It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay... thats it..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Epic rant. I don't know what Kurio is either but I hate them now.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
When buy any android device .. ROOT and REMOVE all the bloatware .. Sorry to hear the problems you had with that makers product but glad to see you were able to fix it ... for info on rooting , customizing and software for android give xda a look alot of good info there ...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
So you didn't think to try this gadget out before buying it? That's just dumb, and you have yourself to blame.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
So you didn't think to try this gadget out before buying it? That's just dumb, and you have yourself to blame.

Mr. Negativity is here.

Not everyone has an opportunity to try a product before they buy it.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is not an uncommon practice in business today. It reminds me of cheap printers that cost you an arm and a leg for refills.

And it reminds of a GPS incident two days ago. A friend and I used her GPS to find an address. I knew about where the address was and immediately distrusted the directions the unit was giving us. Many times we have started from my address and never had a problem before. And during the course of this experience we knew pretty much of where we should be directed. We shut the unit off several time so that maybe it would operate correctly, but it returned to the same directions. Three times the unit sent us in different circular routes that took us back to our starting point. The last "circle" was actually a dead end where we had no choice but to retrace our path.

A GPS uses a computer program to direct you to your destination. And it was a program that directed us to the circular route each time. I wondered how that could be that it was not only wrong, but had clever returned us back to where we started each time?. That certainly is a nice feature. Otherwise, it could have left us truly lost someplace or still driving to Timbuktu.. But it didn't because somebody wrote that program that sent up on these wild goose chases that lasted an entire hour and nicely returned us, puzzled, to the starting place.

Was it simply a machine fault or something else? To me, I know the answer. During the first few wrong turns of the first circle, the screen once displayed a message that the maps needed to be upgraded (for a fee with this particular unit). We ignored that, of course, after all, we were not on a critical trip and certainly not with a desktop to download anything. The unit had displayed that message in the past--it isn't used much--Knowing that it had warned us several months before, its program kicked into another aspect and purposely took us on these circular trips to teach a lesson about the importance of buying upgraded maps.

(After a hour of that circle business, we returned to my house and used my GPS unit which acted correctly. This occurred in a stable, semi-rural area with no new roads, closures, etc.)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

That's BS. Why should you pay for an upgrade to access what was probably a well-established route?

What a crock. Sometimes I hate Capitalism.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I agree with you (O.P.) but I have rooted an android phone and an iPhone....and it had turned my phones into some really glitchy mo-fo. Just saying, it's not perfect. I do feel they are YOURS to do with as you please.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The only thing which is in my mind right now: Why does a 7year old need a tablet?

It is the same for all the electronic stuff, children are raised via TV, tablets, computers... Don't get me wrong, but is this necessary?

When I was 7years old (13years ago) I was outside playing with my friends. It is not like I would say "bring out the wooden toys", but I think society is heading the wrong way. Yesterday I saw a 5 years old boy with a Galaxy S3. Why do kids need something like this?
Don't say "they need it to know how to work with it" or stuff like this, I did not need it and I am really good at computer stuff. I consider myself professional when it comes to IT.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs
The only thing which is in my mind right now: Why does a 7year old need a tablet?

It is the same for all the electronic stuff, children are raised via TV, tablets, computers... Don't get me wrong, but is this necessary?

When I was 7years old (13years ago) I was outside playing with my friends. It is not like I would say "bring out the wooden toys", but I think society is heading the wrong way. Yesterday I saw a 5 years old boy with a Galaxy S3. Why do kids need something like this?
Don't say "they need it to know how to work with it" or stuff like this, I did not need it and I am really good at computer stuff. I consider myself professional when it comes to IT.

LOL! Im glad you consider yourself a professional. You do what you want and I will do what I want with my own children. She already knows how to work with it... and many other things. Since I have to justify why **I** spend **MY** money on **MY** child to anonymous posters...

Mainly because her laptop is too bulky to hold like a book and offers a convenient way for a few of the applications stimulate her mind. She is a gifted student and not into easy games or fruit ninja on a tablet... and rather than wood blocks she received Bioloid kits in Jan for her birthday. Not all children play with simple toys throughout their childhood ir long term. Some even progress. Do you not think she had simple toys as an infant and simply progressed to more advanced play? Perhaps dumbing down our children who are capable of MORE is where your concerns should lie in your fear for societies direction. In reality, some require more mental stimulation than simple toys and activities provide. She reads voraciously/well above her age level and its easiest to put her reading material in electronic form as well. When choosing what to buy her, I buy her things that arent "time fillers" but that have multiple applications . With a tablet she can learn while playing in a variety of formats.
Also, simply because a parent chooses to educate the child with play, doesn't mean that the child never sees the outdoors. I find it odd that people are so narrow that cant figure this out.

Hopefully this explanation is suitable for you.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Oh, I know what you feel! It’s almost too hard to handle, too hard to take in! I just don’t know what to say! I just FEEL so heartbroken for you! And the kids…..Oh, the poor kids at home having to live with that Kurio. Will they ever survive? I can see the heart wrenching tears as I write this! I don’t know if I can continue! What will we do? Could we pray?

Give me a GD break!

You’re here complaining about your Kurio? Are you serious?

I guess you could always email the following about your issues involving your horrible Kurio that's causing sooo many problems in your life..

Could it be a software issue with the OS? If so, you can maybe try to get a hold of this guy. Not sure if he's off lunch just yet...

This little guy was doing the wiring, and could have messed up! Think we could maybe track him down for questioning?

Than of course we had all these slackers! There should be disciplinary action for sleeping on the job.....!

These little guys missed the bus trying to get to the assembly warehouse to work on the Kurio processor! Could they be the blame for ALL your frustrations?

I think this guy got his hands caught in a conveyer trying to get the kurio in a shipping container to your Wal-Mart store! Could he be the blame for your misfortunes?

Wow, it must be REALLY tough for you and the family!

I feel so bad that I can hardly contain myself..!

Just a side note: You or a mod will probably have this post deleted because “god forbid” you see the truth of what’s really going on in the world!

Just remember, if the Kurio doesn't work out for you, you could always spend alittle more on an ipad! I think the pics of everyone above is working on them as well!

Enjoy...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Suck on it feeler! Thinkers are here hard at work on making the Kurio usable...yes the world is hard and a tough place, and likely I have seen more of the crappy parts first hand then you have, but right now I want my Kids Kurio to UNSUCK....so if the original poster would be nice enough to share their directions for rooting this, and making it faster....that'd be great... thanks.

D*mnd Feelers make the world bad...you show me a country with the above crap I'll show a country with the Damned ESFJ's in charge.....Thinkers for the win.

edit on 29/11/2013 by ForkandSpoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

ok so tell me how to root my kurio touch 4s and my kurio 7s

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have a kurio 4snd and I want to root it and install kit Kat 4.4 clean install.
So how did you do it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join