It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former airline pilot and conspiracy theorist 'shot dead his two teenage children and his dog before

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Former airline pilot and conspiracy theorist 'shot dead his two teenage children and his dog before turning the gun on himself'

www.dailymail.co.uk

A pilot who wrote a conspiracy theory book about 9/11 is dead after he shot his two teenage children and family dog before turning the gun on himself.

Relatives and friends of Phillip Marshall were stunned by the violent crime which took place in Calaveras County on Saturday.

Their bodies were discovered when friends of the teens went to the family home on Sandalwood Drive and looked through the windows, they could see 54-year-old Phillip Marshall lying on the floor in a pool of blood.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The former airline pilot's controversial conspiracy book The Big Bamboozle: 9/11 and the War on Terror was released last year.

While he was writing it, Marshall believed that his life was in danger because of the allegations involved.

According to Santa Barbara View, during the editing and pre-marketing process of Marshall’s book, he expressed some degree of paranoia because the nonfiction work accused the George W. Bush administration of being in cahoots with the Saudi intelligence community in training the hijackers who died in the planes used in the attacks

Many of you probably recognize Phillip Marshal as he has appeared on Coast to Coast discussing his book, The Big Bamboozle: 9/11 and the War on Terror.

Hmmmm....Another whistle blower dies at their own hands and takes his children and dog with him. I smell something very fishy about this especially after he showed concerns of possible retribution for publishing his book.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Sad story.......but surely if his book contained any embarrassing truths and he was a target for shadowy agencies then they would have taken him out before his book was published......or they would have targeted the publishers

edit on 9/2/2013 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
How very sad. I think it's a bit much to instantly jump to "He got off'ed". A lot of people have written books critical of the OS, they are still alive and talking. Why him? And why not after his first book?

I am more inclined to believe he had an underlying mental illness of some sort. This may offend some people, but the conspiracy world is just rife with mentally ill people. If you are honest you will cop to that. I don't think this means everything that comes out of this world is suspect, but you have to wonder if the paranoia is well founded or someone is having a mental episode.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hmm.. this definitely sounds suspect. I know its the weekend (slow for conspiracies) but I hope the ATS detectives do some good digging and make the picture of what really happened a little bit more clear

RIP to this family.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Again my apologies to Stormdancer777. This is the second time in 2 days they have posted a story before me. I am really not liking the ATS search feature as I use it every time and yet poof there ARE other threads and they don't show up. Here is the original ATS post www.abovetopsecret.com...

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

That’s pretty convenient, huh? They get rid of a whistle blower and get to paint him as a lunatic conspiracy theorist all at the same time! They kill the problem and use the situation as a tool to discredit others like him. It’s so easy to discredit someone when you frame them as a lunatic murderer and don’t leave them alive to dispute the charges.

It’s alarming how many people who talk end up dead. This type of thing should make everyone a conspiracy theorist…these situations often don’t add up.

edit on 9-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I can see the "silence the voice angle" to be certain.

But I also know that our community tends to attract some very "type A" personalities. I'm one without a doubt. Many of the posters in just this thread ( already ) qualify IMO. If you mix in a dab of paranoid into such a person and then let them simmer for a period of time?

Well most of us who've been here awhile have witnessed member meltdowns from longstanding and respected members. This is why the older members rarely jump into the random "Why is so and so banned???" thread. We've been around long enough to have seen the embarrassing happen to our own friend and respected colleagues. In fact I think that quite a few of us also have experienced, first hand, what it's like to get really, really, really caught in a story and then feel it actually affecting our lives. Anyone who was of age on 09/11 pretty much knows what this feels like.

I honestly think that some folks just stew and their safety valves don't prevent them from blowing a gasket. Sometimes that leads to violence or self harm... or both.

Whenever a conspiracy person goes out in a way other than very obviously natural causes - it's in our natures to wonder about it... but many of us also, somewhat quietly, add to that thought "There but for the grace..."

Just my off the cuff thoughts.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thank you for posting and I do agree. Sometimes things do just get a little too heavy. Sometimes this does lead to some bad decisions. I do feel for him and his children(including the family dog) but I would not be doing my job if I didn't at least ask questions, although sometimes I wonder if I ask too many.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I don't think I'm anywhere near type A lol. I'm rather unconfident, prone to self-loathing and tend to just shut up rather than lash out.

It's likely this guy had a lot of other things going on in his life. Maybe problems with a woman, financial issues. Just because we didn't see the pain doesn't mean it didn't exist. I guess we will never know now.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Honestly at this point do you think any of these books matter?

Unless there is some huge piece of undoubtable evidence that comes out the sides are pretty much set. There are those that believe the official story and those that believe it was a conspiracy.

That's unlikely to change so why would they bother taking this guy out now?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Sandlewood.

Sandyhook

Coincidence?

Just askin'...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I think some of it is a bit of egotism at work. It's always nice to think you are important in some way. The truth is, it's been over 10 years. There have been so many movies, books, and other media about 9/11. The idea this one guy was important enough to whack is kind of laughable in the end. It doesn't even take his book out of the market, so what was the point in it?

In the end I don't think anyone here is worthy of government attention and I doubt this guy was.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

This is a blackop.

Lanza-like killing off the patsy in the process.

why kill this guy off?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yup just another conspiracy theorists taken out because he spoke the truth, it's seriously getting scary and sad. The NWO is getting desperate and trying to do everything to stay in power but we are getting to them. I feel so sad for his children, him, the dog, their friends, and family. Thank god his wife was out of the country or she could of possibly been killed too but I hope she can go into hiding because their there is no doubt she's in danger. I think we need to get a team together and investigate the truth in Calaveras County and clear this innocent mans name. I really wouldn't be surprised if the jews had a hand in this, everyone knows conspiracy theorists would never do anything like this and it's a joke daily mail wants us to believe this. Let me know if anyone wants to maybe help me or have information get to the bottom of this. This is why the government wants to take our guns so they can kill us and put us into fema camps (for our own good) but they better be ready for a fight.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
But aren't there still many very popular conspiracy theorists around that they haven't taken out?

People like Alex Jones.

I've never heard of this guy so it seems they are taking out small potatoes and leaving the big ones?

I don't understand the logic behind that.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I think what gets me on this story is that, if he did it I am wondering what the Children were doing at the time. It is odd that all 3 were shot in the head. One would think that he could have done one that way but the second would have heard the shot or something, assuming they were home at the time of the first shot. There are only 2 ways I could see this happening and that would be if both Children decided to let their Father shoot them or one was not home when the first was shot and he ambushed the second upon their return. Another thing is that no one heard 4 shots? I just need more information.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

My opinion on that is yes they do disclose some information but also disclose misinformation as well. So maybe they are being used to out somethings and cover others as they follow directions well. Just my thoughts on that.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
But aren't there still many very popular conspiracy theorists around that they haven't taken out?

People like Alex Jones.

I've never heard of this guy so it seems they are taking out small potatoes and leaving the big ones?

I don't understand the logic behind that.

Alex Jones is a jew/nwo shill so that's why he's still around. AJ is the guy that is their to hurt conspiracy theories and make us all look crazy. That's why he doesn't talk about the jews on 911 and his wife is definitely mossad and Alex Jones might be too. That's why he's so close with his little cronies Bermas and Avery who might also be Mossad but i'm on to them. We all have to be careful about who's info we listen to!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join