It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God love everyone? Westboro says NO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7
Let me point out cancer deaths, God adviced to eat good and pure food, we now get stuffed with artificial preservatives, colouring agents, chemicals and hormones and they are allowed till they are 'below' toxic levels. I dont think you'l take a sip of a poison everyday just because its only fatal if you down the whole bottle at once.
Who do you hold responsible for deaths due to this?

Are you saying people that die of cancer die because of their diet?

So anyone that dies of cancer has only themselves to blame?

Really?

Are you a member of WBC?....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Smokers and drinkers, yes.

What does WBC have to do with that? Are you always so quick with your allegations?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to [url= by Prezbo369[/url]

What does WBC have to do with that? Are you always so quick with your allegations?

I don't think that word means what you think it means....

The person I replied to mentioned 'pure food, we now get stuffed with artificial preservatives, colouring agents, chemicals and hormones' specifically, not cigarettes and alcohol.....read more and then reply...if you can help yourself...

edit on 11-2-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

"God" is personally responsible for the equivalent of four Holocausts, according to the closest Biblical approximations. Not to mention allowing the last Holocaust to transpire. Is that what you were looking for?

So ur saying the creator of the universe should never be sovereign?

Let's drop the red herrings shall we?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

The person I replied to mentioned 'pure food, we now get stuffed with artificial preservatives, colouring agents, chemicals and hormones' specifically, not cigarettes and alcohol.....read more and then reply...if you can help yourself...

For one thing God cannot give what He doesn't have. God doesn't have cancer. And what about the farmer who works long hours in the sun without spf 25 sunscreen? When he gets skin cancer I suppose that's his doing as well.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

For one thing God cannot give what He doesn't have. God doesn't have cancer. And what about the farmer who works long hours in the sun without spf 25 sunscreen? When he gets skin cancer I suppose that's his doing as well.

That is illogical.

If "God" cannot give what he doesn't have, then how was evil created? According to your assertion, his lack of evil would have prevented him from creating such, which implies another equally powerful force created evil. I say equally powerful because if it hadn't been, "God" would surely have crushed it before it had the chance to create anything.

Try another lie.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Because evil isn't a creation. It's a secondary consequence of a creation; free will.

edit on 11-2-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Because evil isn't a creation. It's a secondary consequence of a creation; free will.

Free will is not a creation though. It's an idea. Just like evil. Good, evil, and free will are all ideas. You can't touch them. You can't smell them. You can't see them. But you can contemplate them. They are ideas, viewpoints, perceptions. Each of them is a way of looking at something. It's a way of seeing the world, a filter through which to react.

This FACT brings us to another line of thought - "God" is omniscient. Which means that he knows everything there is to know, and then some. Theoretically, this means that he is also intimately familiar with evil. Which means he is impure. And if we are created in his image, that means we also have the potential for evil because something that is impure cannot create something that is pure without outside help. The logical conclusion is that mankind is flawed because "God" is flawed...but he would much rather profess to be perfect because no one is smart enough to prove otherwise, except for select members of ATS.

This omniscience and omnipotence thing is terribly inconvenient. It smacks down every available excuse. So sorry, Mr God, but it looks like you have NO ALIBI AND NO DEFENSE.
edit on 11-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by logical7

reply to post by logical7

i agree completely to everything you have said above but then i am confused, why so much dislike towards God?

Because he never fails to put himself before everyone else. Because he complains about the world being so evil, when he is the one who created evil. Because he judges his children for behaving exactly as he designed them to. Because he threw one of his greatest creations under a bus for daring to have a different opinion. Because he views us as objects to be owned and used, rather than people to be known and loved. Because he teaches humility and practices arrogance. Because he can't stand to lose. Ever. Because he doesn't care what we want, he knows what he wants and that's that. Because he's the most capable being in existence, but acts like the biggest, most incapable loser of all time. Because he's killed more people than four Hitlers put together, and caused the deaths of billions more, but he's still the biggest hero in the world. Because he advocates love and tolerance, but gives us a thousand reasons to hate and judge one another. Because he's omnipotent, but he can't solve a problem without creating another one for the hell of it. Because he's omniscient, but his incredible foresight doesn't do crap. Because he brags about how much he can do and has done, how much he loves his children and how he promises to save all of us if we just believe in him, yet the world is still the same steaming pile of hostility, just with lots more weapons to destroy itself with.

Because he's a royal effing prick, that's why. Assuming he actually exists, of course.

WOW!! That was umm.. Informative about your stand.
Do you realise that this will affect you negatively? When you spend so much energy on hating a god you doubt exists.
My idea of God calms me, your idea aggitates and irks you. Why you choose to make it difficult for yourself?

AfterInfinities idea construct regarding "BlowHardGod' is liberating. No yolk necklace; having to expouse the most exasperating belief system ever, (excepting the Mormans BECAUSE MORONI the white Salamander exists REALLY AND FOR TRUE and where have you all been not to recieve this "GOOD NEWS" message). You may be under the assumption here that there is a hatred for a God Construct COMPLETELY INVENTED by humans. YOU WOULD BE DEAD ON. Spirituality is the black sheep bleeting sware words lost in the cornfield wondering where its master is (as it got off of its tether).
edit on 11-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I am getting pretty sick and tired of you making absolutely no sense. Sober up, take come grammar lessons, and come back when you're ready to actually contribute something that doesn't make my eyes hurt just reading, let alone attempting to comprehend it.

Sorry for not piling on the sugar, but I have asked politely more than enough times for you to get the point. And apparently, you don't.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

So, you are saying a FREE WILL philosophy based on John Mill written oh, last near century sprung into existance 400,000 thousand years ago with Adam and Eve. How could that be? Free will caused evil. Mill is rolling in his grave. Creation is evil is what you are implying.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

edit on 11-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

No, what's meant by it's a creation is that we were created with free will. The ability to obey God or rebel.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

So, you are saying a FREE WILL philosophy based on John Mill written oh, last near century sprung into existance 400,000 thousand years ago with Adam and Eve. How could that be? Free will caused evil. Mill is rolling in his grave. Creation is evil is what you are implying.

Actually, I'm not "saying" any of that.

Straw man arguments.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

No, what's meant by it's a creation is that we were created with free will. The ability to obey God or rebel.

Sounds a lot like totalitarianism.

"You're either with me, or you're against me. And trust me, against me is a very bad place to be."

You either win or you lose. At least in sports, if you lose, you get to walk away and try again some other day. It shows that you have improvements to make, and you can choose whether to improve or be satisfied. And no one holds it against you, because that's your decision. THAT is free will. Not what you're talking about. I don't understand what the point of having free will is if you're just going to be punished for doing what you want.

So try again. If you're going to sell me crap, make it worthwhile.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I am getting pretty sick and tired of you making absolutely no sense. Sober up, take come grammar lessons, and come back when you're ready to actually contribute something that doesn't make my eyes hurt just reading, let alone attempting to comprehend it.

Sorry for not piling on the sugar, but I have asked politely more than enough times for you to get the point. And apparently, you don't.

Read the posts from right to left backwards and upside down. A good pair of glasses or contacts should help.
As far as comprehending; pretty sure there is a prescription drug available for that, but ALLWAYS consult your primary care doctor first, those mind altering drugs can be tricky.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Read the posts from right to left backwards and upside down. A good pair of glasses or contacts should help.
As far as comprehending; pretty sure there is a prescription drug available for that, but ALLWAYS consult your primary care doctor first, those mind altering drugs can be tricky.

Your sarcasm is not appreciated. What would be appreciated is a little cooperation from you in this matter. I've made my desires clear. I'm not unreasonable. I would just prefer a little more coherence on your part, a little more relevance. Is that such a terrible request?

Please and thank you.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Totalitarianism??

Totalitarian leaders don't offer their subjects choices.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Totalitarianism??

Totalitarian leaders don't offer their subjects choices.

Yes they do. It varies from empire to empire, but generally, the biggest choice is: do as I say and live, or refuse to accommodate my desires and be killed/imprisoned. Or in this case: "serve me or go to hell - literally."

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Oh yes God has Cancer its called the race of beings It created.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join