It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God love everyone? Westboro says NO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Christianity is a cult too. Have you forgotten that all of their ideas come from verifiable scripture located in the Bible?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Most... if not all religions compete for members

yes, thats my point. How will religion A poach a member from religion B if both contain hell? By telling my hell is hotter? How can A convert with fear of hell if their is an equal fear of being in hell of B if B is left. The factor of Hell cancels out. Right?

Telling people that hell is a myth is a
conversion tactic? Which religion would said people be
attempting to convert others to? Perhaps a religion that supports a
loving God as opposed to a
egomaniacal terrorist?

look at God as a mirror, would you stand infront of God and point at Him and say "egomaniac terrorist"?
The accounts you read to judge Him were written by 'egomaniacs' doesnt make him that.
Hell is a natural consequence of doing wrong, unless there is remorse. Removing it is a implied invitation to do wrong.
Actually conversion tactic is to promise to save from it or say its a myth.
people who are better dont need fear of hell to be good but not all are that smart or spiritual. Until everyone learns the golden rule of prophets 'do to others what you want to be done to you' deeply enough. Hell is needed to make sure that it doesnt let "all hell break out" on earth.
edit on 10-2-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

Hell is a natural consequence of doing wrong, unless there is remorse. Removing it is a implied invitation to do wrong.

What about creating the desire to do wrong?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

What about creating the desire to do wrong?

it was creating a free choice to do right or wrong and to have some personal fun till it doesnt wrong others.
If you would rather choose to be an angel (not even knowing what choice is) and standing as a guard and helper to a tree for decades then you dont appreciate the gift.
You must have played chess and must know what happens when even two minds play from one side, if not at least you can imagine.
It would not be harmonious.
The unharmony(wrongs) happen due to the same reasons until people submit to play according to the All Wise but its not about being a robot as you think, you may have fun but not cross a limit that crosses into another's freedom, this is the 'wrong'
Angels naturally dont do it but neither have fun.
The problem is you cant comprehend the effects of your action fully and so find some restrictions as unjust. God knows it best.
Why dont you built a new theory from a nice God downward and see how that works out.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

it was creating a free choice to do right or wrong and to have some personal fun till it doesnt wrong others.

That's not what I asked and you know it.

If you would rather choose to be an angel (not even knowing what choice is) and standing as a guard and helper to a tree for decades then you dont appreciate the gift.

There's no point to creating an opportunity when you know how that opportunity will be utilized. If he consistently chooses to ignore his highly extensive foresight and provide us with opportunities to use the negativity he gifted us with, that's his damn problem. I didn't make myself flawed. I didn't choose to be born. And I don't control the circumstances surrounding my entire lifetime. But guess who does control all that? If he doesn't like it, he can do something about it. And if he were really so loving, he would. Maybe he should have been a little more careful with his perpetually useless omnipotence. What's the use of being all-powerful if you don't use it, especially when you want so much from the world?

He might as well be a human being, for all the good he does. I'll appreciate his so-called "gift" when he starts appreciating the flaws he gave us. Until then, he can go to hell. I hear there's a special place for people like him...

The unharmony(wrongs) happen due to the same reasons until people submit to play according to the All Wise but its not about being a robot as you think, you may have fun but not cross a limit that crosses into another's freedom, this is the 'wrong'

That's not free will. "Submission" is not free will. Submission is handing over the wheel. You know, from the sounds of it, that's as far as this free will thing goes. You have the freedom to surrender control of your life, or keep it. If you keep it, you're damned. If you surrender your life, you are the pawn of "God". I don't know who taught you the definition of free will, but that is NOT it.

Why dont you built a new theory from a nice God downward and see how that works out.

Oddly enough, I have come to the conclusion that the best god is an unconscious one. A law of nature, if you will. A divine principle. A physical factor that operates subtly in the underground of the most minute physics, allowing us to make our own choices and invoking an intricate series of consequences for every act we commit. Completely impartial and unerringly focused. That's a perfect deity in my book. There's a goal, and you can reach it how you want. Make a bed if you want one, but you sleep in the bed you make.

No heaven, no hell. Joy and agony are yours to have if you want, but nothing is without positive and negative. There is always a lesson to learn, a joy to be found, and a price to pay. But that doesn't work with a biased god in charge.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I have come to the conclusion that the best god is an unconscious one. A law of nature, if you will. A divine principle. A physical factor that operates subtly in the underground of the most minute physics, allowing us to make our own choices and invoking an intricate series of consequences for every act we commit. Completely impartial and unerringly focused. That's a perfect deity in my book. There's a goal, and you can reach it how you want. Make a bed if you want one, but you sleep in the bed you make. No heaven, no hell. Joy and agony are yours to have if you want, but nothing is without positive and negative. There is always a lesson to learn, a joy to be found, and a price to pay. But that doesn't work with a biased god in charge.

interestingly i agree to this diety of yours
but wouldnt that require an earth per person?
As how can you be free if you are locked in a room with a big bully. Right?
your choice according to common sense is limited to either bend down and get bullied or stand up and get hurt but that breaks the natural law, you got hurt with no fault of yours.
Who will you complain to. The unconcious god? How can the laws of nature,physics etc ever punish the bully according to you?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

but wouldnt that require an earth per person?
As how can you be free if you are locked in a room with a big bully. Right?
your choice according to common sense is limited to either bend down and get bullied or stand up and get hurt but that breaks the natural law, you got hurt with no fault of yours.

This provides you an opportunity to learn. How and what, is completely up to you. If you can't figure it out, then that proves you have something to learn.

Who will you complain to. The unconcious god? How can the laws of nature,physics etc ever punish the bully according to you?

Why does there need to be punishment? Punishment is a symptom of vanity, believing someone must suffer personally for what you have suffered personally. This only teaches you to pay a wrong with another wrong.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

This provides you an opportunity to learn. How and what, is completely up to you. If you can't figure it out, then that proves you have something to learn.

i find that interesting but dint get it fully, how can my learning make a difference, yes i'l do learn that its wrong to bully, can you explain more?

Why does there need to be
punishment? Punishment is a
symptom of vanity, believing someone
must suffer personally for what you
have suffered personally. This only
teaches you to pay a wrong with another wrong.

that is impressive. I am a bit surprised and sorry for assuming things about you. You believe in forgiving?
edit on 10-2-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

i find that interesting but dint get it fully, how can my learning make a difference, yes i'l do learn that its wrong to bully, can you explain more?

Learn to not just care about your side of the story, or your side of life. Learn to understand and empathize with all creatures, even the lowest of them...for they have dreams too.

that is impressive. I am a bit surprised and sorry for assuming things about you. You believe in forgiving?

I believe that while malice causes pain, malice is also born of pain.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Learn to not just care about your side of the story, or your side of life. Learn to understand and empathize with all creatures, even the lowest of them...for they have dreams too.

I believe that while malice causes pain, malice is also born of pain.

i agree completely to everything you have said above but then i am confused, why so much dislike towards God?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

i agree completely to everything you have said above but then i am confused, why so much dislike towards God?

Because he never fails to put himself before everyone else. Because he complains about the world being so evil, when he is the one who created evil. Because he judges his children for behaving exactly as he designed them to. Because he threw one of his greatest creations under a bus for daring to have a different opinion. Because he views us as objects to be owned and used, rather than people to be known and loved. Because he teaches humility and practices arrogance. Because he can't stand to lose. Ever. Because he doesn't care what we want, he knows what he wants and that's that. Because he's the most capable being in existence, but acts like the biggest, most incapable loser of all time. Because he's killed more people than four Hitlers put together, and caused the deaths of billions more, but he's still the biggest hero in the world. Because he advocates love and tolerance, but gives us a thousand reasons to hate and judge one another. Because he's omnipotent, but he can't solve a problem without creating another one for the hell of it. Because he's omniscient, but his incredible foresight doesn't do crap. Because he brags about how much he can do and has done, how much he loves his children and how he promises to save all of us if we just believe in him, yet the world is still the same steaming pile of hostility, just with lots more weapons to destroy itself with.

Because he's a royal effing prick, that's why. Assuming he actually exists, of course.

edit on 10-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Because he never fails to put himself before everyone else. Because he complains about the world being so evil, when he is the one who created evil. Because he judges his children for behaving exactly as he designed them to. Because he threw one of his greatest creations under a bus for daring to have a different opinion. Because he views us as objects to be owned and used, rather than people to be known and loved. Because he teaches humility and practices arrogance. Because he can't stand to lose. Ever. Because he doesn't care what we want, he knows what he wants and that's that. Because he's the most capable being in existence, but acts like the biggest, most incapable loser of all time. Because he's killed more people than four Hitlers put together, and caused the deaths of billions more, but he's still the biggest hero in the world. Because he advocates love and tolerance, but gives us a thousand reasons to hate and judge one another. Because he's omnipotent, but he can't solve a problem without creating another one for the hell of it. Because he's omniscient, but his incredible foresight doesn't do crap. Because he brags about how much he can do and has done, how much he loves his children and how he promises to save all of us if we just believe in him, yet the world is still the same steaming pile of hostility, just with lots more weapons to destroy itself with.

Because he's a royal effing prick, that's why. Assuming he actually exists, of course.

WOW!! That was umm.. Informative about your stand.
Do you realise that this will affect you negatively? When you spend so much energy on hating a god you doubt exists.
My idea of God calms me, your idea aggitates and irks you. Why you choose to make it difficult for yourself?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

That's a good question. I really don't know. Maybe I'm tired of everyone forgetting the fact that true power comes from within, not from without.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Christianity is a cult too. Have you forgotten that all of their ideas come from verifiable scripture located in the Bible?

I think you should re-examine the definition of a cult for starters, secondly Scripture needs to be applied with hermaneutics. Heck, I can follow two verses out of context right now and it will lead to alcoholism!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

edit on 10-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I knew you had it within you to tell the truth (your soul screaming THAT WAS A FOUL BALL). No one caught it? the unecessary roughness, clotheslining, Any referees watching? You have no idea how happy I am. To everyone reading this Post by AfterInfinity IT IS MY ANTHEM AS WELL so beautiful in its outrage so purely spoken (enlightened). Focused Brilliance in best form truth telling ever. Can you repost this to "Age Old Question?" (not my reply) just your statement? I am serious. So proud of you.
edit on 10-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I think you should re-examine the definition of a cult for starters, secondly Scripture needs to be applied with hermaneutics. Heck, I can follow two verses out of context right now and it will lead to alcoholism!

I do not think so. Scripture needs to be read with a vomit bucket next to the bedside; as in as one is a heroin addict you wean yourself off slowly, as not to die of shock/body/spirit withdrawal. "Religion is the opiate of the Masses", Lenin, Trotsky or both attributed quoted. King James Version Good Luck in decifering that oblique mishmash of wordy testimony (coming from the most high?).
edit on 10-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Should we be quoting someone responsible for the deaths of 4 - 6 million people?

Have any enlightening Hitler quotes to share?
edit on 11-2-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

"God" is personally responsible for the equivalent of four Holocausts, according to the closest Biblical approximations. Not to mention allowing the last Holocaust to transpire. Is that what you were looking for?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

That's a good question. I really don't know. Maybe I'm tired of everyone forgetting the fact that true power comes from within, not from without.

indeed! The first thing to do is to turn inside, get introspective and things will start revealing themselves.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

"God" is personally responsible for the equivalent of four Holocausts, according to the closest Biblical approximations. Not to mention allowing the last Holocaust to transpire. Is that what you were looking for?

dont you think you have a narrower perspective of death? Maybe from the point of view of God death is not so bad, maybe just an end to a few hours of a school test. I bet we have sometimes eagerly waited for tests to get over so that we can be 'free'
the hard fact is everybody will die, natural or unatural death, you'l only complain about wrongful unatural deaths when you believe that death is an end.
Let me point out cancer deaths, God adviced to eat good and pure food, we now get stuffed with artificial preservatives, colouring agents, chemicals and hormones and they are allowed till they are 'below' toxic levels. I dont think you'l take a sip of a poison everyday just because its only fatal if you down the whole bottle at once.
Who do you hold responsible for deaths due to this?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join