It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we heading into a new Ice Age ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

It's also no coincidence that every time those planes, leaving long "lingering contrails" come out, the weather changes. Not sure what that's all about, but
reply to post by theillusion

Right. It isn't a coincidence.
What it is about is that approaching weather affects the formation of contrails. www.weatherdudes.com...

edit on 2/9/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It's also no coincidence that every time those planes, leaving long "lingering contrails" come out, the weather changes. Not sure what that's all about, but
reply to post by theillusion

Right. It isn't a coincidence.
What it is about is that approaching weather affects the formation of contrails. www.weatherdudes.com...

So strange that I still haven't spotted those contrail sheets here yet, even in our cold time of the year.

Maybe it's a phenomenon unique to North America between the latitudes of 24deg North to 49deg North?

I have not witnessed contrail sheets in Northern Luzon Philippines 14deg North to 19deg North in the last 7 years.

Strange yeah?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

I also live in the tropics and rarely see contrails. For two reasons primarily:
Conditions for contrail production are less prevalent at lower latitudes.
Where I live there are few high altitude over flights.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
the weather in most parts of the world is going to CHANGE (is currently changing). so.... wherever you live the weather is going to be different than it has been in the recent past.

some areas will become much colder than they were in the recent past and some areas will be much warmer and drier than they were in the recent past.

change like this has happened on the planet before.....

BUT it has never happened at this SPEED with this many people in such densely populated areas.

i don't know how much simpler to explain it.

the climate is changing in all areas. get used to extreme weather that will cost your state a lot of money whether it be due to drought or due to flood or due to snow or due to heat.

edit on 10-2-2013 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The easy answer is no. We are still IN an Ice Age, and have never left it. You can't have a new one when the present one is ongoing. We are simply in an interglacial period.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I´m going to have to disagree.
Nothing out of the ordinary at 65°01′N 025°28′E.
Cold and snow.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by tallcool1

Seriously - global warming will cause a lot of the planet to cool down?
Is a lot of the planet seeing record low temperatures? Can you provide some statistics on that?

On the other hand:
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Phage - 99.9% of the time I tend to agree with what you say and am part of your "fan club". In this case, I think you must not have caught the fact that I was questioning the AGW crowd saying that global warming is causing the planet to cool - hence the question mark and mocking tone. Maybe you just dont get it when other people are mocking a statement or something...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

No. I got it.
The point is the planet is not cooling down.
Your mocking statement was wrong.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

1. I mock them for saying the planet is cooling due to global warming.
2. You say the planet is not cooling.
3. I say that was my point.
4. Somehow I'm still wrong.

I'm still a fan - just confused now...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

1. I mock them for saying the planet is cooling due to global warming.

They don't say the planet is cooling.
Does that clear it up?
edit on 2/12/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok - I get the point you were trying to make. I misunderstood what you were saying ...well, I already explained that.

Still, I have read news stories or articles or whatever where some AGW expert claims that global warming causes global cooling such as:

www.livescience.com...

Not saying that this was the article I read, because I really don't remember - but there are "experts" and "scientists" that make this claim - as I'm sure there are just as many if not more debunking this claim.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Maybe you're confused about things like increased precipitation (snow) because of warming. Changing ocean currents could also cause some particular places to experience reduced temperatures. But global warming, means overall, the average temperature for the planet is increasing.

edit on 2/12/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hey, Phage I posted a vid on page 1.From your replies I have read I believe you strongly disagree (is that mild) with suspiciousobserver.While I don't take him to heart I have found myself listening.Would you tell me what the flaw's in his observation's are so I can get my head on straight?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Again - missed my point. I'm not trying to have a p!ssing match with you, Phage. I'm not even disagreeing with you - either way, I quit. I was wrong. You win.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I'm not arguing.
I saw what I thought was a misunderstanding on your part. I have never seen any claims that global warming would cause global cooling. This seemed to be your point, that there were such claims. If the misunderstanding was on my part I apologize.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Ben81

Seems the Mayan Calendar was more of an ice age marking calendar. We are definitely heading for cooler temperatures during the winters and summers for the next 30 years. Best case Mini Ice Age like the Dalton or Maunder Minimum.
Good series of videos from adapt 2030 on the subject of sunspot count and solar minimum connection.
Sunspots and Cooling Temperatures

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
What about the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico three years ago? I feel it might have changed the ocean's currents in the Atlantic. Or maybe the polar ice caps melting and desalinating the oceans some with the fresh water changing the conveyer of currents. Or the radiation from Japan in the Pacific ocean. We are such polluters. The Earth is probably going to reset. I see these diseases emerging as a reset.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: frugal

That's still a relevant question on the Gulf gusher. I don't consider it a "spill". I'm not sure about changing currents, but perhaps it is possible. There are so many unknowns about the effects, amounts leaked, chemicals added etc. to have a formed opinion. Oil on the surface (as it rises to the top) does not help the wind make waves.

The radiation in Japan is something else entirely, probably more affecting the food chain without prejudice (like Gulf of Mexico but a different kind of circumstantial contamination) and little to no impact on ocean currents or other petroleum related effects.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Climate depot states that all the American states are having below average temperatures, for this time of year, even Texas, anyone in Texas care to reply?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolarMinimun
a reply to: Ben81

Seems the Mayan Calendar was more of an ice age marking calendar. We are definitely heading for cooler temperatures during the winters and summers for the next 30 years. Best case Mini Ice Age like the Dalton or Maunder Minimum.
Good series of videos from adapt 2030 on the subject of sunspot count and solar minimum connection.
Sunspots and Cooling Temperatures

Except we are not cooling. Looks like 2014 will be warmest year ever, so much for another ice age...
NOAA: 2014 warmest year on record so far

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join