It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago 12-Year-Old Used Replica Gun To Rob 11-Year-Old Classmate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Chicago 12-Year-Old Used Replica Gun To Rob 11-Year-Old Classmate

www.huffingtonpost.com

A 12-year-old Chicago boy allegedly held up an 11-year-old using a weapon that turned out to be a replica gun, police said.

The robbery occurred at the end of the school day on the campus of Palmer Elementary School in the North Mayfair neighborhood, police sources told CBS 2′s Chris Martinez.

Police were alerted to the incident after the 11-year-old victim and some of his friends later scuffled with the suspect to get the stolen money back.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The kid that had the replica gun is probably going to grow up to be a criminal with a real gun, so this just goes to show that, even if schools suspend kids for playing with imaginary guns, for thinking of guns, or be raised to be scared of guns, there are still going to be kids that grow up to be real criminals with real guns.

So, are we going to need a permit to carry replica guns now?

edit on 9-2-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: Link added accidentally

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

It also goes to show that crimes will happen with or without real guns.

And YES, I think Feinstein proposed banning fake guns, too. If not, wait for it!

What a town Chicago is! The home of our POTUS. Don't you feel safer tonight?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Obama came from chicago, thats where the najority if his political careed was spent and look how he left it.. the crime rate is a disgrace

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

According to the Tribune, the BB gun was plastic, but also had a magazine and slide that could take live ammunition.

Here we go again with the "fake guns can be converted to fire real ammo"
Friggin inbred backwoods morons the tribune hired

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
We must ban all REPLICA GUNS...for the children....

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity
The kid that had the replica gun is probably going to grow up to be a criminal with a real gun, so this just goes to show that, even if schools suspend kids for playing with imaginary guns, for thinking of guns, or be raised to be scared of guns, there are still going to be kids that grow up to be real criminals with real guns.

As far as I am aware, and I know of at least one case that is over 25 years old that I personally knew the people involved, it is still an offence to take a replica weapon into public with intent to cause fear. IE; pointing it at people or using it in place of a real weapon.

So.. as there is no valid reason for a replica gun other than to cause the reaction (be it staged or real) that one would expect a real gun to cause, there needs not be a license to carry it. It's an offence.

Or was it a toy gun?

I dunno about that, but using a toy gun in a threatening manner still gets you in trouble.. I'm sure..

Jesus, when I was 12 I was looking up linda carciches dress... what the hell is wrong with kids these days.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

According to the Tribune, the BB gun was plastic, but also had a magazine and slide that could take live ammunition.

Here we go again with the "fake guns can be converted to fire real ammo"
Friggin inbred backwoods morons the tribune hired

Lmao it says is all doesn't it.

Plastic can now absorb the force of shooting a projectile.

Well, hey.. maybe it can.. but it's probably guaranteed even if not in writing, that it will blow the lower arm off the shooter before it manages to hit anything.

This could be a valuable self taught life lesson to people who get salivatory thoughts about procuring bb guns to convert to real guns.. based on the impressive deductive work of the tribune.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Good boy... he will be just like his daddy...

2nd

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity

As far as I am aware, and I know of at least one case that is over 25 years old that I personally knew the people involved, it is still an offence to take a replica weapon into public with intent to cause fear. IE; pointing it at people or using it in place of a real weapon.

So.. as there is no valid reason for a replica gun other than to cause the reaction (be it staged or real) that one would expect a real gun to cause, there needs not be a license to carry it. It's an offence.

Or was it a toy gun?

I dunno about that, but using a toy gun in a threatening manner still gets you in trouble.. I'm sure..

Jesus, when I was 12 I was looking up linda carciches dress... what the hell is wrong with kids these days.

There are other reasons for replica guns. Off the top of my head I can think of:
1. Theater, Film, etc.... Used as a prop, for realism and historic accuracy.
2. Museums (to fill out a collection until such time as an authentic version is acquired.
3. Battle reenactments (although the replicas in this case are fully functioning replicas and definitely not toys).

I'm sure there are others.........

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Chicago eh, not surprised.
Whered he get the toy gun though, momma?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Gez your lunch money or ile blow your head off with this here water pistola! LoL

top topics

join