It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't anyone talking about "Zenith"?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So I watched the movie Zenith last night, and thought it was very thought provoking. I couldn't believe when I did a thread search for it on this site, that there were so few discussions about it. There's only 1 real thread and even that has nothing substantial in it. This is supposed to be a conspiracy site right? How are people not talking about one of the most conspiracy laden movies ever? It confirms one of my recent beliefs about the people on this site....no one's interested in the conspiracy. You're just a bunch of political and news junkies who have a slightly different take on the mainstream news. No one is trying to find out THE conspiracy. The Zenith, so to speak. No one is trying to find out the truth on this site, you're all just trying to validate your own opinions.
Now back to the movie. It's supposed to be made by Anonymous. These are people who have access to above top secret documents. How are more people not trying to watch the video to see what secrets they are revealing?
Everything I've found about the movie has been about the story in it. C'mon! Is everyone that stupid?!? The story isn't the important part. What they say between the lines, and in some cases the lines themselves, are the important parts.
Maybe I just went into the movie with a different assumption. I assumed they would try to reveal something in it. And I'm certain they did. You can clearly tell the difference when they are talking to the viewer about the conspiracy in our world, versus progressing the story.
But NO ONE is even talking about what the movie is trying to reveal. Not on IMDB forums not on this site, no where. Everyone's just confused about what happens at the end of the movie! It's obviously not important what happens. What's important is what the ending is trying to say! It's obviously something that they aren't allowed to actually say!

So here are the important questions the video raises that I'd like answers to.
Where's video 11?
What is the ending of the video trying to convey?
and now for what I think is the big one, the one that is hidden pretty well. Early in the video, the narrator mentions he's not interested in the conspiracy, he's interested in why certain words were banned.
I feel this is the most important part of the movie....why were certain words banned?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Sounds fascinating!

From Wiki.....

In the post-apocalyptic year 2044, the population has been genetically altered to live in a constant state of happiness, but without sorrow, happiness dissipates, leaving only a feeling of never-ending paresthesia. Only pain can make people feel alive. Jack (Peter Scanavino), a young man and former neurosurgeon, is a peddler of substances that induce pain. A stranger knocks on Jack’s door and hands him a single video tape that Jack’s long lost father, Ed Alexander Crowley (Jason Robards III), left behind. It is the first in a series of 10 tapes in which Ed has documented his life and his pursuit of what he calls the “Grand Conspiracy,” a conspiracy that quite possibly could be the answer to what happened to Jack’s world. Inspired by his father’s tape, Jack sets out on his own investigation. But in order to solve the whole puzzle, he must locate the remaining nine tapes. Jack begins to track down four more tapes, but the larger answer still eludes him. Jack meets the provocative Lisa (Ana Asensio) in a strip club, and is struck by the fact that she is just as conflicted and lonely as he is. Through her, Jack encounters the possibility of real love. As Jack finds the remaining tapes, the lines between his interior and exterior world blur, leading him to question reality itself. Lisa and Jack decide to abandon the search for the tapes and leave the city. Jack locates Ed’s last tape, and is suddenly faced with the same choice his father had to make forty years ago: to surrender his soul, or to remain true to himself, no matter the consequences. Jack's reality becomes the same reality as the final tape. The final scene reveals Jack as an institutionalized patient (named Ed Crowley) with both a brain tumour and epilepsy taking part in a clinical research trial in 2012. The movie ends with him scribbling notes about Zenith while being monitored by a camera in his cell. He wonders if this isn't another part of the conspiracy. Cast

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

It's very fascinating. It's been on Netflix for some time. Finally got around to watching it last night.
The story itself is interesting itself. But I'm fairly certain there's more to it.

edit on 9-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
If you liked the movie, try writing a review on your thoughts.

A well written movie review has been known to get some positive attention from at least one Moderator, and quite a number of movie buffs.
BTS Movie Forum

rather than take people to task about something they may not even known about. Try helping it see the light of day.

We appreciate more eyes on good media. There is so much out there to see.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I want to rant about it, not write a review about the movie lol. I feel it reveals a disturbing trend for this site. Most people are using it as a site for mainstream news with a slight spin on it. Very few are truly trying to find the truth.
Plus I suck at actual reviews.

So I'm ranting about 2 things here, even if they are related.
edit on 9-2-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Oh, don't get me wrong, you can rant AND review.
There is even a thread on Netflix Gems

Where Netflix subscribers talk about good stuff they've seen. I've had Netflix for quite a while, and I've missed some good stuff. Sometimes the descriptions are iffy, and the rating system includes political and religious bias. So it's not always accurate.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yeah, I think I didn't watch that one because it isn't a very original idea. I mean, I already watched a knockoff of Brave New World, it is called Absolon, and it starred the Highlander himself Mr. Christopher Lambert... and so I have put in my time already.

But if it is as good as you say, then I guess I will give it a watch.

top topics

join