It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential drone false flag?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I've noticed something lately, and to be quite frank, I have little to no evidence (bad form, I know) but I can't shake the feeling that something is up. That being said, this is just a hypothetical scenario.

Could an attack by supposedly hacked drones be a future false flag?

I mean, after 9/11 people were fearful and panicked. The result: the Patriot act, one of the largest assaults on our rights to date. Today, we are expanding our drone fleet, and putting them over U.S. populations, all while our politicians ( on both sides) work to justify their use. Meanwhile, we make more apparent enemies everyday in he rest of the world.

Media has hinted at drone hijacking being a threat in multiple outlets...
* Rogue drones were mentioned at the end of one of the Mission Impossible movies
* The drone fleet being hacked by terrorist known as Cordis Die in the game COD: Black Ops II

We all have seen such media attempts to desensitize us in the past, so this is nothing new. In addition, for a presentation to the DHS, Professor Todd Humphreys of Texas and a small team hacked a drone to prove their vulnerability.

Is it really that far-fetched to believe that a false flag drone hijacking would be used to implement more invasive legislature, Martial Law, or even justify a gun grab?? Maybe all three, or something else entirely, such as moving in UN troops? Worst of all, it would be absolutely evidence free, no one could prove that the drones weren't hacked, and the fast asleep masses would take their word for it.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by igniterevolution

creative and good Idea ! but a drone can not be very attracting. a plane full of passengers and hitting somewhere crowded can be far more better for something like sep !!.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I agree that the scenario you propose is actually very plausible. Iran has supposedly hacked what, two drones? I can see a scenario being presented to the American people that Iran has hijacked a fleet of our drones to attack America's inner structure. It's a win, win, win situation for TPTB. Iran(the current bad guy threat to freedom) gets blamed, the population gets thinned, World War III gets a good jump start and they get to implement martial law to "protect us all". Lots more I could put down but I think this is an effective start.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Im not sure about hacked drones as a false flag, seems like them blaming another country for the attack is more likely if a FF drone attack did happen.

It's interesting that you made this thread because lately I've seen some comments on different sites suggesting the Renegade officer in LA, his actions will be used as justification to bomb an american citizen on u.s. soil.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

True, if just one or two were hacked, but the entire fleet? Between dropping their payload, and kamikaze style attacks, a well planned attack could see death tolls in the millions. While commercial jets may serve to play sympathy to the few thousand victims, the 30000 plus drones planned to be held by police and dhs alone has potential to be far more devastating, let alone the military drones. I honestly think it serves to thin the population, start war in an already tense global theatre, and gives the govt. an excuse to withdraw rights and spend more money to build a more secure drone fleet to replace the ones just trashed.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Yeah, not to mention, a college professor and a few students ( although it was a DHS experiment) were able to easily hack our current drones. If some students with about $1000 funding can figure it out, any govt. could, thus giving them a backstory to blame any given country (Iran, Korea, China, Russia, etc...)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If you thought of it, you better believe they've thought of it, and probably have a memo about it.

I don't know if they'd do it, but never forget what Dead Prez says: "In the real world, these just people with ideas/They're just like you and me when the smoke and cameras disappear..."

And what would YOU do with an agenda you firmly believed was morally correct and almost unlimited power?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay Electronica

I could see that as well, there's a lot of things that make people really uncomfortable about drones, but the rampant complacency of the country seems to prevail.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I hate to give the A-holes any ideas but believe if I can think it, surly "they" already have. Imagine this if you will. Passenger liners flying all over the country, over major cities, low level coming in for a landing at the in city airports. A drone flies in, knocks the sucker right outta the air into the city. This is one of many scenarios for weapons of mass destruction being turned in to weapons of even more mass destruction!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I think it is far more likely that they will use an event (such as the current situation in LA) to justify a drone attack on america. Once the first one happens, its all over.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

What would hacking a surveillance drone achieve?

Armed drones aren't flying over US citizens heads. So at worst all they can do is fly them into a building or whatever and do damage that way...

And really, it's not going to be much damage, is it?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

You might be right, but they each carry enough fuel to fly for days on end, so even a surveillance drone could do a good bit of damage to a building/ start a lot of fires in major cities. The other issue is the DHS among others have been after armed drones for some time. I mean they probably wouldn't have showed as much concern over how easily they were hacked if they were all just surveillance drones.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

That's very plausible too. I've always wondered, being that many surveillance drones share a similar platform as the payload carrying drones, if there's a chance the majority are in fact weaponized.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Yea that's what I was going to say.

As far as I know the ones over America will not be armed so they would just have to crash it into something. If they want to do that then why not just remote pilot a helicopter which is probably alot cheaper.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

What would hacking a surveillance drone achieve?

Text
So at worst all they can do is fly them into a building or whatever and do damage that way...

And really, it's not going to be much damage, is it?

And of coarse, you can prove this statement.

Armed drones aren't flying over US citizens heads.

How do we know that "armed" drones are not flying over us now? Shall we take someone's word for it? With all the lies rained down upon us these days, do you think it wise to assume anything?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

How do we know that "armed" drones are not flying over us now? Shall we take someone's word for it? With all the lies rained down upon us these days, do you think it wise to assume anything?

You're assuming they could be armed.

What evidence do you have to support the theory that armed drones are flying in US civilian airspace?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Well chad, I have not stated that there ARE armed drones flying over the US. Had I stated that I know there are drones flying over the US, with armament, the only proof I would feel would need to be presented would be that they said they had none. We here all know that they are habitual liars and say the exact opposite that they do.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
As for the "30,000 drones for the police" every one of those is at best an RC plane sized UAV. They won't do anything except hurt a small handful of people. The police aren't getting Predators or large sized UAVs, they're getting hand launched aircraft, both quadcopter, and aircraft types.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Looks like they already been tracking Dorner with drones. They could easily label him a terrorist and that means elimination by any means would be justifiable.

Yesterday, as a task force of 125 officers, some riding Snowcats in the rugged terrain, continued their search, it was revealed that Dorner has become the first human target for remotely-controlled airborne drones on US soil.

A senior police source said: “The thermal imaging cameras the drones use may be our only hope of finding him. On the ground, it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack.”Asked directly if drones have already been deployed, Riverside Police Chief Sergio Diaz, who is jointly leading the task force, said: “We are using all the tools at our disposal.”

The use of drones was later confirmed by Customs and Border Patrol spokesman Ralph DeSio, who revealed agents have been prepared for Dorner to make a dash for the Mexican border since his rampage began.He said: “This agency has been at the forefront of domestic use of drones by law enforcement. That’s all I can say at the moment.”

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by ajay59

You're assuming they could be armed.

What evidence do you have to support the theory that armed drones are flying in US civilian airspace?

Offensive use of UAVs are completely classified by the u.s. government, credible information on that would be very difficult to obtain.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
As for the "30,000 drones for the police" every one of those is at best an RC plane sized UAV. They won't do anything except hurt a small handful of people. The police aren't getting Predators or large sized UAVs, they're getting hand launched aircraft, both quadcopter, and aircraft types.

Yea, your right. We are all just way paranoid and take everything our masters say as golden. NOT! Do you really believe us all to be mentally deficient enough that we would go along with that tripe? These people, IMHO, are out to totally dominate all of us. Collect what pay you are able and resign. Join the people if you would like to be on the winning side.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join