It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos.... dumb idea or or a sincere remembrance ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have some tattoos
On my right shoulder is a rose in a flame .... the rose being perfect love... The flame being all consuming knowledge...the result being perfect understanding, an ethos I try to follow but fail miserably on occasion, still every morning as shave I see it and remember my mission statement for the day.

On my left shoulder is a star of David with a clover entwined and my kids names as top and bottom rockers, this reminds of my love for my kids my times in Israel (the kids live there) and my celtic roots.

On my back is my old bike club colours, I'm the last survivor and it reminds when I catch a glimpse in the mirrors, of good times, solid friends and a hope for the future.

On my arm is a cross which as a 14 year old drunk boy was done by my mate, It's about as naff as it gets but it again reminds me of trust and friendship.

My next tattoo will be my avatar either over my heart or on the inside of my forearm. I've seen some pretty crap tattoos in my time, but always ask myself "that's rubbish, I wonder what it means if anything ?"

So my tattoos are all personal reminders
So I ask again dumb idea ?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Not a dumb idea at all. It seems that your tattoos mean something. Some idiots near me have teardrops on there face and cut here on there necks lol. That just means they arnt right in the head!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I have a rattlesnake,, it symbolizes my love for reptiles, and the astral snake that is in my spine,
also the year it was made was a really good one so it makes me happy, because it always reminds me of it,,
it is also in my left hand, i am a leftie,,,
tattoos can be fun,,,

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Hi doc
I love my tattoos but I wonder what the hell some people are thinking ? The whole So your 16 year old daughter tattooed her face thread had me dumbstruck, but love especially naive love is a strange thing.
The difference being I'm 46 on monday and smile at mine, she'll be 17 next year and probably want to cut off her face. Good to see you again

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The way I see it is, that I wouldn't buy a shirt in 1970 and think that I would still keep wearing it for another 50 years and even begin to pretend that I still think it looks good on me all of that time. So why would I not think the same about a Tattoo?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by cody599

I have a rattlesnake,, it symbolizes my love for reptiles, and the astral snake that is in my spine,
also the year it was made was a really good one so it makes me happy, because it always reminds me of it,,
it is also in my left hand, i am a leftie,,,
tattoos can be fun,,,

I'm like you then

Tats when well thought out are a pleasure

Is your snake twisting to the left out of interest ?

Leave it people leave it

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
The way I see it is, that I wouldn't buy a shirt in 1970 and think that I would still keep wearing it for another 50 years and even begin to pretend that I still think it looks good on me all of that time. So why would I not think the same about a Tattoo?

I got my first tattoo in the 80's and it still gets great comments at the music festivals, when well thought out some things are timeless

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

good point,, i am amused by the idea, that what my tattoos are gonna look like,, say in 50 years,
but then i think,, wait, what is the rest of me going to look like,, i really dont care i am going to grow old with dignity,
tattoos or no,, this is just my vessel...
maybe a mike tyson tribal on the face would bother me, if i got it when being drunk

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Good to see you again to my friend. Go for it with the tattoo. Your angel looks real good. I see some of the young ones heavily marked and wonder what they will look like in years to come. Im sure a lot of them will regret it. Most of the young women where i live have lots of tattoos. Its definitely the in thing. Goes well with there cans of super strength lager!. Me personally have never had any. But i do like a lot of them, just not sure i would like them on me

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

My naff cross was done when drunk, man what a night,
My mate was a school friend, his father was a farmer and Harvey kept 3 pigs to grow for slaughter, his sister (she was pretty sexy) promised me she'd show me her if took them for walk, so 1 policeman, 1 promise, and 1 bottle or what was left of it later I discovered girls

I'm forever grateful

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
All of mine mean something. DO what YOU want and not for what others think. Even here I was speaking about a tat I got in remembrance of my grandfather. Its text on my shoulderblade.. and past it.. and was ridiculed because it was a bible verse. Im not an xtian, but it was in remebrance as HE was an xtian later in life.. and taught me to fight, keep oaths, and served in 2 wars as a decorated Native American war vet and was involved in several NA veterans orgs and was an OathKeeper. Screw people and their pathetic opinions LOL!
The verse?
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Get your tattoo.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Nothing wrong with tatoos at all but I'm a bit confused as to why you need one to remind you of your love for your children.

Shouldn't you always have that and not need a reminder?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
reply to post by cody599

Good to see you again to my friend. Go for it with the tattoo. Your angel looks real good. I see some of the young ones heavily marked and wonder what they will look like in years to come. Im sure a lot of them will regret it. Most of the young women where i live have lots of tattoos. Its definitely the in thing. Goes well with there cans of super strength lager!. Me personally have never had any. But i do like a lot of them, just not sure i would like them on me

You live round the corner Doc ?
I need a really good tattooist to get the detail but I'm still looking

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by cody599

Nothing wrong with tatoos at all but I'm a bit confused as to why you need one to remind you of your love for your children.

Shouldn't you always have that and not need a reminder?

Maybe a reminder of not losing their love in the bitter divorce would have been a better way to put it.
Thanks for the heads up

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Ahhhh that makes more sense now.

I hope I didn't offend you, none was intended.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
All of mine mean something. DO what YOU want and not for what others think. Even here I was speaking about a tat I got in remembrance of my grandfather. Its text on my shoulderblade.. and past it.. and was ridiculed because it was a bible verse. Im not an xtian, but it was in remebrance as HE was an xtian later in life.. and taught me to fight, keep oaths, and served in 2 wars as a decorated Native American war vet and was involved in several NA veterans orgs and was an OathKeeper. Screw people and their pathetic opinions LOL!
The verse?
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Get your tattoo.

'
That's cool but as a non believer I'd happily consider changing 'the LORD' for my soul and adding and keeps me wise and true.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

No offence

quite the opposite thanks for making me retype with more thought

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Originally posted by Advantage
The verse?

Get your tattoo.

'
That's cool but as a non believer I'd happily consider changing 'the LORD' for my soul and adding and keeps me wise and true.

Ahhhh see As I stated Im a not a xtian either... but you too misinterpret it. Its in remembrance of HIM... not my personal feelings, but HIS. As things you do in remembrance actually are done... if youre not being self-centric concerning it.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Well said sir

I was merely thinking, if it was my tat without the attachment I'd change it to something like that.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
When I see anyone with a tattoo that is visible when wearing anything more than a short sleeve top and shorts my immediate reaction is: "What an idiot". I see lots of idiots these days.

Can you really think about your grandchildren asking to see your faded out "tramp stamp"??

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join