Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Our sin debt has been settled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The great secret that was revealed to Paul is a gift of grace, a free gift. In God’s sight our sin debt has been settled, we stand in righteousness before him right now. He sees us seated with Christ in heaven, we are right now the praise of the glory of his grace throughout eternity. It follows logically that this secret must not be read into the four Gospels or into the book of Revelation.

Paul’s insistence upon the reality of our union with Christ, as having died and risen again in him. The Apostle unfolds to us, we died with Christ, our standing being complete and perfect in Christ, we cannot grow in this standing. We may grow in the knowledge, experience, and enjoyment of it, our life is the outcome of our belief.

If we are ignorant of this free gift, we are easy prey for every minister of righteousness who may rise up. Nothing more is needed to be added, their is not a ordinance on the face of the earth that can make us complete. We don’t need to pass a satisfactory examination, or take another class, we stand in righteousness before God right now.

Thanks for any insight about this free gift.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by newnature

two things...

It follows logically that this secret must not be read into the four Gospels

Please explain this...

And where did Jesus mention Grace?

Or any of Pauls doctrine for that matter

Thanks

edit on 9-2-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What if you don't believe in the teachings of the Bible? Are my "sins settled" ?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
What if you don't believe in the teachings of the Bible? Are my "sins settled" ?

Got to believe what Paul said in his gospel. This is a cool teaching about what Paul was saying.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I'm with you on this, that's it's all been done for one and for all, and the only reason that the world isn't saved isn't because Jesus wasn't the Messiah, but because we haven't come up to speed with what's already been accomplished and are unaware of our true stature in Christ and in accordance with his work to reconcile us to God and to redeem us in the sight of God.

If we only understood the hope inherent in our receipt of the free gift, then all ignorance would begin to pass away.

Is is also key to understand and recognize that what's been done and settled applies equally as the love of God to everyone, no matter what they believe, which takes a real load off for the Christian in so far as we are then freed from the terrible dilemma of being part of an exclusive club with everyone else doomed, because that's not Christian love in the framework of the brotherhood of man.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Please explain this...

And where did Jesus mention Grace?

Grace is the action of the love of God where in Jesus it can be seen as intercessory Grace, whereby Jesus said that he was laying down his life as a ransom for many.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by newnature

We don’t need to pass a satisfactory examination, or take another class, we stand in righteousness before God right now.

1 John 3:7 Dear children, don't let anyone deceive you about this: When people do what is right, it shows that they are righteous, even as Christ is righteous.

Luke 21:36 Be watching at all times, therefore, and praying that you will be worthy to escape from these things which are going to occur, and to stand before The Son of Man.”

Proverbs 28:5 Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the LORD understand it fully.

1 Corinthians 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves we would not be judged.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It is important also to recognize and acknowledge that in the Great Work of Jesus Christ can be seen rendered the twin pillars of a severe Justice and a tender Mercy, a standard which was rendered by Jesus in the form of the forgiveness of God's love from the top, down. In this way the cross can be viewed as the absolute simplicity of God's love on the far side of complexity, or like a standard set atop the very pyramid of life.

If only we would receive it's healing and health, and become transformed as works in progress, instead of allowing Christians to lay on us the notion that we are still under the law of should and shouldn't and thus still eating of the tree of the duality of good and evil.

Set free for the sake of freedom to freely love as we are loved.

"Love as do as you will,"
~ St. Augustine

It does not hold us captive, but set's us free to be true to one's self and to the Christ who lives in us.

edit on 9-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
It is important also to recognize and acknowledge that in the Great Work of Jesus Christ...
If only we would receive it's healing and health, and become transformed as works in progress, instead of allowing Christians to lay on us the notion that we are still under the law of should and shouldn't and thus still eating of the tree of the duality of good and evil.

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. -John 14:15

God's laws are eternal. Would you like some scripture for that?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

This is my commandment.

Love one another as I have loved you.

Eat people of the tree of life! Do not be fooled or allow yourselves to be taken in by those who would seek to uproot it and graft you back on to the tree of the duality of the knowledge of good and evil, whereby even your most valiant attempts to be good in order not to be bad, are doomed to failure in either case where even if you were successful you would succumb to the gravest sin of them all.

Let the power of the work of the cross never be undone, and let us receive more and more of what is freely given and then as we have freely received freely give in turn.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

This is my commandment.

Let the power of the work of the cross never be undone, and let us receive more and more of what is freely given and then as we have freely received freely give in turn.

How did Jesus love us? Did he say that he came to abolish the laws of God and establish anarchy?

Psalm 119:152 Long ago I learned from your statutes that you established them to last forever.

Matthew 5:18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Luke 14:27 Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Yes, and as I described, he completed and upheld the law, in recognition that the law kills and that all fall short of the glory of God which was embodied in him.

Otherwise his work was in vain.

No, Jesus is the tree of life in the midst of it all and the river of life on either side.

We must not be duped into eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, when the standard of love is all we need to be free to love as we are loved.

Where is the impulse to sin in absolute love which is absolute forgiveness?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Wonders

Yes, and as I described, he completed and upheld the law, in recognition that the law kills and that all fall short of the glory of God which was embodied in him.

Otherwise his work was in vain.

No, Jesus is the tree of life in the midst of it all and the river of life on either side.

We must not be duped into eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, when the standard of love is all we need to be free to love as we are loved.

James 2:12 So whatever you say or whatever you do, remember that you will be judged by the law that sets you free.

Do not ignore the laws that Jesus himself abided by.
There are two kinds of beliefs, living faith or dead faith which is without works.

Matthew 19:17 "Why ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. But to answer your question--if you want to receive eternal life, keep the commandments."

Love is broken down into two categories love towards God first, then towards others, then broken down further into ten commandments, we are here to live by every word of God as Jesus said.

It is not some shallow belief that goes on and on about the person of Christ, but actually accepts Jesus' teachings. Jesus said, if you hand causes you to sin, cut it off. If your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out. Do you still not realize that believers are to cut sin out of their lives?

It is possible to worship God in vain. Many people honor him with their lips while their hearts are far from him.
David was a man after God's own heart, he loved God's commands and asked and asked God to teach him his decrees.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: Spelling.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Love God above all and neighbor as self, and believe and receive what Jesus offers. Then sin falls away of its own accord and there is nothing to brag about.

What you resist only persists.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Love God above all and neighbor as self, and believe and receive what Jesus offers. Then sin falls away of its own accord and there is nothing to brag about.

What you resist only persists.

James 4:7 So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Jeremiah 9:24 But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the LORD who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things. I, the LORD, have spoken!

Don't you recall the parable where the evil vinedressers thought that they'd inherit the master's land through the death of the master's son?

Don't you recall the parable where Abraham told the rich man that unless people listen to Moses and the propheets, then neither would they be persuaded to stop sinning even though someone rises from the dead?

Matthew 12:39-40 But Jesus replied, "Only an evil, adulterous generation would demand a miraculous sign; but the only sign I will give them is the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish for three days and three nights, so will the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

reply to post by Wonders

This is my commandment.

How did Jesus love us? Did he say that he came to abolish the laws of God and establish anarchy?

I think that was the original plan; The Messiah overthrows Roman Rule; and establishes the "New Bank of Jerus (Jesus Salem) elem". No effective Backer (God).

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Don't get me wrong wonders, I'm not saying that there isn't still work to do from every angle and perspective as works in progress containing the hope of perfection, as you can see in this thread Completing the Great Work of the Ages..(Who's up for it?) - and toil and striving for what is good and righteous and loving in God's eyes and wherein what we do unto the least of our brothers and sisters we also do it unto Him because our love of neighbor as self expresses the love of God in and through us.

All I'm saying is that the first/last cause, as the impetus and the catalyst to lasting, transformative evolutionary change, is a joyful thing, something worthwhile, something found and treasured, and unless and until we have the audacity and the courage, and the plain common sense, to receive the free gift of grace and love of incalculable value, we won't have sufficient resources and understanding, let along the will and determination to actually make the needed change. Otherwise it's not real change if it's not meaningful, purposeful and for the sake of the same love which we've already been freely given by God through Christ. Reason must be harnessed by spirit who is love, and then the horse can be tamed much more effectively, with Christ himself as the bit in the mouth.

If we open up to the possibility of our own redemption as an eventuality and thus an actuality, and then spontaneously repent, and then have the tears wiped away from our eyes, then we have real change on our hearts because it's a change of heart and of having come to one's senses relative to the utter absurdity of all ignorance by comparison, so it's funny, really funny and for all the right reasons.

Our cup overflows.

It's a sheer joy and a present moment creative act of love, the pursuit, the striving, with the wounds of our sorrow and suffering (our cross to bear) already factored into the equation.

And in that creative space of all goodness and love, where is the urge to sin?

It's a non-coersive,unconditionally loving, invitational, uncomprosming, all-or-nothing proposition given freely and communicated by the love of God himself embodied and personified with infinite intelligence and the absolute simplicity of a singularity of boundless love and the possibility of new life (resurrection).

This resurrection principal then becomes the very cornerstone of the foundation of the house built on the rock of ages.

We can do it together, for all the right reasons, while having the courage to die to the old man and become true to ourselves as we really are and as children of a loving God who is pleased to share his eternal kingdom of light and love and of spirit informing matter.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

I think that was the original plan; The Messiah overthrows Roman Rule; and establishes the "New Bank of Jerus (Jesus Salem) elem". No effective Backer (God).

Heh yeah, like a bank heist of the right kind, and a swapping of power, with God getting the last laugh..

maybe even, as "reparation" (more like "get out of town and never come back again") a chest of temple gold, one of those shiny white suits worn by the two, likely Arimathea's friends, standing by the tomb when the women came to anoint the body who said "Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here.." (smiling),

Jesus has risen.

24 On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. 2 They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. 5 In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6 He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7 ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ” 8 Then they remembered his words.

with Jesus not long thereafter (after saying goodbye in his own way to his friends) riding out of town on a one horse carriage into the sunset, a bride (to be.. wink) at his side, laughing all the way "ho ho ho"

Could you imagine?!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Let's see, hmmm. Maybe the Pope gave it all away and sold the farm then when he presented himself as a "secret Santa"..?

BBC News
Thursday, 22 December 2005, 05:07 GMT

'Santa Pope' woos Vatican crowds

Pope Benedict XVI appears to be getting into a different kind of Christmas spirit, donning a Santa-style hat for his weekly appearance at the Vatican.
At a chilly St Peter's Square, the Pope draped a red cloak over his shoulders and covered his head with a red velvet hat lined with white fur.

PULLING THE HAT DOWN TIGHT [Shhhhhh!]
(nice white suit too, dazzling, shiney!!)

Things that make ya go hmmm...

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

And in that creative space of all goodness and love, where is the urge to sin?

This resurrection principal then becomes the very cornerstone of the foundation of the house built on the rock of ages.

Jesus himself was tempted to sin, temptations must come but woe to the one who does the tempting. We have urges to sin but we need to overcome those urges by resisting the devil, and in doing so, the devil will flee, rather than persist as you said earlier.

Please explain this resurection principle to me I'm not sure I understand the gist of what you are trying to say, because the way I see it, the foundation is the truth, Jesus is the truth, so not only is Jesus the cornerstone, he is the foundation and the capstone as well. Jesus is both the alpha and the omega. Jesus is not the only person alive today who has been resurected from the dead, see my first thread if you will. Jesus is the resurrection and the life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution