link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
The Nazis - did all sort of occult things didn't they. They also went in search of power objects like the Spear of Christ [ spear of destiny ?] and the Holy Grail. I find this subject really interesting - all Indiana Jones..
edit on 9-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

Indeed they did. Hitler actually obtained the Spear of Destiny...well one of them anyway. Needless to say, once he lost it (i.e. the museum contents were obtained by US forces), he shot himself. Apparently, there were other deaths associated with the spear throughout history...For further information, you are welcome to take a look at the thread in my signature.

link   
The raids on Britain were a waste of an airforce. With a range not sufficient to bomb the RAF airports or anything in the south why bomb houses in London and coventry? Then again Hitler wasnt the most rational fellow.

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by GrandStrategy

I agree that we didn't join the war soon enough but it was not Russia that sent supplies and troops to Britain to save her, America did.

Had America not joined the war Russia still would not have saved Britain. America did.

And yes America did save Russia because we opened the second front in the west which made Hitler split his forces.

Silly

By the time the allies landed in the west the war in the east was pretty much decided. The allies did not land to stop Hitler, they landed to stop the Russians.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
On topic..

What I do know from a Sussex point of view that many witches undertook the task of casting spells on our coastline to prevent invasion.. from what I understand (from people there at the time) is that they started walking along the coastline casting these spells of protection shortly after Dunkirk as part of the invasion preparations.

I read some documents (in the Brighton's old Library) some years ago that went into further detail covering this type of behaviour and recording it as far back as the building of the Martello Towers to defend Britain from French invasion..

So I am sure the tradition of casting spells to protect our coastline from invasion probably goes back further, and I have read of similar kinds of spell casting in relation to the Spanish fleet coming up the Channel.. Which if true would not surprise me at all given the deeply Pagan history of Sussex. Even devout Christians like Kipling and Belloc refer to the old gods when talking of the Southdowns.

However, given the history I have read on this topic (albeit on paper) I have never linked this to the likes of Crowley.. which is interesting as he died in Sussex and indeed his service in Brighton was considered a "black mass" at the time in Brightons press, so perhaps his involvement along with that of the government is not as far fetched as people think..

We are, as a nation somewhat more pagan than others like to think..
edit on 10/2/13 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I had not heard this story before and find it fascinating, thanks for the post.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Have you actually read about Hitler's plan Operation Sea Lion.

The whole plan relied on Germany having complete control of the English Channel, which, in turn meant that Germany had to have control of the skies so that the Royal Air Force could not attack German ships crossing the Channel. Hence victory in the Battle of Britain was an integral part of the plan.

Operation Sea lion

At which they didn't!! They may have had control of the rest of Europe but had no chance of taking good old Blighty.
Get your facts right and do some research. USA helped take back control of Europe with us Brits.

Germany would never of made it over the channel in their little canal barges and fishing boats.
edit on 10/2/13 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Even devout Christians like Kipling and Belloc refer to the old gods when talking of the Southdowns.

If you haven't read Kipling's Puck of Pook's Hill, ma'am, you are in for a treat. It's all about the old gods and their guardianship of the land. It's a children's book, really, but one that an adult can enjoy—so long as they can stomach a few political anachronisms—and, as with everything by Kipling, it is beautifully written.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

notice Aleister Crowley in center of photo.

while the topic of this thread is quite interesting,
it is, unfourtunately, absolute disinformation.

germany, great britian, the united states, soviet union ...
they are all on the same side.

the war was orchestrated to ...
kill orthodox christians and jews,
steal gold
realign 'governments' and establish state of isreal in preperation for 'armageddon'

witches should be much more cautious when in contact with etherteric entities.

they thrive on destruction and will misrepresent themselves to fool you.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Did you know that Merlin and Arthur and a host of mystical beings fought for Britain during WW2.

I guess there's little evidence to verify that this actually happened

Apart from that, an entertaining piece of writing.

We can all believe what we want, I'd rather keep my feet on the ground though.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Even devout Christians like Kipling and Belloc refer to the old gods when talking of the Southdowns.

If you haven't read Kipling's Puck of Pook's Hill, ma'am, you are in for a treat. It's all about the old gods and their guardianship of the land. It's a children's book, really, but one that an adult can enjoy—so long as they can stomach a few political anachronisms—and, as with everything by Kipling, it is beautifully written.

I have thank you
When a book covers all the places you know and love it is hard not to savour every word written down, especially when it is written by Kipling
I am soon to be moving onto the edge of the levels where the last of the Pharisees went.. I hope I can see it through Kiplings eyes, now that would be magical.

Knowing the people around here even to this day retreat to a kind of Pagan/Christianity in times of stress and distress and even in the odd celebratory moment it comes out, so I was never surprised to learn they retreated into the spirit realm to defend these Isles during WW2, I am sure they reached for anything and everything to defend their homelands.. as I am sure I would if faced with the same challenges....

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Here is a little food for thought, but most people won't acknowledge it because of their over inflated ego's.

No one won any battles period, just degrees of losses on any side.

In war's we are brainwashed into thinking we are winners when, in fact, war is only a vehicle for losses.

edit on 10-2-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by yourmaker

'our species' ? they are humans

What species be you ?
edit on 9-2-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

Witches certainly are not humans. They are made of wood for a start :-

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

If America hadn't "saved England" the English would be speaking German or Russian. Russia once her wheels started turning and mobilized could have taken Germany alone. But she would not have stopped untill all of Europe was Communist.

If the Eropean countries had done more, sooner, we (America) would not have had to get involved.

As for the OP. These elves or whatever I am sure conjured there little "life forces" out. While they were play fighting on the astro plain..... it was cold steel, hot lead and blood in the reality "plain" that saved the UK.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join