It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fema Camp Bill is Back!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

It looks as if Representative Alcee Hastings a Democrat from Florida has decided to reintroduce his FEMA Camp bill. A few years ago I was the first person to write an article about this awful piece of legislation. Fortunately, I was successful in exposing it to a much larger group of people via the alternative media and the bill did not move forward in the legislative process. The latest iteration of this bill has been introduced as House Resolution 390 otherwise known as the National Emergency Centers Establishment Act. This bill would authorize not fewer than 6 military installations as sites for the establishment of national emergency centers to be run by FEMA under the command of the Secretary of Homeland Security.

Commentary

This makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. We need to make some noise about this bill. The last one proposed was defeated. There is some pretty draconian legislation that is sitting on Capital Hill. Gun Control, CISPA, and now this. I would seem they are looking for places to store dissidents under the guise of emergency preparedness. Don't let the language fool you.

We live in scary times indeed.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
well it is a real bill to keep track of it thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.390: hopefully this one dies as others have. With all the other bills that are taking more freedoms away the gun bill act, the act to do away with 22nd amendment, they too should die. It is sad times we live in.
thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.390: thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.390.IH: hum that does not seem right, maybe bs??
edit on 9-2-2013 by bekod because: (no reason given)

www.gpo.gov...
edit on 9-2-2013 by bekod because: (no reason given)

ok not bs just one of them they are in a dif bill number 377 is the track number, here is the text www.gpo.gov... and yes it is a real deal bill, just let us hope it dies, or AJ of info wars is for real, if so be ready for them immortal words of"I TOLD YOU SO" wonder if there's a body bag bill?
edit on 9-2-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Let me play the Devils advocate for a second......

This Act does not--
(1) affect the authority of the Federal Government to provide emergency or major disaster assistance or to implement any disaster mitigation and response program, including any program authorized by the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 5121 et seq.);
(2) affect the authority of a State or local government to respond to an emergency; or
(3) authorize any Federal officer or employee to-- (A) force an individual to enter a national emergency center; or (B) prevent an individual from leaving a national emergency center.

(a) In General- Not later than 60 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of Defense, shall designate not fewer than 6 military installations as sites for the establishment of national emergency centers.

(b) Minimum Requirements- A site designated as a national emergency center shall be--
(1) capable of meeting for an extended period of time the housing, health, transportation, education, public works, humanitarian and other transition needs of a large number of individuals affected by an emergency or major disaster;
(2) environmentally safe and shall not pose a health risk to individuals who may use the center;
(3) capable of being scaled up or down to accommodate major disaster preparedness and response drills, operations, and procedures;
(4) capable of housing existing permanent structures necessary to meet training and first responders coordination requirements during nondisaster periods;
(5) capable of hosting the infrastructure necessary to rapidly adjust to temporary housing, medical, and humanitarian assistance needs;
(6) required to consist of a complete operations command center, including 2 state-of-the-art command and control centers that will comprise a 24/7 operations watch center as follows: (A) one of the command and control centers shall be in full ready mode; and (B) the other shall be used daily for training; and
(7) easily accessible at all times and be able to facilitate handicapped and medical facilities, including during an emergency or major disaster.

Now why are people afraid of this? Did I miss something?

These are the sort of services you should expect from the government. You would not be forced into these areas and they would provide shelter and services needed during emergencies.

We have seen how these facilities could have been useful during Katrina and Sandy.

So I don't see why this should be a problem. Unless they add language in the bill that takes your rights away or states you could be forced into these facilities......I wouldn't worry about it.
edit on 9-2-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Do you remember when they were pitching the Patriot Act and all the assurances that it wouldn't be used against US citizens? However we know now that it is used for domestic law enforcement. I don't care how they sugar coat it. Once the program infrastructure is in place it would be very easy to modify the law. Or as the author in the OP suggests that our military members are not federal authorities. I am not trying to over-react or be paranoid but I have watched the constant erosion of the constitution and civil rights for well over a decade. I think it is something to be very concerned about.

Not only that, but why do we need the federal government specifically establishing national emergency centers on closed military installations? These are places that were designed to control who can enter and who can leave. Interestingly enough, one of the limitations included in the new version of the bill is that it does not authorize any federal officer or employee to force an individual to enter a national emergency center or prevent an individual from leaving a national emergency center. This is funny because a member of the U.S. military is technically not considered a federal officer or employee. So even though a federal officer or employee wouldn’t be able to force a person into one of these facilities or prevent them from leaving, it does not necessarily prevent a member of the military from performing these functions. Considering that members of the military would most likely be the ones responsible for the security of such a facility, it makes the limitation entirely meaningless.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The govt monitors this board... and they want fema camps to put al of us in. You see, they monitored and found out, much to their delight, that truthers, birthers, patriots, UFOers, and CTers in general fight CONSTANTLY. They will fight about the color of the sky.. literally. There was a thread on it and the perception that it might be blue, but really green.. or yellow.

The idea is to put us all in a confined area.. and treat it sort of like the Amphitheatrum Flavium.. or Colosseum. They will bring in aliens and things they have stored away and have US fight them for their entertainment. We will be pitted against one another.. pro gunners versus anti gunners. Birthers VS obamabots. Paulites VS obamaites and romoneyiltes.. like a 3 for one fight. My money is on the paulites. 9/11 truthers VS Islamists-did-its. It will be a bloodbath... kinda like ATS normally is, but with blood and puke and stuff.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

The Patriot Act and it's violations of civil liberties are not comparable to this bill at all. This bill does not give FEMA the ability to wiretap your phone, or force citizens into any action they do not wish to participate in.

Also, this bill provides timelines in which control of the facilities must be handed over to Homeland security by the Military.

I understand the slippery-slope that this could create, but that could be said about all government functions. But I believe this is the sort of function the government should serve as defined under the General Welfare Clause of the US Constitution.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
The govt monitors this board... and they want fema camps to put al of us in. You see, they monitored and found out, much to their delight, that truthers, birthers, patriots, UFOers, and CTers in general fight CONSTANTLY. They will fight about the color of the sky.. literally. There was a thread on it and the perception that it might be blue, but really green.. or yellow.

The idea is to put us all in a confined area.. and treat it sort of like the Amphitheatrum Flavium.. or Colosseum. They will bring in aliens and things they have stored away and have US fight them for their entertainment. We will be pitted against one another.. pro gunners versus anti gunners. Birthers VS obamabots. Paulites VS obamaites and romoneyiltes.. like a 3 for one fight. My money is on the paulites. 9/11 truthers VS Islamists-did-its. It will be a bloodbath... kinda like ATS normally is, but with blood and puke and stuff.

LOL!

That sounds pretty good to me! Will it be available on PPPVTV (Public Pay Per View TV) anytime soon?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Let me play the Devils advocate for a second......

It's pretty sad that reading and understanding the bill requires you to be "devil's advocate" on here!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Also, this bill provides timelines in which control of the facilities must be handed over to Homeland security by the Military.

Whew! I feel better now.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Interesting read, i pulled the actual bill up and am reading through it..

www.govtrack.us...
in case anyone wants to browse.

there are a few sections that stand out besides the normal.
SEC. 5. AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS.

There is authorized to be appropriated $180,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2014 and 2015 to carry out this Act. Such funds shall remain available until expended.

Thats a decent chunk of cash to run a 'disaster shelter' when its not even active.

(d) Preference for Designation of Closed Military Installations- Wherever possible, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of Defense, shall designate a closed military installation as a site for a national emergency center. If the Secretaries of Homeland Security and Defense jointly determine that there is not a sufficient number of closed military installations that meet the requirements of subsections (b) and (c), the Secretaries shall jointly designate portions of existing military installations other than closed military installations as national emergency centers.

(e) Transfer of Control of Closed Military Installations- If a closed military installation is designated as a national emergency center, not later than 180 days after the date of designation, the Secretary of Defense shall transfer to the Secretary of Homeland Security administrative jurisdiction over such closed military installation.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
butter it up , so they can get the ball rolling , then once everything is in order they will do what ever they please , this bill is simply a Trojan horse ,to get it to pass ,....
this is the tactic that has been used many times fold

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Thanks for that saved me time by looking it up, but form the link lets see the odds are of passing er becoming linky www.govtrack.us...

law Prognosis

3% chance of getting past committee.
1% chance of being enacted.

Only 11% of House bills made it past committee and only 2% were enacted in 2011–2013. [show factors | methodology]
well it might get passed by committee then maybe not

edit on 9-2-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

top topics

join